Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Carolina Way!

School: Appalachian State

Re: The Carolina Way!

Unread post by 8993 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
Did I state "A Professor had an ax to grind?"
If I did I have no idea why I would say such a thing?
Please link where I said that and I will stand corrected....

PS. If you go back and look at past post you will easily see that I've said if UNC did what is being said I have no problems with what the NCAA does. How many times do I have to repeat this?
I've NOT defended them.
Maybe what Mccants said was true but there is NO one on this universe that won't say he is a nut job. He is not a reliable source to base things that Roy knew all this. All the previous players stated the opposite of what he said.
This is not "defending" UNC. It is saying give me a more reliable source before I'll believe it really happened. Not the fake classes but about Roy knowing all this happened...
It has been proven that UNC-CHeat has done what is being said, and the NCAA has done nothing.

And you have no problem with that.

That's a loaded question. That's like saying, Daddy, I deserve 5 licks from the belt not 2 or Judge, I deserve life in prison instead of 10 years...
I'm fine with what ever the NCAA decides. I may not like it but it is what it is, the law of the land.
If they ban them for 5 years then so be it. If they get off then so be it.
The fact that you'd be okay with them getting away with it is what bothers me.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:29 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

PS. If you go back and look at past post you will easily see that I've said if UNC did what is being said I have no problems with what the NCAA does. How many times do I have to repeat this?
I've NOT defended them.
Maybe what Mccants said was true but there is NO one on this universe that won't say he is a nut job. He is not a reliable source to base things that Roy knew all this. All the previous players stated the opposite of what he said.
This is not "defending" UNC. It is saying give me a more reliable source before I'll believe it really happened. Not the fake classes but about Roy knowing all this happened...
It has been proven that UNC-CHeat has done what is being said, and the NCAA has done nothing.

That's a loaded question. That's like saying, Daddy, I deserve 5 licks from the belt not 2 or Judge, I deserve life in prison instead of 10 years...
I'm fine with what ever the NCAA decides. I may not like it but it is what it is, the law of the land.
I am more :roll: than :o .
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Serious question for Appgrad1:

Are you a LeBron/Heat fan?

Not at all.
I'm pulling for Danny Green and Tim Duncan and the Spurs.
I like their brand of basketball.
ACC guys.
Of course you are... Danny Green is a Tar Heel.

As for McCants, how many Heel fans said he was a loose cannon while he was the #2 scorer for the 2005 Championship team?

Plenty of people knew he was psycho then.
Matt Daughtery had him scheduled with a psychologist during those times but he refused to go...
So you are saying that it was OK to have a nut job playing such a high profile role in an admirable program such as UNC...at least until he came out against the Heels?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:44 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

I've NOT defended them.

One can form an opinion outside of what the NCAA decides. You post this knowing nothing will be done to the golden child. They are clean in the NCAA's eyes, but will never be clean in the public's eye, that's enough for me.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 am

Hey McCants released his transcripts. Nut job or not it is there for all to see.

All of the rest of the 2005 team that has come out against him should release theirs. As the whisteblower has stated, "the truth is in the transcripts".

The Carolina Way=lying, cheating, obfuscation, nothing to see here-move along, myth....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 am

NewApp wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Serious question for Appgrad1:

Are you a LeBron/Heat fan?

Not at all.
I'm pulling for Danny Green and Tim Duncan and the Spurs.
I like their brand of basketball.
ACC guys.
Of course you are... Danny Green is a Tar Heel.

As for McCants, how many Heel fans said he was a loose cannon while he was the #2 scorer for the 2005 Championship team?

Plenty of people knew he was psycho then.
Matt Daughtery had him scheduled with a psychologist during those times but he refused to go...
So you are saying that it was OK to have a nut job playing such a high profile role in an admirable program such as UNC...at least until he came out against the Heels?
I'm sure the coaches didn't know how much of a nut job he was. Most of his behaviors have been since he left UNC. The coaches tried to get him some help. What else were they supposed to do???

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 am

8993 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

I've NOT defended them.

