Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Missouri FB coach

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Missouri FB coach

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:08 am

Might be behind a paywall. If so I will give a haiku version.

https://greensboro.com/ap/sports/missou ... 4b687.html
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Missouri FB coach

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:51 am

With the "Thanks" given I assume this is not behind a paywall. So no haiku for anyone today.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:05 am

Yes, thanks for posting this. And yes, thanks to Coach for his wisdom.

“I get that there are arguments on both sides. I get that for some reason it's been politicized,” Drinkwitz continued. “I just happen to believe that is good public health policy. Does it solve all the problems? I don't know. I'm a football coach. But I know that to get things done we have to buy into a collective mission. Is it a perfect plan? Seldom plans are perfect. But they have a plan in place. Let's work the plan. That's what were trying to do. Let's see if it works.”

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 am

Why do we still care about this guy? It's like your ex after she moves on to someone else. Unfollow and move on yourself. He was a Mountaineer for all of 10 months, I don't expect him to talk or act like one.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:31 am

Good for him. It shouldn’t be up to football coaches to try and convince people to follow public health advice, but since that’s where we are I’m glad more are doing so.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 am
Why do we still care about this guy? It's like your ex after she moves on to someone else. Unfollow and move on yourself. He was a Mountaineer for all of 10 months, I don't expect him to talk or act like one.
He does have connections to App and if he succeeds at Missouri I am sure App will get a mention and that is not a bad thing for us. I don't like that he was only here a year but I don't know of any stories where he was burning bridges in a way that other was not normal in a transition. I have nothing against him nor nothing for him know but my local paper felt it worthy of including in the paper and I am sure that is mostly due to the App connection.

It went into Non-App discussion. I guess it could have gone into Other School Athletics.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am
ASU2012 wrote:
He does have connections to App and if he succeeds at Missouri I am sure App will get a mention and that is not a bad thing for us. I don't like that he was only here a year but I don't know of any stories where he was burning bridges in a way that other was not normal in a transition. I have nothing against him nor nothing for him know but my local paper felt it worthy of including in the paper and I am sure that is mostly due to the App connection.

It went into Non-App discussion. I guess it could have gone into Other School Athletics.
I don’t care how he left. He beat CHeat. He will never have to pay for a beer, or Diet Mountain Dew, when I’m around.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Interestingly, I could not find the article when I finally read the paper version a bit ago. This may be a web-only article they picked up since the Greensboro paper does a ton more coverage of App football since we moved to FBS, and the W-S and Greensboro paper fell under the same corporate structure, and ECU took a downward turn. The article may appear in a few days in the print version.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Good for him.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:00 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Stay off Twitter then. All of our various “app state fan accounts” have an unhealthy obsession whining about everything the guy does. They make our whole fanbase look like a bunch of soft babies.
YNWA

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:34 am

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:00 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Stay off Twitter then. All of our various “app state fan accounts” have an unhealthy obsession whining about everything the guy does. They make our whole fanbase look like a bunch of soft babies.
Why would I stay off twitter? I don't care what the guy says or does at this point. I appreciate his 10 months on the job at App but couldn't care less about his success moving forward. If he does well at Mizzou, great for him.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:51 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:34 am
ah59396 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:00 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Why would I stay off twitter? I don't care what the guy says or does at this point. I appreciate his 10 months on the job at App but couldn't care less about his success moving forward. If he does well at Mizzou, great for him.
Haha I’m not telling you to stay off Twitter. It’s a figure of speech. It’s more a reference to the point that people complain about him a lot on there, connecting back to your original question asking “why do we still care about this guy”
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”