Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

McLeansvilleAppFan dealing with changes.....

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

McLeansvilleAppFan dealing with changes.....

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Some of you on here were very gracious in helping me with some DonorsChoose.org projects up to about 3 years ago. You remaine gracious I am sure, but I moved to a private school and have been there starting with my fourth year now. DonorsChoose does not work with private schools and given the tuition charged at my school I would never even ask if allowed.

Well, on Monday I am back in the public schools. The Middle College at UNCG was in need of a science teacher and they offered me a position. And due to some changes at the private school it thought it best to make this move now.

By the way the job over the summer I asked for good wishes on was not this job but actually a job as a conductor for Norfolk Southern. (Everyone knows I love me some trains and some had asked me off line what a science teacher was looking into outside of education.) I did not make the last cut on that so here we are.

At some point I may be posting a DonorsChoose project but if that would be in bad taste now I will not. Times change and I want to respect the wishes of the YC.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Re: McLeansvilleAppFan dealing with changes.....

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Good luck and congrats!
Last edited by NattyBumppo'sRevenge on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 pm

You are tooooo nice on that UNCC site!

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:12 pm

McAppFan, first I want to apologize for shortening your name to this abbreviation and even though I generally do not care for McD’s food I couldn’t help myself.

Secondly, I applaud you for following your dream. First I am sure you have a love for teaching and for that I am truly grateful. I know you have made many sacrifices while in this pursuit. This generation, and future ones for that matter, are in great need of dedicated and specialized teaching. My son, a very loving 7 year old with cerebral palsy, has made great strides through dedicated and loving teachers and family. But he is one who will need that extra level of teaching, passion and guidance to keep moving forward.

I hate that your love of trains did not allow you a position with Norfolk Southern. However, I am glad that UNCG has gained your expertise and dedication. I am in my 32nd year of emergency services and have a great dedication and passion for what I do. And State of NC retirement is pretty decent as well. God bless.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 pm
You are tooooo nice on that UNCC site!
I have been a bit passive aggressive with their attendance numbers which I am sure only pisses some of them off even more. A few posters there are very reasonable and I am sure I could share a drink with, except I don'rt really drink, but in theory I could share a drink.

I still want to pound them into oblivion. I want to beat them so badly they rename the school UNC-oh dear God the carnage, the humanity.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM&app=desktop
I hear they’re looking for a monorail driver in Springfield.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”