Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Little Richard Passes Away at Age 87

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Little Richard Passes Away at Age 87

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 09, 2020 11:00 am

Many regard him as the real founder of Rock and Roll.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lit ... 00796.html

Little Richard, a founding father of rock and roll whose fervent shrieks, flamboyant garb, and joyful, gender-bending persona embodied the spirit and sound of that new art form, died Saturday. He was 87. The musician’s son, Danny Jones Penniman, confirmed the pioneer’s death to Rolling Stone, adding that the cause of death was cancer.

Starting with “Tutti Frutti” in 1956, Little Richard cut a series of unstoppable hits – “Long Tall Sally” and “Rip It Up” that same year, “Lucille” in 1957, and “Good Golly Miss Molly” in 1958 – driven by his simple, pumping piano, gospel-influenced vocal exclamations and sexually charged (often gibberish) lyrics. “I heard Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis, and that was it,” Elton John told Rolling Stone in 1973. “I didn’t ever want to be anything else. I’m more of a Little Richard stylist than a Jerry Lee Lewis, I think. Jerry Lee is a very intricate piano player and very skillful, but Little Richard is more of a pounder.”
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

goapps

Re: Little Richard Passes Away at Age 87

Unread post by goapps » Sat May 09, 2020 3:32 pm

An American Original for sure!
Not only Elton John but the Beatles, Rolling Stones and many others cite Little Richard as a significant influence.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 09, 2020 4:42 pm

goapps wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:32 pm
Not only Elton John but the Beatles, Rolling Stones and many others cite Little Richard as a significant influence.
In one of the biographies of Ray Charles, Charles was quoted as saying he and Little Richard were best friends. Ray Charles was one of my generation's favorites during the '60's
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat May 09, 2020 5:16 pm

goapps wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:32 pm
George Harrison gave Little Richard credit during his speech at The Beatles induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Of course Ringo, being buzzed, gave Muhammad Ali credit too. LOL (3:42 - 3:50 mark)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”