Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Trouble with ESPN+ on Android

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Trouble with ESPN+ on Android

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:14 pm

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience. All my TVs use a Roku except one, a Sony Android TV on which I stream directly through the TV. The ESPN app works fine through the Rokus, and it's fine on the Android if I watch something that's on one of the broadcast channels. But if I try to watch ESPN+ on the Android, it's horribly glitchy and eventually just stops working at all.

Any advice?

T-Dog

Re: Trouble with ESPN+ on Android

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 pm

I had recent problems with ESPN+ streams not even pulling up on my Samsung. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it works fine now

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:53 pm

I always change my resolution to 720p when watching live sports.

Also Roku's are computers...the speed the chip will process matters. I have found over the years that people who complain about roku are using the preinstalled Roku (Which is the cheapest available) or the cheap versions of roku. If you can afford it step up to the $99 (sometimes you can find the for $69 specials) with the quad processors and you will have a fantastic experience.

I replaced my built in roku tcl tv's with the quadprocessor Roku's and use an HDMI port and don't use the built in Roku.

Hope this helps.

Side Tip. Resolution on TV's matter a lot with Antenna tv. If you have a hard time picking up stations with an antenna change to 720p on your resolution and you will get more clear channels.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 pm

Think about how a cpu processor speed works on your laptop. Roku's and smart tv's are the same way. A slow (usually cheap) tv processor has a hard time with live sports. They handle netflix great because they can buffer more.
By the way...I am by no means an expert on this subject. Just lots of years and money trying to watch AppState sports thru the internet. Mainly using roku's. All the others are the same (firesticks, chrome). The processor matters but nowhere does it list these speeds on new tv's with built in so called "Smart" tv's.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”