Wake Forest to begin selling...

NO.2
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wake Forest to begin selling...

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:49 am

appgrouch wrote:One big factor to look at here is that Wake has contracted out/sold their concession services to a 3rd party that will do all the compliance and training for these sales. We do are own sales for concessions (Athletics for KBS, VG, BBS & HCC for HCC) and most of the work is done with student employees or volunteers. To serve beer, you have to be 21. So that cuts down on a lot of the cheaper workforce. I know at the HCC & I think at KBS, the beer/Wine sales at the Yosef Club is done by full time employees of Food Services Catering that are contracted for the event.

So even if we were able to sell beer/wine at games, we would either have to change the way we do business, increase our labor costs or sell rights to a 3rd party for a stand, which 1 stand at KBS, imagine the fiasco.
I imagine it would look something like the mess in Montgomery. We wreaked havoc on the beer concessions during the game.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:36 am

Get more points of sell, then. I've never heard of too much demand being a reason to avoid selling something. I bet if we go back to Montgomery they will have that issue fixed. They don't want to lose business. Or if we go to a different bowl, they will know to give us the East Carolina treatment.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:39 am

"Appalachian travels well AND they buy a lot of beer." We need to be sure to pitch that if we're in the discussion for a NY6 Bowl. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 am

AppinVA wrote:Get more points of sell, then. I've never heard of too much demand being a reason to avoid selling something. I bet if we go back to Montgomery they will have that issue fixed. They don't want to lose business. Or if we go to a different bowl, they will know to give us the East Carolina treatment.
The Camellia Bowl was a lot of fun overall, but that stadium had a number of issues beyond beer availability. It's a new bowl game that's making do with what they have at the moment. I imagine if they stay in the Cramton Bowl long-term they'll pony up for some renovations.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 am

appstate77 wrote:
appchicago wrote:
appstate77 wrote:
Wake Forest is a Baptist school. I wonder who will be the first to complain.
Nope. Severed ties with the church a couple decades ago. There's a bar on campus. Shorty's. Been there for years.
Nope to you. I'm a Baptist Minister who was serving in NC when the change in relationship occured. Wake retains their Baptist heritage and even opened a Baptist influenced divinity school. The Cooperative. Baptist Fellowship, which was the middle ground split off from the Southern Baptist Convention, retains a supportive relationship with Wake and many of its churches financially support the school
Thanks for clarifying.......I have always understood that Southern Baptist dropped Wake Forest....while always being broadcast that Wake dropped the Baptist.

To the Southern Baptist the Deacs are truly the Demon Deacs now....lol.
Along with all the changes might be more appropriate if they changed the nickname to Demon Crats.....lol
KICK ASS!!!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 pm

appgrouch wrote:One big factor to look at here is that Wake has contracted out/sold their concession services to a 3rd party that will do all the compliance and training for these sales. We do are own sales for concessions (Athletics for KBS, VG, BBS & HCC for HCC) and most of the work is done with student employees or volunteers. To serve beer, you have to be 21. So that cuts down on a lot of the cheaper workforce. I know at the HCC & I think at KBS, the beer/Wine sales at the Yosef Club is done by full time employees of Food Services Catering that are contracted for the event.

So even if we were able to sell beer/wine at games, we would either have to change the way we do business, increase our labor costs or sell rights to a 3rd party for a stand, which 1 stand at KBS, imagine the fiasco.
I apparently haven't been keeping up as well as I thought. When the App Athletic Center first opened, the contract for catering the KBS Club area was held by Pepper Moon Catering. The company, for the most part, had students employed to staff the sales and serving counters.

http://www.peppermooncatering.com/venues/

Perhaps someone with first-hand knowledge will be so kind as to give us an update on this. I am aware that University Food Services has been catering at least a few of the luxury suites, including the Chancellor's Suite.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:38 am

asu66 wrote:

I apparently haven't been keeping up as well as I thought. When the App Athletic Center first opened, the contract for catering the KBS Club area was held by Pepper Moon Catering. The company, for the most part, had students employed to staff the sales and serving counters.

http://www.peppermooncatering.com/venues/

Perhaps someone with first-hand knowledge will be so kind as to give us an update on this. I am aware that University Food Services has been catering at least a few of the luxury suites, including the Chancellor's Suite.
I was referring to the concourse concessions. Suites are a whole other thing.

Pepper Moon still has Doug Justice as the contact for us, so... Also, they are maybe hiring 5 students per game for their ops, the amount of workers in the public stands would be 3 - 5 times that.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”