Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tom Brady

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Tom Brady

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 am

I am now fully convinced , in my opinion , that he is the greatest professional football player in history. Without question he is the most accomplished.

BeauFoster

Re: Tom Brady

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:19 am

To go to Tampa Bay, and win the whole thing, tells me that he was the bigger part of the puzzle in New England (vs Belichick). Gronk played a roll in the victory, as did Fournette, but the attitude belongs to Brady. He gets a lot of calls that fall his way, but he’s by far the best that’s played in my lifetime (41 years).
Give 'em hell!

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am

He’s the G.O.A.T. without question. Brady is the only person Father Time has lost to.

GO APPS!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:22 pm

But how does he like his balls?

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:42 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:22 pm
But how does he like his balls?
Less than full.
Give 'em hell!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:41 pm

A ring is a ring but I can't pretend like he didn't have an all-star team to work with.

I truly think he had the best receiving core anyone has ever had. I'm not saying he had THE best receiver, but the best group as a whole.

Mike Evans--8.2k yards 61 TDs, HOF if he stays healthy.
Chris Godwin--still young, but 3500 yards and 24 TDs in 3 seasons, if he keeps this pace he's HOF.
Antonia Brown--11.7k yards 79 TDs, HOF probably already but 2-3 more seasons will solidify it. (only 32 yrs old)

Gronk--8.5k yards 86 TDs, was already HOF

Good (not HOF catchers of balls)
Between 150-300 yards on the season, but the catch rates are what matter here as these are check down passes. When your last check downs are 2/3+ a chance to catch the ball that is a nice cushion.
Cameron Brate--Solid TE with a 82% catch rate.
Leonard Fournette--76% catch rate
Ronald Jones II--66% catch rate

On the defensive side of the ball people didn't talk enough about Suh requiring double teams at DT to save Mahomes life. His existence is what allows the DBs to play further off preventing the Chiefs air assault from being as successful. Without going name by name the defense was just great.

Then after all that, you get to have Tom Brady as your QB. That's wild.

Brady got sacked once the whole game.

This team reminded me of when lebron went to Miami and it took a hot minute for them to gel, but once they did they dominated until Bosh had health problems.

Tom is the greatest QB now without question. He has the clutch gene on the Tiger, MJ, Jeter level. He's possibly the greatest team leader.

I'm not convinced he is the singular greatest player. Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, and a few others still have a claim.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:42 am

appdaze wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:41 pm
A ring is a ring but I can't pretend like he didn't have an all-star team to work with.

I truly think he had the best receiving core anyone has ever had. I'm not saying he had THE best receiver, but the best group as a whole.

Chris Godwin--still young, but 3500 yards and 24 TDs in 3 seasons, if he keeps this pace he's HOF.
Antonia Brown--11.7k yards 79 TDs, HOF probably already but 2-3 more seasons will solidify it. (only 32 yrs old)

Between 150-300 yards on the season, but the catch rates are what matter here as these are check down passes. When your last check downs are 2/3+ a chance to catch the ball that is a nice cushion.

On the defensive side of the ball people didn't talk enough about Suh requiring double teams at DT to save Mahomes life. His existence is what allows the DBs to play further off preventing the Chiefs air assault from being as successful. Without going name by name the defense was just great.

This team reminded me of when lebron went to Miami and it took a hot minute for them to gel, but once they did they dominated until Bosh had health problems.

Tom is the greatest QB now without question. He has the clutch gene on the Tiger, MJ, Jeter level. He's possibly the greatest team leader.

I'm not convinced he is the singular greatest player. Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, and a few others still have a claim.

I don't follow NFL very much except regarding an occasional App on the field. However I admire Brady a lot. He's 43 but he looks and plays like a 25 year old Like I said, I don't follow the NFL much and most especially Tampa Bay, but daze, how did Tampa Bay do last year without Brady and Gronkowsko? Were they a contender? Just asking.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 am

Jim Brown and Dick Butkus , but Brady is alone at the top.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:27 am

NewApp wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:42 am
appdaze wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:41 pm

I don't follow NFL very much except regarding an occasional App on the field. However I admire Brady a lot. He's 43 but he looks and plays like a 25 year old Like I said, I don't follow the NFL much and most especially Tampa Bay, but daze, how did Tampa Bay do last year without Brady and Gronkowsko? Were they a contender? Just asking.
Winston threw for 30 interceptions last year.

