Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Commitment No. 4, Marcus Bryan

AppGrad78
School: Appalachian State

Commitment No. 4, Marcus Bryan

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

According to Twitter traffic, Justin Gainey's visit with PF Marcus "Marki" Bryan (6-8, 215) of Ravenscroft School in Raleigh went exceptionally well. Bryan says he plans to sign with App and will join Devonte Graham, Aaron Scott and Ty Toney in our class of 2013. Scout.com and ESPN.com both rate him a two-star prospect.

Highlights:

Interview:
Last edited by AppGrad78 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppGrad78

Re: Commitment No. 4, Marcus Bryan

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:41 pm

It appears our newest commitment will play his senior season at Ravenscroft School, opting not to play at The Miller School in Charlottesville, Va., according to ravenscroft.org:

http://www.ravenscroft.org/cf_news/view.cfm?newsid=2549

Ravenscroft forward Marcus Bryan '13 has verbally committed to play basketball at Appalachian State.

During his junior season, Marcus averaged 11.8 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game to help lead Ravenscroft to its first NCISAA state championship in 32 years. The team also set a school record for wins with a 31-4 overall record; won its second straight HighSchoolOT.com Holiday Invitational title in December; its sixth straight TISAC Conference championship; and earned a spot in the ESPNHS National High School Invitational. Marcus was an All-Conference selection in 2012, and was named to the HighSchoolOT.com Holiday Invitational All-Tournament in 2011.

Marcus ranks 15th all-time in career scoring at Ravenscroft with 903 points and second in rebounds with 815. He also has 213 career blocks.

“Marcus Bryan has been an outstanding basketball player at Ravenscroft for his entire high school career,” said Ravenscroft Head Coach Kevin Billerman. “He will finish his career at Ravenscroft as the School’s all-time leader in both rebounding and has a chance to break the blocked shots record. We expect Marcus to have another outstanding season and exceed his level of play from the last two years when he was an All-Conference and All-HighSchoolOT.com Tournament selection. Coach Capel and his staff were extremely impressive in their recruitment of Marcus, and they are getting one of the top players in the state. Coach Capel spoke to Marcus extensively about being a ‘face-up 4’ as he was at North Carolina. Staying in the state means the entire Ravenscroft community will be able to continue to closely follow Marcus’ career.”

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:46 am

Hey Charlie, just a quick question for you. With the addition of Jon Frye, we now have a 15 player roster--but only two senior scholarship players are graduating. The math doesn't work for me on four incoming scholarship recruits--unless quite a few of the recent pickups are walk-ons. (I know Spagnolo is a w/o, but I'm uncertain about guys like Rutherford, Eaves, Burgess, Clarke, Baskin, and Frye. Would appreciate any light you can shed on the mystery. I'm at least six months behind on ASU recruiting. :? We're apparently going to have a real looooong bench next season or an exodus.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:35 pm

asu66 wrote:Hey Charlie, just a quick question for you. With the addition of Jon Frye, we now have a 15 player roster--but only two senior scholarship players are graduating. The math doesn't work for me on four incoming scholarship recruits--unless quite a few of the recent pickups are walk-ons. (I know Spagnolo is a w/o, but I'm uncertain about guys like Rutherford, Eaves, Burgess, Clarke, Baskin, and Frye. Would appreciate any light you can shed on the mystery. I'm at least six months behind on ASU recruiting. :? We're apparently going to have a real looooong bench next season or an exodus.
Chuck: I could be wrong but I'm guessing Jonathan came here as a walkon. I talked with some of our players last week and they indicated we had a 2013 target on campus, which tells me we had another scholarship available. Either that or it was taken by Frye. The math still doesn't work, though.

TheGreatBolo

Unread post by TheGreatBolo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:02 pm

I knew Coach Kevin Billerman when he was coaching under Jeff Mullins at UNC-C. Same guy, right?

GoMocs
School: Chattanooga

Unread post by GoMocs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Multiple tweets this morning has Marcus de-committing from Appalachian.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”