Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Silent Sam

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Silent Sam

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:41 pm

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local ... e7c56f2cdd

Orange County Superior Court Judge Allen Baddour filed his written order Thursday dismissing the controversial case between the SCV and the UNC System and the Board of Governors and voiding the settlement. Baddour had dismissed the lawsuit and voided the settlement in court last week and determined the SCV lacked the legal standing to sue, but he did not give his reasoning at the time.

The deal, negotiated behind closed doors, was originally settled in November 2019 and gave the SCV ownership of the statue and access to $2.5 million to preserve and display it.

The UNC System Board of Governors must find a new solution to the dispute over the Silent Sam Confederate monument. But chairman Randy Ramsey made clear at a board meeting Friday that the statue is not going to be the board’s primary focus.

“That monument does not educate students. It does not run the universities. It does not make governance decisions regarding our university,” Ramsey said after the meeting. “As much as it may be a newsmaker, I’m not going to let it distract this board going forward.”

Ramsey and UNC System interim President Bill Roper said there are many more important issues facing the Board of Governors and that members will not spend their time talking about the monument.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appdaze

Re: Silent Sam

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Thanks for posting another random news article and not saying anything about it or why you are posting it. It did get you to 55 posts for this month for a solid 2nd place unless APPdiesel goes on a tear and usurps your position in the poles.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:49 pm

appdaze wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm
Thanks for posting another random news article and not saying anything about it or why you are posting it. It did get you to 55 posts for this month for a solid 2nd place unless APPdiesel goes on a tear and usurps your position in the poles.
It's "polls" not "poles" and you are the only one who cares about the number of posts.
Google SUX

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm

RAF

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:49 pm
appdaze wrote:
It's "polls" not "poles" and you are the only one who cares about the number of posts.
Actually champ I was referring to pole as in NASCAR pole position. Nice try though. Again, as many have said so many times; you do care because if you didn't you wouldn't make so many pointless posts. I truly don't mind if you post articles if you would state reasons for doing so. Posting an article for the sake of posting an article is just posting for the sake of posting. Padding those post counts. If I care about post counts I would make more than 20 posts a month. Again, nice try champ.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 pm

appdaze wrote:
Somebody’s gotta get and keep the baseball thread going 😂. We were mid-way through the 5th, up 2 on the #24 team in the country 2 hours down the road and nobody had said a word.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:33 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 pm
appdaze wrote:
Somebody’s gotta get and keep the baseball thread going 😂. We were mid-way through the 5th, up 2 on the #24 team in the country 2 hours down the road and nobody had said a word.
I always feel I might jinx things.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:12 am

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:33 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 pm
appdaze wrote:
I always feel I might jinx things.
https://youtu.be/1yiYF4uFI8U

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am

Seems like someone might be trying to start a controversial thread...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:14 am

appdaze wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
appdaze wrote:
Actually champ I was referring to pole as in NASCAR pole position. Nice try though. Again, as many have said so many times; you do care because if you didn't you wouldn't make so many pointless posts. I truly don't mind if you post articles if you would state reasons for doing so. Posting an article for the sake of posting an article is just posting for the sake of posting. Padding those post counts. If I care about post counts I would make more than 20 posts a month. Again, nice try champ.
1. Poles is still wrong
2. If i post to pad my count, why do i never make the top 5?
3. You really aren’t very bright
Google SUX

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:58 am

To redirect this thread entirely................. speaking of NASCAR. I was in Charlotte 2 weeks ago and checked out the NASCAR hall of fame. Never have been a NASCAR follower but really enjoyed the Museum. I was in awe of the collection of cars they had and everything Was in suck good condition it looked like you could hop in and drive off.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:14 am
appdaze wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
appdaze wrote:
1. Poles is still wrong
2. If i post to pad my count, why do i never make the top 5?
3. You really aren’t very bright

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_position

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

You are in the top 5. You've made 5k posts on a brand new name on this forum since its been open.

Thank you for the kind comment. It's great to know you passed 1st grade and made it to second grade degrading comments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”