Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN pulls announcer

HeffnerIV

Re: ESPN pulls announcer

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:08 am

ASUPATCH wrote:So imagine for a second Lee and ESPN don't make this move and the KKK hear about it and set up a march on the tailgates as a symbolic show that God brought Robert Lee to Charlottesville. Clash occurs with college students. How hard would you all be coming down on ESPN for not having the foresight to prevent this?
I would never blame ESPN for the actions of lunatics.

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:18 am

Sorry Patch, but nobody would have given his name a second thought. It's not a high profile game that will have a ton of people tuning in. Whoever came up with the idea to move him to another game must have the mindset to look for issues or injustice to even connect the two. Similar to many people who are always offended by everything they see or hear.

Maybe they could try to make a connection to Robert E. Lee if this was a white guy from Virginia, but it's an Asian guy whose linage comes from entirely different continent.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 am

Many would blame them. Gonzo you are assuming the KKK makes rational decisions. Again, if an admitted ESPN hater leaves it alone, everyone is happy. No one lost their job, finances or livelihood. They simply switched crews in an attempt to avoid controversy. Mr Lee is making the same paycheck calling a different game.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:25 am

Gonzo wrote:I don't see how you could possibly blame anyone but ESPN for this snafu. Well, maybe hysterical Leftists nationwide for creating the climate.
Come on, Gonzo. The Left might be driving the "PC" trend, but the current climate was created by a bunch of "Alt Right" extremist hate groups. Let's make sure we give credit where credit is due.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:06 pm

"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:16 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:I know this is going to be hard to believe but I think Fox News may have gotten the story wrong.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 592458001/
Uh, yeah, thats called being volun-told. Just like when "... and ... have mutually agreed to part ways"
Not so Fast!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I don't see how you could possibly blame anyone but ESPN for this snafu. Well, maybe hysterical Leftists nationwide for creating the climate.
Come on, Gonzo. The Left might be driving the "PC" trend, but the current climate was created by a bunch of "Alt Right" extremist hate groups. Let's make sure we give credit where credit is due.
The tiniest of numbers, where the spotlight has been thrust to promote this narrative that they are everywhere. The numbers are still the same, just now anyone pays them any attention. :roll:

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Personally, I watch very little of the ESPN programming (I do like PTI) but can someone give me examples of where they see ESPN as biased, etc. ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Go read quite a few out articles here to hear the other side of ESPN's agenda.

http://www.foxsports.com/tag/outkick-the-coverage

Before anyone accuses Clay of being conservative, you may want to check his voting history.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:25 pm

I only really watch ESPN for actually events, and then mostly App State and Sun Belt related events.. They may be a bit liberal by american standards in the non event shows. I don't really know. But posting a foxsports.com URL would be prima facia as less than unbiased. Fox Sports has every reason to try and undercut ESPN, as ESPN would for Fox Sports. They are direct competitors in many avenues, and that is not even getting into the whole Fox Sports being a part of the whole Fox umbrella including Fox News.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Did you read one article?

If someone wants the truth be well read on both sides. Surrounding yourself with only those that think as you do is one of the biggest issues creating a divide in this country, and social media has only worsened.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Actually the links were not working for me which is a bit odd, but I was also having trouble with WatchESPN later in the day.

I agree about hearing from a few sides, and I do much better than average on that front I suspect. Though I do need to read some of the links as I have time, I stand behind FoxSports not being the best source for info about ESPN.

I would not go to Coke for info about Pepsi nor Burger King for info about McDonald's-at least it would not be one of my first choice for finding information about a direct competitor. But I'll check out the links later if they are working.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”