Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Charlotte Has Us Beat On This One...

HkyMtneer
School: Appalachian State

Charlotte Has Us Beat On This One...

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Commuter U has one-upped us with the announcement of a new 226 room on-campus Marriott with 24K feet of conference space. The city is chipping in $8 mil toward the $87 mil project. The UNCC Foundation will own the hotel and the city will own (but lease back) the conference center to the school. I've got to admit that I'm jealous. I miss the Broyhill, even though I was only able to stay there a time or two before it's demise. Its location (in regards to main campus and King St.) wasn't the best but it was nice to have an on-campus property that felt like an extension of the school...it felt like it "represented" us with students working the restaurant and photos/paintings of previous chancellors hanging in the hallways. I guess it all comes back to our one constant wish - more flat, buildable land around campus. Maybe one day soon we can get our hands on the right property to make something like this happen in Boone. I love the new Hutton Hotel concept, and it sounds like another King St. hotel is on the horizon, but a full-service University-backed conference-style hotel on the edge of campus would be a huge add.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 40635.html

NewApp

Re: Charlotte Has Us Beat On This One...

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:09 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:09 pm
Commuter U has one-upped us with the announcement of a new 226 room on-campus Marriott with 24K feet of conference space. The city is chipping in $8 mil toward the $87 mil project. The UNCC Foundation will own the hotel and the city will own (but lease back) the conference center to the school. I've got to admit that I'm jealous. I miss the Broyhill, even though I was only able to stay there a time or two before it's demise. Its location (in regards to main campus and King St.) wasn't the best but it was nice to have an on-campus property that felt like an extension of the school...it felt like it "represented" us with students working the restaurant and photos/paintings of previous chancellors hanging in the hallways. I guess it all comes back to our one constant wish - more flat, buildable land around campus. Maybe one day soon we can get our hands on the right property to make something like this happen in Boone. I love the new Hutton Hotel concept, and it sounds like another King St. hotel is on the horizon, but a full-service University-backed conference-style hotel on the edge of campus would be a huge add.

The Broyhill Center should have been replaced. It's as simple as that.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:28 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:09 am
HkyMtneer wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:09 pm

The Broyhill Center should have been replaced. It's as simple as that.
Except it wasn't nearly that simple.

There are things in the works to bring a full-service hotel to Boone.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:29 am

Just another place for us to take over when we play them again. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”