Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pat Dye: He Once Called Us a Sleeping Giant

NashvilleNeer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Pat Dye: He Once Called Us a Sleeping Giant

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:00 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:17 pm
Winning on a consistent basis is not going to get us an invite to the AAC. Our budget is paltry compared to that of the successful athletic programs in the AAC. We need more money through ticket sales, donations and other revenue streams outside of student fees. We are isolated, geographically speaking, to gain a lot of traction with corporate sponsors. Now I could be completely wrong in this, and they decide to come at us for the 12th spot, but given our current fiscal situation, we could possibly see that run of success on the field come to a crashing halt.
Winning by itself is not why the AAC would take us but it does help on the financial end, which does help us. We need more money for sure but that same thing was said about going FBS and we have been fine so far. SBC would not have taken us if we were a 2-3 win team every year. When you win like we have, and if you do it over the long haul, people are more likely to go to games and give money.

I'm with you that we need to catch up to the AAC teams in several ways but I believe we can. As long as our coaches do a great job of evaluating and developing talent the success won't come to a halt.
Love the historical posts at the beginning of this thread, btw.

Sadly, you're right. winning doesn't just grant you a jump to other conferences. It's brand, location or market size, budget, and then winning. I mean, if Rugters and Mizzou weren't in their locations, they wouldn't be in the conf. they're in now. WVU wouldn't be in the big 12 if they weren't in WV. We HAVE to get more donations if we want to ever leave, but i would love to get in the AAC and have a natural rival like ECU.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:58 am

Assuming ECU stayed in the AAC.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstfan

Unread post by appstfan » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:38 pm

ok..I was at the ECU meeting when Pat Dye called App "the sleeping giant". I went with a ECU supporter to the meeting in Charlotte. ECU wanted App to leave the SoCon and remain 1A.
I had a conversation with Bob Snead and got the reply "ECU will regret this decision" and "we don't to be like ECU".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”