Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NAL Championship

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

NAL Championship

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 pm

The Carolina Cobras out of Greensboro play the Columbus (Ga) Lions for the National Arena League championship on 27 August.

The Cobras are not showing any App players on their roster and the Lions do not list college experience and I did not recognize any Apps by name.

This of course raises the question, "Why did I make this post?"

There is a slight connection. The Boone AAL team was in the NAL until the NAL ruled the Boone team owed Dexter Jackson some money, so the club left for the AAL from what I have read. I assume they never paid Dexter.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigCasu

Re: NAL Championship

Unread post by bigCasu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 pm
The Carolina Cobras out of Greensboro play the Columbus (Ga) Lions for the National Arena League championship on 27 August.

The Cobras are not showing any App players on their roster and the Lions do not list college experience and I did not recognize any Apps by name.

There is a slight connection. The Boone AAL team was in the NAL until the NAL ruled the Boone team owed Dexter Jackson some money, so the club left for the AAL from what I have read. I assume they never paid Dexter.
Pending litigation in Watauga County

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:04 pm

bigCasu wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Pending litigation in Watauga County
Not surprising. For a league to rule against an owner when these clubs are generally on shakey financial gorund I bet more than not would lead me to think Dexter has strong case. For the team to move leagues over this tells me he will likely have to fight this to the end.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Cobras won big by the way. 66-8. I am not sure but I think the other teams starters or at least QB was not playing or something. Such is minor league arena football.

Still nice to see Gboro win.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”