Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Boone Vandalism Case

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Boone Vandalism Case

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:22 am

Boone Goon wrote:Thanks for the copy/paste/google search lesson on our legal system...it fits perfectly on a message board.

This debate has slid into two corners:
Corner 1 - they don't have a criminal record...kids will be kids, it's no big deal. But if they do it again, then we'll reconsider.

Corner 2 - they have a history of bad behavior. They are 21+ year-old seniors and graduates who spray painted incendiary phrases on private businesses and government property. At least two of them have a long history of making false claims and acquisitions against members of the Appalachian community. Their behavior over multiple years is the reason I believe they should be expelled from App.

Does the university have legal grounds to do so...I don't know...will the leaders at App expel them? I doubt it.

But this isn't a political debate. It's a character debate.
Exactly! It is a character issue. It is an issue of the character of these women but also of the administration. Does the administration say no big deal girls will be girls or will they decide this is not the kind of behavior we want to represent our university. Are these the students we want to send into the classrooms representing this university. I know that to some I seem like a hard guy but if we continually accept bad behavior we will continue to get bad behavior. These girls do not deserve to hang a diploma from this university on the wall. I have the same question as Boone Goon. I don't know what legal grounds the university has.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:21 pm

fjblair wrote:
Appdoggy wrote:
NewApp wrote:I personally don't care whether the graffiti was anti-Trump or pro-Trump or pro-Hillary or anti-Hillary. The fact is they caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage. If one of the spray paintings was a brick building, it could cost a ton more to sandblast the brick. The squad car can't be remedied by just washing off the spray paint. It appeared that it covered part of the police logo.Thanks to Fox News this is a national incident and puts a black mark on ASU. If Fox picked it up, surely other national media sources did likewise.
Fox picked it up because it fits their sensationalist "news" agenda. And no surprise that local, NC stations will post something about it. But no reputable national news services will pick this up because college kids spray painting stuff is just not that big of a story...
That's twice you've blown the Fox news whistle. Fox news is no more "sensationalist" than CNN, MSNBC or any other mainstream corporate media source.It's all heavily biased and more opinion than just reporting the news.Most people are intellectually lazy and just tune in to whatever fits their own bias. You have to dig and read several different sources to get a balanced perspective these days. I watch Fox news sometimes but I've also been a NYT subscriber for years. The truth is somewhere in the middle.
Right on, brother!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:51 pm

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... alism-case

Article references a $1,500 threshold for felony charges related to vandalism.

Pitchfork still firmly in hand

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 pm

Boone Goon wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... alism-case

Article references a $1,500 threshold for felony charges related to vandalism.

Pitchfork still firmly in hand

14-127.1. Graffiti vandalism.
(a) As used in this section, "graffiti vandalism" means to unlawfully write or scribble on, mark, paint, deface, or besmear the walls of (i) any real property, whether public or private, including cemetery tombstones and monuments, (ii) any public building or facility as defined in G.S. 14-132, or (iii) any statue or monument situated in any public place, by any type of pen, paint, or marker regardless of whether the pen or marker contains permanent ink, paint, or spray paint.
(b) Except as otherwise provided in this section, any person who engages in graffiti vandalism is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A person convicted of a Class 1 misdemeanor under this subsection shall be fined a minimum of five hundred dollars ($500.00) and, if community or intermediate punishment is imposed, shall be required to perform 24 hours of community service.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:18 am

LOL! ...shaking my head...oh well... if not this time I'm betting Grainger will have another crack at becoming a felon in the future if not now.

;)

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:44 am

Probable Consequences:

ASU- Warning (Wink, Wink).

Legal System- Fine and Community Service. (May I suggest a field trip to the nearby back roads of TN and KY Appalachia, to lecture the families on their white privilege :roll: .)

Real World- On your application, please check the box "Have you ever been arrested?"

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 am

And we wonder why....................

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Did the Transsexual Transylvania house land in Boone recently?

Excuse me, but this thread is in serious need of some satire.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Two of these wonderful women were arrested again. Misdemeanor stalking this time.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/zz_styli ... 295ca.html

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Gonzo wrote:Two of these wonderful women were arrested again. Misdemeanor stalking this time.

Shocked face....not!

I just hope they keep their jobs and stay at App...they were just out having a good time, not meaning anything by it... :roll:

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Boone Goon wrote:LOL! ...shaking my head...oh well... if not this time I'm betting Grainger will have another crack at becoming a felon in the future if not now.

;)

Looks like it took them a week from my post to get picked up again. Yes, I realize it's "just another misdemeanor", but I've still got my pitchfork. :lol:

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Gonzo wrote:Two of these wonderful women were arrested again. Misdemeanor stalking this time.

Haha how did you catch that. Is monitoring the Boone Slammer circular a hobby? Im actually impressed.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:

Haha how did you catch that. Is monitoring the Boone Slammer circular a hobby? Im actually impressed.
I saw it on the App State subreddit today when I was checking to see if anyone was talking about the UNC series. Evidently someone is keeping a close eye on those chicks. :lol:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Good grief, that's quite a long police blotter for a small town. So much for people calling Boone a "quaint little town."
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Gonzo wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

I saw it on the App State subreddit today when I was checking to see if anyone was talking about the UNC series. Evidently someone is keeping a close eye on those chicks. :lol:

What the heck is a subreddit?
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 am

NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/appstate/

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:20 am

NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

I think you should change your username to OldApp after that one. :lol:

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am

NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

I always pictured Cline strapped up to an oxygen tank in the computer lab of a nursing home dementia wing.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 am

NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

I didn't know that I was the only member who didn't know what a subreddit is. Thanks for telling me. Pardon the sarcasm.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”