Games they should have won but lost:
Giants 32-31--1 Int
Titans 27-23--2 Int
Texans 23-20--4 Int
Falcons 28-22 in OT--2Int

They ended last year 7-9. They should have been 11-5 and rolling in the playoffs. Winston threw a league-high 5100 yards, had 33 TDs, and he still got let go. Those are Allpro numbers, but he singles handedly screwed up that season. When they played the Panthers, another game they should have really won to make them 12-4 he threw for 5 Ints in a 37 to 26 loss. He gave the panthers that game. The Tampa defense still looked good last year but they were always put in terrible situations thanks to Winston. It was truly a crazy season how he put up insane numbers both good and bad. That's how you get let go after breaking 5k passing yards which in most cases gets you a contract extension and Superbowl predictions.

So yes, Brady stepped onto a team spilling over with talent who then added Antonio Brown, Gronk, and Fournette to go with him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Brady hater, I'm an Aaron Rodgers hater!

As far as playing into old age, we will be seeing a lot more of that from all the sports as the medical teams and personal staff for these players are doing all sorts of cutting edge practices that are elongating careers by 5-8 years for some of the top-level players. That's one of the biggest reasons why it's so hard to compare modern athletes to those in the past. Medicine is so advanced now it seems you can play forever and come back from insane injuries to still play at a high level. All kinds of what iffs for past players.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:46 am

He still sucks.

but he's pretty good at it.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:59 am

I've always thought that naming a GOAT for an entire sport is purely subjective. Comparing performances between positions or even between eras isn't really a quantifiable exercise. It makes for interesting discussions but that's about it. That said, it's hard to argue against Brady, even though I'm NOT a fan.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:42 am

Brady is the greatest QB of all time - I agree that in a sport like football it isn't really possible to a say one player is the greatest of all time as compared to basketball where individuals play offense and defense - That being said, I wouldn't argue against the statement that Brady is the greatest football player of all time - His 7 championships probably will never be touched. I have seen all 55 Super Bowls and a lot of football prior to the Super Bowl days. I have even seen Jim Brown play in college and the pros. Jim Brown was Great - was he the greatest ever RB? - well he is certainly in the small select group - But Tom Brady really is in a class by himself!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:56 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:42 am
Brady is the greatest QB of all time - I agree that in a sport like football it isn't really possible to a say one player is the greatest of all time as compared to basketball where individuals play offense and defense - That being said, I wouldn't argue against the statement that Brady is the greatest football player of all time - His 7 championships probably will never be touched. I have seen all 55 Super Bowls and a lot of football prior to the Super Bowl days. I have even seen Jim Brown play in college and the pros. Jim Brown was Great - was he the greatest ever RB? - well he is certainly in the small select group - But Tom Brady really is in a class by himself!!!

Can't argue with that post. I wonder if when Brady was in his prime if any coach who had him would have traded him for anyone else.
Jim Brown was an anomaly. Loved to see him play (he gave 100% every game) and watch him in the movies with the likes of Raquel Welch. Never ever heard anything negative about him.
Google SUX

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 pm

I’m not a Brady fan, but Sunday was the first and maybe the last time I’ve ever pulled for him in my life. Of course the defense played a huge part in that win. But I think Brady, both with the Pats and now the Bucs, just has the ability to elevate the talent of his offensive weaponry. I also think his teammates do the same for him. But I think this season especially he’s been as great a coach (on both sides of the ball) as he has a player. It’s no coincidence that the man has now played in 18% of all SB’s, and won seven of the ten.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:29 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am
He’s the G.O.A.T. without question. Brady is the only person Father Time has lost to.

GO APPS!!
Good way to put it,24.
Google SUX

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:09 pm

Was pulling for Kansas Vity and hoping Kilgore could win a ring.

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:17 pm

Tom Brady is a great quarterback because he is a great leader. He knows it is all about the team and leads others by example. If other QB’s want to be like Tom, they should make it about everyone else on their team, not them. As the song says, we all “Gotta Serve Somebody”. Tom serves his teammates.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:44 pm

Brady is wired like very few. Michael Jordan and Tom Brady are a different breed.

Brady endlessly studies the game, his game, his opponents game, and has that competitiveness, focus on detail, and intensity level that very few have.

MJ is the only other athlete that I can think of that possessed the same traits.

Like I said, they are different breed, which is why the are both the greatest.

GO APPS!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”