Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2014

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2014

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:10 pm

From twitter we have offered PG/SG Jack Shaughnessy (6' 1" 000) of Etowah High School in Woodstock, GA. And no he doesn't weigh nothing. He's just not listed in any databases yet so I'm having to dig for information. I will put a player page up for him as soon as I have a little bit more. I did find some video highlights, a quote from Southeast Basketball Academy.com, and a couple of paper articles so I'll put them below. He has been added to the main page.

(Quote from Southeast Basketball Academy.com) Jack Shaughnessy (6’ 1, PG, Etowah; 2014) – Lead guard with ability to create for himself and others off the dribble; has excellent ball handling ability. Excels in up-tempo pace and while leading the break. Very good pull-up shooter from the three. Can finish well on penetration.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2261677/#hi ... s/37419382

http://www.cherokeetribune.com/view/ful ... tch-player

More info as it becomes available.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:29 pm

From twitter and internet reports PG Kedrick Flomo (6′ 1″ 175) of North Forsyth High School in Winston-Salem, NC has committed to App. I will move him to the Commits section. The ESPN and Future150 3 star already has a player page with video up. He had reported offers from Buffalo, Charleston Sou, UTC, ECU, Gardner-Webb, Ga. Sou, High Point, Jacksonville, Lehigh, Mercer, UNC-W, WCU, and Winthrop.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 pm

firemoose wrote:Can finish well on penetration.
Annnnd that's what she said.

I had to do it! Had to!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
firemoose wrote:Can finish well on penetration.
Annnnd that's what she said.

I had to do it! Had to!
I knew someone was going to say it when I typed it. I'm just surprised it took so long.....bada bing :lol:

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Despite an obvious mistake in the headline, the Winston-Salem Journal recently published an update on Kedrick Flomo's commitment to App State.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/ba ... 0f31a.html

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Per Twitter and internet reports SF/PF Logan McLane (6′ 8″ 210) of Oakwood/Greenfield High School in Greenville, NC (Wilson, NC) has picked up an offer from App. I have added him to the main page and put up a player page for him a short highlight clip. The reason I have him listed at two schools is that I've found references at both to him with only a difference in the spelling of his last name, (McLane/McClane) but looking at pictures and video it appears to be the same person (same height and weight listed for both). Should anything change I'll update. McLane is showing additional offers from Buffalo, High Point, Mercer, Miami (OH), St. Louis, Seton Hall, UNC-G, and Winthrop.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:20 pm

From Twitter and internet reports PF Rasheed Worrell (6' 8" 200) of Sipsey Valley High School in Buhl, AL has received an offer. I am putting up a player page with some short, single play YouTube clips. I haven't found any ratings for him yet but he has a fairly long list of mid-major offers so I expect he will receive some grades soon. He is showing additional offers from Alabama A&M, Alabama St, Albany, Arkansas-PB, Charleston Southern, UTC, Furman, Gardner-Webb, Jackson St, Presbyterian, Southern U, and Wofford.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

PF Rasheed Worrell (6′ 8″ 200) of Sipsey Valley High School in Buhl, AL has committed to App. I will move him to the commit section of the main page. Already some people are tweeting things like "I hope he doesn't change his mind". Lots of jerks out there. Congrats and thanks to Mr. Worrell for being willing to commit with all the Graham mess taking place.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:11 pm

i'm curious to see what the backlash of the Graham situation will be and if it will affect any of the kids we have been recruiting. hopefully they have more integrity about them

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah, I'm watching the accounts of the recruits in all sports right now to see what's being said. I saw the post from Mr. Worrell a few seconds after he posted it but to be honest I was slow in putting it up because I've almost quit doing this after the BS I've read in the past few weeks. I'll cool down and make a rational decision or post, unlike many on here. Not much place on here for a "positive polly" as someone put it. I'll probabily continue doing exactly what I've been doing since I've put some much time into it. I guess I'm a masochist. The non-sexual defination of the word (A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences) :)

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am

I for one appreciate yours and AppGrad78's recruiting updates. To me, these are about the most positive things to come to the board for anymore.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 am

eggers76 wrote:I for one appreciate yours and AppGrad78's recruiting updates. To me, these are about the most positive things to come to the board for anymore.
Thanks. It's been a difficult time for all of us but I am not someone who looks for the negative in a situation but always tries to take something positive out, no matter how bad things get. It's just how I was raised. My thinking about quiting was just a reaction to all the negative. Frankly I've spent way too much time in the last couple of years working on these pages and threads to stop now. I said I would take the time to cool off and be rational. I've done that now and I'll continue to search for recruiting info and build pages as long as I can. I do it for the members, all of them, positive or negative. I'm just going to back off posting on other threads since I don't want to interrupt the "sky is falling, end is near/here" crowd. ;)

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 am

firemoose wrote:PF Rasheed Worrell (6′ 8″ 200) of Sipsey Valley High School in Buhl, AL has committed to App. I will move him to the commit section of the main page. Already some people are tweeting things like "I hope he doesn't change his mind". Lots of jerks out there. Congrats and thanks to Mr. Worrell for being willing to commit with all the Graham mess taking place.
PF Rasheed Worrell intends to sign his LOI today. And guess what pops up on twitter as soon as it's announced (his twitter account is @take_flight so he's getting these also). I'll post a couple below.

