Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Those who are and have served

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Those who are and have served

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:05 pm

To all of you men and women out there who have, or are currently serving our country, I am so very sorry for your loss. I can never feel that loss in the same way you are, but please know that I hurt with you.

mountaineerman

Re: Those who are and have served

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Sad day in American history. It’s been emotional for me all day since I heard the news.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:40 am

God bless all of you who have served and are serving. True heroes in every way.

Just sick with sadness and anger over this whole situation.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:19 am

Salute to all that served. Grew up in a military town. Difficult time for all the families and fellow military personnel.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Oldlknapp

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am

I’m certainly sad and grieving for our soldiers. Here’s a little story for you as we struggle to make sense of this:
In 1968-1969 I was stationed in “West Germany” in the Army. Our purpose was to deter the eastern block communist countries from invading the western countries.
One of the countries, Czechoslovakia, was attempting to make some “democratic” reforms (a lot of Czech students were involved). One Sunday morning the Russians invaded Czechoslovakia to crush the efforts of the reformers and students. Many of the students fled the country.
A few weeks later I was at my favorite watering hole in my Army work uniform. The bar was patronized by lots of students from the University of Heidelberg. Suddenly a young man came up to me and excitedly began hugging me and speaking things I didn’t understand. I asked my German friends “what is he saying”. They replied that he was a student that escaped from Czechoslovakia and he was so happy and thankful to see my uniform that had “U. S. Army” written on it.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:05 am

Oldlknapp wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am
I’m certainly sad and grieving for our soldiers. Here’s a little story for you as we struggle to make sense of this:
In 1968-1969 I was stationed in “West Germany” in the Army. Our purpose was to deter the eastern block communist countries from invading the western countries.
One of the countries, Czechoslovakia, was attempting to make some “democratic” reforms (a lot of Czech students were involved). One Sunday morning the Russians invaded Czechoslovakia to crush the efforts of the reformers and students. Many of the students fled the country.
A few weeks later I was at my favorite watering hole in my Army work uniform. The bar was patronized by lots of students from the University of Heidelberg. Suddenly a young man came up to me and excitedly began hugging me and speaking things I didn’t understand. I asked my German friends “what is he saying”. They replied that he was a student that escaped from Czechoslovakia and he was so happy and thankful to see my uniform that had “U. S. Army” written on it.
Thank you for your service, knapp.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”