The fact that you'd be okay with them getting away with it is what bothers me.

It's not called "getting away" with anything. That is your words.
The NCAA is privy to MUCH more information than us fans/non fans. I'll just have to accept what they decide either way.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:07 am

Longrifle28 wrote:Hey McCants released his transcripts. Nut job or not it is there for all to see.

All of the rest of the 2005 team that has come out against him should release theirs. As the whisteblower has stated, "the truth is in the transcripts".

The Carolina Way=lying, cheating, obfuscation, nothing to see here-move along, myth....

I wouldn't release my transcript for the world to see. No ones business. That's why it's against the law.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 am

Saint3333 wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

I've NOT defended them.

One can form an opinion outside of what the NCAA decides. You post this knowing nothing will be done to the golden child. They are clean in the NCAA's eyes, but will never be clean in the public's eye, that's enough for me.

How do I know that nothing will be done? Golden Child? lol lol

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:27 am

This guy :roll:

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 am

Gonzo wrote:This guy :roll:

Tell me what you want done?
Burning the school and shutting down the program still will not satisfy you or others.

I've stated that I don't mind what the NCAA does. I'm good with it.
If they ban the program I'm good with it because I figure they found things that warranted it.
If they do nothing I'm good with it because they know more than us fans and I figure it warranted it.

What is so "This guy" wrong with this?
You haters are the "This guy" in this. Burning the school down is all that would make you happy and you roll your eyes at me???? lol That is pure hatred there.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:03 am

Here's an article from cbssports.com - it gives additional info not limited to McCants
---

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... ct-classes
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 am

appgrad has made up his mind many months ago, this is pointless.

Damage is done. I never have to listen to another tarheel (Walmart fan or grad) tell me how superior their academic standards are for their athletes.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 am

AppGrad1 wrote:

Burning the school and shutting down the program still will not satisfy you or others.

If they ban the program I'm good with it because I figure they found things that warranted it.
If they do nothing I'm good with it because they know more than us fans and I figure it warranted it.

You haters are the "This guy" in this. Burning the school down is all that would make you happy and you roll your eyes at me???? lol That is pure hatred there.

There you go pointing that finger at everyone else again.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 am

AppGrad1 wrote:

The NCAA should strip them of their titles, reduce their scholarship allotment, and institute a post season ban in football and basketball. They will instead do absolutely nothing.

There is nothing the NCAA could somehow know what would absolve UNC from the almost weekly damning evidence against them.

You are DELUSIONAL.

Appsolutley

Unread post by Appsolutley » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 am

AppGrad1 wrote:

The "hatred" I see on this thread is not so much for UNCheat; the "hatred" is for the posts of an App alum who repeatedly defends and excuses the indefensible behavior of a school he never attended...something many of their own alumni won't do.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:23 am

Appsolutley wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

The "hatred" I see on this thread is not so much for UNCheat; the "hatred" is for the posts of an App alum who repeatedly defends and excuses the indefensible behavior of a school he never attended...something many of their own alumni won't do.

Saying I back whatever decision the ncaa makes is not defending the program. Makes you feel better though.
Excuses? Where did that come from??
I've excused unc??m lol lol lol lol
This is getting better by the minute.
Please link.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:28 am

AppGrad1 wrote: If they do nothing I'm good with it because they know more than us fans and I figure it warranted it.
This is the biggest joke of the thread-assuming that the NCAA knows ANYTHING...much less something. All the NCAA knows is that UNC is a cash cow at Walmart and the mall sports store, and that's all that will matter here. The statement is basically a cop out so you can still cheer for your tar holes with pride. Don't worry though, UNC will get to keep selling their crap all over, and you'll still be able to buy it and say "we" at the water cooler next winter when Roys boys are on ESPN.
Give 'em hell!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 am

He's ok with the omnipotent NCAA decision because they're looking the other way.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 am

I'll tell you what kind of stumps me. In other posts I keep reading over and over how we so desperately want to play them. Why? That is absolutely the second from last campus I ever want to enter and I sure don't want them to dirty up Boone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”