Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

‘19 CONCACAF Fold Cup Final: USA v Mexico

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

‘19 CONCACAF Fold Cup Final: USA v Mexico

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Our nemesis on the pitch has always been Mexico. This will be a physical match with no love lost between the 2. I’m hoping the American Outlaws are loud enough to drown out the El Tri fans.
Stomp’em USA!

BallantyneApp

Re: ‘19 CONCACAF Fold Cup Final: USA v Mexico

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 pm
Our nemesis on the pitch has always been Mexico. This will be a physical match with no love lost between the 2. I’m hoping the American Outlaws are loud enough to drown out the El Tri fans.
Stomp’em USA!
There will be 2-3 el tri fans for every AO

That being said, go Yanks! I’d like to double up the trophy’s for today

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am

Got in late and only saw the second half. USA has more work to do, especially in the midfield and on attack.They were getting beaten to the ball too much. D gave up a goal but seemed to play well most of the time. Looked like the game was played in Mexico City instead of Chicago. Also, more dives than a summer Olympics. Couple of those
Mexican guys should try out for their diving team.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 am

Away all day and half the night with a family event. Got the match on the ol' digital rec. It seems to have recorded a game played south of border. We've moved Soldier Field across the Rio Grande apparently. We'd have had a happier outcome if a couple of those close first period shots had found the net. :cry: if...if...if...if...

Berhalter needs to identify five or six young NT newcomers before WC '22 qualifying begins.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 am

Apptiger wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am
Got in late and only saw the second half. USA has more work to do, especially in the midfield and on attack.They were getting beaten to the ball too much. D gave up a goal but seemed to play well most of the time. Looked like the game was played in Mexico City instead of Chicago. Also, more dives than a summer Olympics. Couple of those
Mexican guys should try out for their diving team.
The 1st half the US had the better run of play with the best chances, just didn't put them away.

The 2nd half Martino Adjusted and we seemed to stay consistent which ended up not working great.

Personally I think Berhalter schemed well for Mexico, especially in the 1st half. I wasn't thrilled with our subs, especially Zardes for Altidore. We really need one of our young strikers to separate themselves this coming season and stand out for minutes (hoping for one of Soto or Sargent). Need Weah to get solid minutes and step in for Arriola with Puli on the right.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Mexico adjusted after half time and started to up the pressure in the mid field. We just couldn’t get anything going in the second because of this. Every time we got the ball in the midfield they were there and we lost it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”