Dwayne West ‏@garnerroad
"@AppNation247: PF Rasheed Worrell to Sign NLI to Appalachian State Today @AppState @AppStateBBall @take_flight247" can you #FreeDtae now!

Ladji_GRoad24 ‏@LadjiSamoura
@garnerroad @AppNation247 @appstate @AppStateBball @take_flight247 Not fair #FreeDtae

I'm sure there will be more. Looks like West and company are going to try to work our recruits. Congrats to Mr. Worrell for signing with all this going on.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:01 am

From appstatesports reports App signed both PG Kedrick Flomo (6′ 1″ 175) of North Forsyth High School in Winston-Salem, NC and PF Rasheed Worrell (6' 8" 200) of Sipsey Valley High School in Buhl, AL to NLI's Thursday. I knew that Mr. Worrell was signing at 2 pm but I waited to see if any information came out about Mr. Flomo before I posted. I knew he was a commit but nothing much had been said about him signing. I'll link the story below and I've updated the Main Page to show them as signed.

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArtic ... =209307815

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Don't know if Worrell is the type of player to help us going into the SB. His other offers were from Wofford, Presbyterian, Alabama A&M and Alabama State. Flomo seems to be a solid signee holding offers from ECU, Buffalo and Chattanooga.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Kgfish wrote:Don't know if Worrell is the type of player to help us going into the SB. His other offers were from Wofford, Presbyterian, Alabama A&M and Alabama State. Flomo seems to be a solid signee holding offers from ECU, Buffalo and Chattanooga.
I think Flomo can play in the SunBelt; Worrell, I'm like you--uncertain as to his worth and potential. I did spend some time watching him play in online videos. He has some slick moves around the basket--but I don't know what level of competition he was facing.

One concern I have is that in one of the videos I viewed, he was wearing neoprene ortho sleeves on both knees. Don't know if they're part of his "Hollywood" image (they matched his head band and wrist bands) or if he just has gimpy knees. I hope it's the former rather than the latter.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 am

asu66 wrote:
Kgfish wrote:Don't know if Worrell is the type of player to help us going into the SB. His other offers were from Wofford, Presbyterian, Alabama A&M and Alabama State. Flomo seems to be a solid signee holding offers from ECU, Buffalo and Chattanooga.
I think Flomo can play in the SunBelt; Worrell, I'm like you--uncertain as to his worth and potential. I did spend some time watching him play in online videos. He has some slick moves around the basket--but I don't know what level of competition he was facing.

One concern I have is that in one of the videos I viewed, he was wearing neoprene ortho sleeves on both knees. Don't know if they're part of his "Hollywood" image (they matched his head band and wrist bands) or if he just has gimpy knees. I hope it's the former rather than the latter.

Worrell's strength to me isn't his offense, but mainly his defense. He could be a good guy to go beside Kobani or Lawson because he can play defense and they can score. He's really bouncy and long which allows him to block shots well. I know Rantavious Gilbert is similar on the team now, but Worrell can run in transition much better and having a big man that can get out and run is valuable. My main concern of him is how he'll stack up in the half court against guys his own height or taller. Obviously most of the kids he's playing against now are shorter than him. I think ceiling for him though is Andre Williamson who also came in a little raw.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 pm

I've found two sources indicating that 2-star 6' 8" 205 JuCo PF/SF Jure Gunjina of Zagreb, Croatia (School for Athletes) and Eastern Florida State College (formerly Brevard CC) has received an offer from ASU. He also is said to have an offer from Southern Illinois and keen interest from the likes of U-Cal Riverside, Georgia State, Mercer, Texas State, Boise State, Nevada, Jacksonville and others. Gunjina is averaging 14 points and 10 boards per game for his 19-6 team. Gunjina is also the EFSC Student-Athlete of the Week for the week of Jan. 27th.

Unfortunately, Gunjina went down with a knee injury during the final minutes of a game last Monday night. The game was interrupted for 40 minutes while trainers and physicians evaluated Gunjina's condition and placed him on a stretcher for an awaiting ambulance. There has been no official report on the seriousness of the injury, but Eastern Florida has now played two games without him.

A healthy Gunjina is a threat down low, but is also dangerous from the perimeter. He has a killer shooting percentage from behind the arc.

If or how Capel's tenure and Gunjina's injury will impact ASU basketball next October is unknown.

http://www.easternflorida.edu/student-l ... unjina.cfm

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/201 ... nus-player

Jure Gunjina highlights...
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 pm

These Graham supporters are even starting to go at our recruits. There was one from the Brewster Hoops guy in this group but he deleted it before I could copy it (my search engine refreshed just as I started to copy). I will be watching to try and catch any more.

Retweeted by Kedrick Flomo
joi jeter ‏@joibell
@KedrickFlomo_12 nigga somebody holding somebody hostage !

BOOMERANG ‏@Yosef_killa
@joibell @KedrickFlomo_12 #hostage takers will get theirs # freedtae #karma

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Rumors...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”