Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2014

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2014

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 pm

hapapp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:Roster has been updated with the new walkons. No Neal so he's gone along with walk-on Purgason but he's still in school. Along with Goesling and Hodson is walk-on Jalen Sanders, a 5'10" 150 lb guard from Huntersville and South Lake Christian.

That makes 16 players. Last year's roster was 15.
Lost: Scott, Toney, Neal, Canty, Purgason and Burgess. (6)
Gained: Kostic, Kinney, Babic, Jackson, Goesling, Hodson and Sanders. (7)
Returning: Burgess, Clark, Eaves, Gilbert, Hamilton, Lawson, Kobani, Obacha and Spagnolo. (9)
Why is Burgess listed twice? Is he lost or returning?
I wondered the same thing. He's in school, but still classified as a *gulp* sophomore. He's ineligible if he doesn't have the GPA and units of credit to be classified as a junior.

name: Burgess, Christopher Juwan
email: burgesscj@appstate.edu
phone: --
address: Appalachian State University
addr1: ASUBOX 06855
addr2: Boone N.C. 28608
depart/major: Communication Studies
title: Sophomore
type: STUDENT

I hope it's just an error, but it could explain Fox adding so many PGs in recent months and weeks.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Sorry. Baskin, not Burgess. Got my B's mixed up.

I don't want to accidentally start another rumor like I did with Gilbert because I posted something wrong.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 am

asu66 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
T-Dog wrote:Roster has been updated with the new walkons. No Neal so he's gone along with walk-on Purgason but he's still in school. Along with Goesling and Hodson is walk-on Jalen Sanders, a 5'10" 150 lb guard from Huntersville and South Lake Christian.

That makes 16 players. Last year's roster was 15.
Lost: Scott, Toney, Neal, Canty, Purgason and Burgess. (6)
Gained: Kostic, Kinney, Babic, Jackson, Goesling, Hodson and Sanders. (7)
Returning: Burgess, Clark, Eaves, Gilbert, Hamilton, Lawson, Kobani, Obacha and Spagnolo. (9)
Why is Burgess listed twice? Is he lost or returning?
I wondered the same thing. He's in school, but still classified as a *gulp* sophomore. He's ineligible if he doesn't have the GPA and units of credit to be classified as a junior.

name: Burgess, Christopher Juwan
email: burgesscj@appstate.edu
phone: --
address: Appalachian State University
addr1: ASUBOX 06855
addr2: Boone N.C. 28608
depart/major: Communication Studies
title: Sophomore
type: STUDENT

I hope it's just an error, but it could explain Fox adding so many PGs in recent months and weeks.
It is possible to have good grades, make proper progress to graduation and still be a Soph in your 3rd year.
From the Undergrad Bulletin:
At the end of each semester students are classified on the basis of semester hours.
Students admitted as degree-seeking and who have earned less than 30 semester hours are classified as freshmen.
Students who have earned at least 30 semester hours are classified as sophomores.
Students who have earned at least 60 semester hours are classified as juniors.
Students who have earned 90 semester hours are classified as seniors.
He may have taken and passed 59 hrs and passed them all and he would not be "academically" a Junior. App St and NCAA years are not always the same. You could have taken 48hrs and passed them and he in good standing with App State and be in your 3rd year.

Also, HS PG's are like HS QB's sometimes. It may not be there natural pos. but they are the best player on the team, so they get put there.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:18 am

watched Sanders highlights. Maybe not a go-to guy or anything, but once again, Fox is recruiting high bball IQ guys, every one of whom can pass the ball well and seem unselfish, no matter what their position might be.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:37 am

app97 wrote:watched Sanders highlights. Maybe not a go-to guy or anything, but once again, Fox is recruiting high bball IQ guys, every one of whom can pass the ball well and seem unselfish, no matter what their position might be.
Yep...thought he showed some quickness and excellent assist guy
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”