Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tiger Arrested

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Tiger Arrested

Unread post by NewApp » Mon May 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Washington (AFP) - Golf superstar Tiger Woods was arrested Monday in Florida on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to records from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The 14-time major champion was booked into the Palm Beach County jail on Monday at 7:18 am (1118 GMT) after he was arrested by police in Jupiter, Florida.

He was released on his own recognizance at 10:50 am according to the documents, with a mugshot posted online showing a tired-looking and unshaven Woods.

Woods was arrested during a traffic stop around 3 am, Kristin Rightler, public information officer of the Jupiter Police Department said.

Further details of the incident were not immediately available.

(couldn't get the link to cut and paste)
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

CVAPP

Re: Tiger Arrested

Unread post by CVAPP » Mon May 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Tiger can afford a chauffeur. On the surface it appears to be a terrible lapse in judgement, but I suspect he's battling demons that he is not willing to talk about publicly. I am glad nobody was injured, killed or maimed.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Curious to see if Woods gets the same treatment from the media and the golf press that John Daley has received for years. I may be wrong, but I don't think Big John has had a DUI charge.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm

I really don't like the guy for a few different reasons. With that said I think that it is sad that the golf channel thought it was helpful to show the video. Same with posting it on Facebook. It was very sad to watch. He is a guy who needs some serious help not humiliation.

teaasu76

Unread post by teaasu76 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Can't remember if it was a DUI or Public Intoxication, but Daly did get arrested in Winston -Salem a number of years ago.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:26 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:Curious to see if Woods gets the same treatment from the media and the golf press that John Daley has received for years. I may be wrong, but I don't think Big John has had a DUI charge.
Agreed. If JD wants to be a no shirt, no shoes "character" on his own course in Arkansas, more power to him. Naturally the two won't get the same treatment from the media. Why should the media treat them equally?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:49 am

The big difference in the two is Daly always liked to interact with the fans while Tiger basically tried to tune them out his whole career. When Daly had his issues people could relate to him because they felt like he was just another regular guy fighting his own issues. Tiger on the other hand always seemed like he was too good for the common fan. Most people won't have much sympathy for a multi-millionaire jerk.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:20 pm

teaasu76 wrote:Can't remember if it was a DUI or Public Intoxication, but Daly did get arrested in Winston -Salem a number of years ago.
Pretty sure Big John's not had a DWI. He did pass out at a Hooter's once. But haven't we all?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”