Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Double Standard

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Double Standard

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:13 pm

Knowing this is unpopular and may tee off the mods, but I suspect this board has a double standard as to whom's posts and threads are deleted, etc. Oh, yes, I know some will say I bring it on myself. Having said that, I will still post on here if or until I am banned.

Also, I admire the admin and mods for giving the time and hassles it has taken to undertake the chore of creating and maintaining this message board.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

yosef69

Re: Double Standard

Unread post by yosef69 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:20 pm

I love it when jokes write themselves

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Give it a rest, man.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:02 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:25 pm
Give it a rest, man.

When the cronies quit hounding me and twisting everything around, I most certainly will. Until then, put me on ignore. It won't hurt my feelings.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:03 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:20 pm

I love it when people think the joke is on someone else and it's really on them. Good night, kind sir.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm

yosef69 wrote:

Noticed you've only thanked people about 30 times and been thanked over 300. Not trying to make an issue, just puzzled.
Google SUX

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm
yosef69 wrote:

Noticed you've only thanked people about 30 times and been thanked over 300. Not trying to make an issue, just puzzled.
I have quite literally no idea what you’re getting at.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:52 pm

It has nothing to do with who posts. It's always about what is posted.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:00 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm
yosef69 wrote:

I have quite literally no idea what you’re getting at.
As I stated, I wasn't trying to make an issue nor insinuation, just curious. I've noticed that about a lot of posters who get hundreds of thanks but give very few thanks themselves. Mine is skewed but not much percentage wise. Like I said, I wasn't getting at anything.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:06 pm

appst89 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:52 pm
I believe you it's just that I couldn't figure out why my post explaining who I am/background and what I have done in order to counter the insinuations that I have multiple screen names and loyalties was worthy of deleting.etc Too, someone said that they didn't really truly know anything about me except I wasn't a certain other member of this message board. I was just curious..as usual. Guess it's true that curiosity killed the cat. lol
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:06 pm
appst89 wrote:
I believe you it's just that I couldn't figure out why my post explaining who I am/background and what I have done in order to counter the insinuations that I have multiple screen names and loyalties was worthy of deleting.etc Too, someone said that they didn't really truly know anything about me except I wasn't a certain other member of this message board. I was just curious..as usual. Guess it's true that curiosity killed the cat. lol
I know it would be a lot more work for the mods but it would be nice to know why something was deleted. I have had my share of posts deleted and I was never sure if it was something I typed (which is possible) or if it was someone else in the thread that wrote something out the mods deemed unworthy (also possible) and the entire thread was gone.

I never had a chance to read your post about what you address here, though you have mentioned it before, at least in part.

There is the donate button and at one time I though about sending a few dollars in to offset the server cost. I would not be upset if ads came back, though not having ads is nicer and I don't having a problem admitting that as well. However I doubt I would donate money now as I do think some of the deletions and such is a bit heavy handed at least without knowing the why. I guess I should not complain much as the board is free to use so it is only costing me my time.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 pm
NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
I know it would be a lot more work for the mods but it would be nice to know why something was deleted. I have had my share of posts deleted and I was never sure if it was something I typed (which is possible) or if it was someone else in the thread that wrote something out the mods deemed unworthy (also possible) and the entire thread was gone.

I never had a chance to read your post about what you address here, though you have mentioned it before, at least in part.

There is the donate button and at one time I though about sending a few dollars in to offset the server cost. I would not be upset if ads came back, though not having ads is nicer and I don't having a problem admitting that as well. However I doubt I would donate money now as I do think some of the deletions and such is a bit heavy handed at least without knowing the why. I guess I should not complain much as the board is free to use so it is only costing me my time.
Here’s what it is quit your crap and just post stuff about App State??? Good or bad.
That should answer all your questions.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:51 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 pm
NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Here’s what it is quit your crap and just post stuff about App State??? Good or bad.
NewApp is an alumnus so posting about his life is posting about App State. Same for me, you or anyone.

One can just read the press releases from the university if one's definition of App State is so narrow as to not allow a bit of local and personal color.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:51 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 pm
NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:

NewApp is an alumnus so posting about his life is posting about App State. Same for me, you or anyone.

One can just read the press releases from the university if one's definition of App State is so narrow as to not allow a bit of local and personal color.
That’s great! He also comes with a lot of baggage.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm

I don't have a problem with any of the deletions and I don't think the mods owe anyone anything. The amount of open banter that is allowed here goes beyond that of many other forums I've been on over the years. I also think it is too easy to get spoiled by the wild west of the internet and we come to expect that anywhere we go we should be able to spout off without consequence. If a thread gets nuked then oh well. Its a free site. Stop feeling entitled to anything. Use it or leave it.

Here's a few websites that people can move to if they don't like how things work here.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/forumd ... Discussion

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/

https://gopaladins.com/

https://forums.ninernation.net/

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/board/

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:21 am

If you have an issue with the moderators adress it with them. If you dont like the answer, go enjoy life elsewhere. The annual victim card is getting old.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:30 am

ASUPATCH wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:21 am
If you have an issue with the moderators adress it with them. If you dont like the answer, go enjoy life elsewhere. The annual victim card is getting old.
Not the victim just everything I say is either twisted or stupid comments made about them.I don't play the victim, if I felt I was I would just stop posting or reading, but as I stated, I will post and/or read until I am banned. You don't get to make that decision.
Having said that, you have your opinion and I have mine. Go Apps.
Google SUX

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:31 am

I’ve had many posts deleted on ASM so I quit posting over there. I don’t think I’ve ever had one deleted here. And although I generally disagree with NewApp, I find his self validation and constant yearning for top poster of the month entertaining. Good start by the way, currently tied for 1st!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 am

I’d like to thank the mods for providing 20+ years of App State athletics entertainment. For years this board and preceding ones were the only avenue App fans could gather to share thoughts in between games/seasons.

For the first time in 20 years I took a three month break from posting this summer (granted some likely enjoyed that break). I welcome this change and refocus of the boards purpose. With so many other avenues to discuss other items which may be of equal or greater importance in your life provided an place to escape from those areas we often disagree and focus on a subject that tends to bring us together is healthy mentally for all App fans.

Mods thank you for years of service to this site!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:42 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:31 am
I’ve had many posts deleted on ASM so I quit posting over there. I don’t think I’ve ever had one deleted here. And although I generally disagree with NewApp, I find his self validation and constant yearning for top poster of the month entertaining. Good start by the way, currently tied for 1st!
NEVER EVER WANTED TO BE TOP POSTER OF THE MONTH AND NEVER HAVE BEEN AT THE END OF THE MONTH. If I did I would just post the word Bar B Que a hundred or two hundred times or recipes like daze did a week or so ago. You prove my point. Twisting.

Note all caps meant for emphasis not shouting.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”