Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Board of Governors

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Board of Governors

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am

I didn't know the Chairman of the UNC Board of Governors was from WCU:
UNC Board of Governors – Year in Review
By W. Louis Bissette, Jr.
Chair, UNC Board of Governors

North Carolina has a proud bipartisan tradition of building and sustaining public higher education — a cause that benefits all North Carolinians.

As a native of the Old North State, I’ve been both a beneficiary and a dedicated defender of that tradition. During my time as Mayor of Asheville, a member of the Boards of Trustees of Western Carolina and Wake Forest Universities, and now as Chair of the University of North Carolina’s Board of Governors, I’ve worked to uphold the values and institutions that strengthen our state.

Two years ago, I became Chair of the Board during a period of upheaval as we lost a president and Board Chair and welcomed a new president. Our mandate was to help stabilize and provide a shared vision for our great University and its more than 230,000 students; a mandate that means putting commitment to the public ahead of any individual interest.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appchicago

Re: Board of Governors

Unread post by appchicago » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:00 pm

I wouldn't really say he's "from WCU." He was on their BOT, maybe due to the Asheville connection. He's been an attorney in Asheville for years, was mayor. I think he's from there originally, and has been on a lot of boards and councils in that region (Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation, Asheville Area Chamber, etc.).

But education-wise, he's Wake undergrad, UNC-Law, UVA MBA. Big Wake supporter. He's a "life member" of their BOT, whatever that means. Distinguished alumni award, etc.

Not sure if he has any tie to WCU beyond his previous board service.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:14 pm

appchicago wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:00 pm
I wouldn't really say he's "from WCU." He was on their BOT, maybe due to the Asheville connection. He's been an attorney in Asheville for years, was mayor. I think he's from there originally, and has been on a lot of boards and councils in that region (Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation, Asheville Area Chamber, etc.).

But education-wise, he's Wake undergrad, UNC-Law, UVA MBA. Big Wake supporter. He's a "life member" of their BOT, whatever that means. Distinguished alumni award, etc.

Not sure if he has any tie to WCU beyond his previous board service.
Good.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 pm

The Eleventh District Congressional seat was his for the asking a decade ago or so .He wanted no part of it. He is however a fine public servant and a very decent ,likeable guy. My opinion.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”