Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Krispy Kreme to Boone!!!

fjblair

Re: Krispy Kreme to Boone!!!

Unread post by fjblair » Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 am

WataugaMan wrote:
fjblair wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:Dang Scat,
Granny's Donuts were the best. My two favorite places to eat in the early 80's were Grannys Donuts and Yogis Sub Shop - Yum ! :D
Dang right, add Buck's Biscuits for the win! To this day Yogi's is my gold standard on subs.
I have got to try some of those Buck's Biscuits, never had one. That is, unless you count my Grandma Buck's biscuits then I have. On a side note, you're from Avery County, right? If so, the Buck side of my family originated from the Shell Creek, TN/Elk Park, NC area. Know any of em?

Yep, Avery County and that is the the area where I was raised.I'm from Heaton area. My mom would probably know all about the Buck clan, seems she knows the family tree for everyone in that neck of the woods.

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon May 25, 2015 2:52 pm

She probably knew my Grandmother well, she was a nurse at Banner Elk Hospital. Everyone used to call her Mother Buck. Since you're from Heaton you probably know my cousins, Terry and Sherry. Their father, Joe, was principle at Banner Elk Elem. With that said, I'll let you guess their last names.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon May 25, 2015 9:50 pm

WataugaMan wrote:She probably knew my Grandmother well, she was a nurse at Banner Elk Hospital. Everyone used to call her Mother Buck. Since you're from Heaton you probably know my cousins, Terry and Sherry. Their father, Joe, was principle at Banner Elk Elem. With that said, I'll let you guess their last names.

Absolutely! Joe B laid the wood to my ass many a time. And yes I definitely remember Terry and Sherry although they were a few years older than me. I'll ask my Mom about Mother Buck, my mom worked there for years.

I was at my parents a couple weeks ago and Joe B's name came up because he still runs the fishing club. Dad wants to transfer it to one us "boys".

But I digress, still glad for Krispy Kreme.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Mon May 25, 2015 10:51 pm

NewApp wrote:
AppHoops wrote:The biggest takeaway for me (and perhaps the most important one) is that with KK coming into town, the eyesore / gag reflex that is Long John Silvers can finally cease to exist in our town and our memories.
Can't find fried clam strips anywhere besides LJS's.

Fried Clam Strips were a specialty in The Gold Room on campus

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Tue May 26, 2015 6:04 am

Okay, all this talk about Yogi's turkey grinders, Buck's, etc. has to stop, not fair (Buzz city special). Not fair(Mountain house) not fair (Sollecito's) while I sit here eating my, not fair (Chanelo's versuvian steak) egg whites on whole wheat toast (Holly Farms chicken sandwich)....

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue May 26, 2015 7:10 am

fjblair wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:She probably knew my Grandmother well, she was a nurse at Banner Elk Hospital. Everyone used to call her Mother Buck. Since you're from Heaton you probably know my cousins, Terry and Sherry. Their father, Joe, was principle at Banner Elk Elem. With that said, I'll let you guess their last names.

Absolutely! Joe B laid the wood to my ass many a time. And yes I definitely remember Terry and Sherry although they were a few years older than me. I'll ask my Mom about Mother Buck, my mom worked there for years.

I was at my parents a couple weeks ago and Joe B's name came up because he still runs the fishing club. Dad wants to transfer it to one us "boys".

Joe P. you mean. :) Anyway, when you mention Grandma to your Mom, Grandma's first name was Anna. From communicating with you previously, I believe you know my younger cousins, from Elk Park, Ed, Tammy, Tommie, and Kelly. (Buchanon) Saw them a few months back at a family reunion on Rich Mountain. All are doing great!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue May 26, 2015 8:32 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppHoops wrote:The biggest takeaway for me (and perhaps the most important one) is that with KK coming into town, the eyesore / gag reflex that is Long John Silvers can finally cease to exist in our town and our memories.

I didn't know that. We used to get the little steaks.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 am

NewApp wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I didn't know that. We used to get the little steaks.
Man I have forgotten all about the Gold Room. Used to save up some meal card money and go there for a "nice meal". I was a poor college student and lived two years in Hoey Dorm, right beside Daniel Boone Inn and never ate there. The place me and my buddies would hit was the Japanese Steakhouse for lunch. If I remember correctly you could get a huge plate for about $3.50. We fought over the end seat because the remaining rice usually went to that plate!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 am

WataugaMan wrote:
fjblair wrote:

Joe P. you mean. :) Anyway, when you mention Grandma to your Mom, Grandma's first name was Anna. From communicating with you previously, I believe you know my younger cousins, from Elk Park, Ed, Tammy, Tommie, and Kelly. (Buchanon) Saw them a few months back at a family reunion on Rich Mountain. All are doing great!

Yes, Joe B. Perry! I do see Tommie and Tammy from time to time. Tommie and I were same class.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue May 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Since your graduated with Tommie, I believe you two graduated approximately 1979ish. Correct?

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Since your graduated with Tommie, I believe you two graduated approximately 1979ish. Correct?

Nah, WataugaMan, FJ is an old fart but not quite that old. Finished in 1980. :D

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed May 27, 2015 5:56 am

MDaniels84 wrote:Since your graduated with Tommie, I believe you two graduated approximately 1979ish. Correct?

You are correct he is an old fart. However, not prehistoric (older than dirt) like me.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed May 27, 2015 4:01 pm

MDaniels84 wrote:Since your graduated with Tommie, I believe you two graduated approximately 1979ish. Correct?

Oh yeah dad daniels? You and me might have to scuffle back by the Hobart!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu May 28, 2015 5:47 am

fjblair wrote:

Oh yeah dad daniels? You and me might have to scuffle back by the Hobart!
dad daniels? Not R.D. by chance?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”