Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NCHSAA: NC Prep FB Moved To Feb

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Re: NCHSAA: NC Prep FB Moved To Feb

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:12 pm

So I am a high schooler that’s plays on the border. So I’ll play in SC in the fall and transfer over and play again in N.C. in the spring.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:16 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:12 pm
So I am a high schooler that’s plays on the border. So I’ll play in SC in the fall and transfer over and play again in N.C. in the spring.
I don't think this will be that rampant. You're talking kids leaving all their friends and what they've known to transfer across a state border for one season of a sport and then what? Transfer back? It's not that simple either. Most transfers require some sort of residency so unless the whole family is uprooting or pulling some shenanigan I just don't think this is going to happen that often. Will it happen a few times that get publicized? Of course.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:04 am

appdaze wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:16 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
I don't think this will be that rampant. You're talking kids leaving all their friends and what they've known to transfer across a state border for one season of a sport and then what? Transfer back? It's not that simple either. Most transfers require some sort of residency so unless the whole family is uprooting or pulling some shenanigan I just don't think this is going to happen that often. Will it happen a few times that get publicized? Of course.
EXACTLY, appdaze.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:25 am

appdaze wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:16 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
I'm pretty sure the NCHSAA Eligibility Rules and Transfer Policy Eliminate that option. Private School Leagues may be different:

https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/fi ... bility.pdf

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:12 am

You can’t play the same sport twice in the same calendar year

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:54 am

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
That could happen, and you could also suffer some serious injuries by not giving your body some rest time. Also a few questions can be asked and if you played in the fall then the NCSHAA could not allow those students to do such.

Lastly, and most important, someone doing this would need to find schools on the block system so they can end/start courses at semester break or the education one is getting could be a mess with leaving mid course.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:50 pm

So all will be well with the world in February, often the height of flu season? That must be one heck of a vaccine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”