Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2019 Panthers thread

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: 2019 Panthers thread

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 am

From everything I can understand Cam has a done a great deal for the Charlotte area - especially kids - I don't think he is a bad guy at all - he is a professional athlete - thus the showmanship -
I also agree with earlier comments that if they take away his ability/threat to run the offense won't work, not enough weapons if he is removed from the equation
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 am

Having Cam throw 51 times in his second game coming of shoulder surgery that took him out most of the off season, especially for a team that has always been run-heavy, is insane.

Also, they were running CMC so much early, then forgot he existed for large portions of the game.

Cam's not his best, but his OL has been a joke and the organizational mismanagement of that position group is mind boggling. But even so, 4th and 1, put him under center, follow whichever tackle is better and get the yard and maybe the touchdown. There was 1:20ish left plus a timeout.

I fear we're not going to see a less than 100 percent Cam the rest of his carer and he's not been accurate. But he's getting way too much blame. I want Rivera and/or Norv fired right now.There's too much offensive talent, OL aside, to waste when you have a solid defense.

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 am

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 am
Having Cam throw 51 times in his second game coming of shoulder surgery that took him out most of the off season, especially for a team that has always been run-heavy, is insane.

Also, they were running CMC so much early, then forgot he existed for large portions of the game.

Cam's not his best, but his OL has been a joke and the organizational mismanagement of that position group is mind boggling. But even so, 4th and 1, put him under center, follow whichever tackle is better and get the yard and maybe the touchdown. There was 1:20ish left plus a timeout.

I fear we're not going to see a less than 100 percent Cam the rest of his carer and he's not been accurate. But he's getting way too much blame. I want Rivera and/or Norv fired right now.There's too much offensive talent, OL aside, to waste when you have a solid defense.
The Panthers OL has been such a joke for so long, that I don't think they actually understand what pass blocking is. They nearly killed Delhomme, and are trying to kill Cam. Different coaches, different players, same result.
Give 'em hell!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am

He just doesnt have the fire he used to. Coming from one of the biggest cam newton apologists, hes done.

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am

Since the panthers really only have one player on offense, all the D has to do is double or triple up on McCaffrey like the Bucs did last night. They are otherwise not able to get into the end zone. Slye is the only other one contributing at this point.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Best Super Bowl ever was Panthers vs Broncos several years ago. Von Miller singlehandedly destroyed the Panthers. Peyton Manning went out a champion and a gentleman. “Superman” didn’t even attempt to fall on his own fumble then pouted after the game. Awesome!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am

Such a lame analysis of what happened in that game. Our Oline was awful and the blown Cotchery call at the beginning of the game shifted momentum and we just never got it back. As has been stated above, the lack of this management to ever put a quality Oline in front of Cam is baffling. Cam not falling on a fumble was more a result of the sheer beating he had received all game due to the worst blocking performance I’ve ever seen by an Oline.
The Appalachian State

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 am

appfanjj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am
Best Super Bowl ever was Panthers vs Broncos several years ago. Von Miller singlehandedly destroyed the Panthers. Peyton Manning went out a champion and a gentleman. “Superman” didn’t even attempt to fall on his own fumble then pouted after the game. Awesome!
I'm not a hard-core Panthers fan but I would agree that Von Miller won that game - he was in the backfield waiting for Cam - just as he had done with Brady earlier - Cam was totally beaten up and the big deal some made of the fumble not recovered was ridiculous - Some people don't like Cam and everything he does is seen through that lens ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:34 pm

8 straight losses as starting QB. Longest in NFL. Enough said!
Time for him to go!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:55 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 am
From everything I can understand Cam has a done a great deal for the Charlotte area - especially kids - I don't think he is a bad guy at all - he is a professional athlete - thus the showmanship -
I also agree with earlier comments that if they take away his ability/threat to run the offense won't work, not enough weapons if he is removed from the equation
Cam isn’t Cam right now and I have no clue why. And yes he is incredible in the community.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Let’s talk about the QB controversy for the Panthers. Newton has lost his last what, 8-10 starts? Kyle Allen , although not blowing anyone away with his stats or athleticism and prone to fumbles, is 5-0 as a starter.
When cam is ready to return, do you start him or stay with Allen? Do you make a switch after the first loss or give him a couple games to get it going again?

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:47 pm

It’s time for the Panthers to move on from Cam
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:51 pm

If he can’t or won’t run anymore hard to imagine making the switch now. I believe cutting him next season is a small cap hit

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:13 pm

I personally believe one of the biggest things people are not talking about during this 4 game win streak is the play of the Oline. It's gotten better each of the games, Daley started at LT today as a rookie UDFA and he did a nice job. Little looks like the real deal as well but the two concussions already is concerning. As far as pass protection goes Allen has not been we exposed to the heat the Cam has his entire career. If he truly comes back at 100% mentally and physically (a huge if) there is no question who the better players is, Allen is good and has benefited from insane Defensive performances as well as not throwing INTs but he is not Cam. Cam is the most lethal redzone player in the NFL. If Cam can run the D can not sell out on CMC like the Bucs have twice now.

On a side note it was infuriating to watch as Norv refused to make the Bucs pay for selling out against CMC. More jet sweeps with Moore and Samuel, wr screens but no. He just kept running exactly what the Bucs planned for. That should have been a more thorough beating.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:52 pm

It's as simple as this: healthy cam > healthy kyle Allen > hurt cam > hurt kyle Allen

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Can is not an accurate passer as NFL QBs go. His strength was his ability to run. That's been taken away. Trade him while he has some value.

The team plays with more spirit under Allen. They trust him. Don't think Cam will ever be the Cam that led the team for quite a few pretty good years.

Got to play the one that gives you the best chance to win, no matter the politics.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:23 pm

A healthy cam is a league MVP and this isn’t my opinion is actually a fact. The issue is that IDK how long someone can take NFL level tackles and stay healthy. You wanna know why Tom Brady is still playing ball? Its Because he doesn’t take hits. He talks squeals like a girl and throws the ball far far away from him whenever a defender is in the same zip code. Cam tries to get yards and has probably taken more hard hits than almost any other nfl QB.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:54 pm

I think the one thing that Kyle Allen has don’t that cam has not in a long time, and never consistently, is hit the mid-range and short throws in a regular basis. The ones that extend drives and set up 3rd and short instead of 3rd and 10.

I don’t know if the o-line has gotten that much better or if the defense schemes that much different for Allen, but he isn’t under the constant barrage of hits that cam has gotten when he was playing. Is that because the threat of completing the short range game is there?
Another thing that is weird to me is, according to team drs, cam couldn’t make the trip to London because he couldn’t stand on the sidelines for that long, but somehow he is ready to practice next week? I feel like when they are 4-0 with him out, why rush it? Give him a couple extra weeks to make sure he is 100%.
Not a cam hater and. It ready to get rid of him, but I don’t think you can sit Allen when they are 4-0 with him this season

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:44 am

Cam's issue is between his ears as much as his injuries. I think he's no longer having fun playing and has lost that competitive edge. Kyle stays in until he's ineffective....Cam will need 3 weeks to getback in football shape.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 am

This entire "injury" has been really strange. Cam said that he didn't disclose how bad it was and tried to play. Now Rivera appears to be stuck between a rock and hard place. He is publicly saying some of the right things. He is going to defend Cam whenever possible but he's got to be secretly thinking that he can't bench Allen now and ruin a good thing. What happens when Cam plays and stinks it up and we lose a game because of his play? Are they going to use that "rusty" excuse again? I think that if Cam is 95-100% healthy and plays more like he did previously- running but getting down, and if he uses good mechanics (doesn't throw off of his back foot) this team is a Super Bowl contender. I agree about the mid-range passes. I have not seen Allen sail balls 10' over guys heads who are running 20 yard routes. I have contended that he simply won't change his mechanics. I guess we will see.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”