Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

World Cup Semi-Finals: USA v. Germany 7 PM on Fox

asu66
School: Appalachian State

World Cup Semi-Finals: USA v. Germany 7 PM on Fox

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:19 am

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/06 ... game-notes

WWC SEMIFINAL BRINGS TOGETHER TOP RANKED TEAMS IN THE WORLD: No.1 v. No. 2 The U.S. Women’s National Team will contest a semifinal match for the seventh time in its history of Women’s World Cup play (the only country to achieve that feat) when it takes on Germany on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada, at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup. The match will be broadcast live on FOX and NBC Universo at 7 p.m. ET (6 p.m. CT). Fans can follow all the action on Twitter @ussoccer_wnt and @ussoccer_esp, and follow the team along its journey on Instagram and on Snapchat (ussoccer_wnt). The USA and Germany will play the first of two semifinal matches, as Japan meets England on July 1 in Edmonton, with the USA earning its way into the final four with a 1-0 victory against China PR on June 26 in Ottawa.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/6/3 ... d-cup-news

The top two teams in the world square off for a spot in the World Cup final.

For the first time in a very long time, the United States are entering a Women's World Cup semifinal as underdogs. The Americans are the No. 2 ranked team in the world, but their opponents, Germany, are No. 1. They're also the reigning UEFA Euro champions and the leading scorers in this competition.

However, Germany haven't quite lived up to expectations in this tournament -- they racked up those big goal totals against Thailand and the Ivory Coast. They drew Norway in the group stage, then appeared to find their form in the Round of 16 against Sweden, but got outplayed by France in the quarterfinal. Only some poor finishing by Les Bleus and a penalty shootout saved them.

If they were totally healthy, the Germans would be huge favorites in this match, given that the Americans have also been far from their best. But midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsan, perhaps the best player in the world, is not expected to start due to an ankle injury. With her out, the playing field is a bit more level than it would have been.

The last time these two teams met was in 2013. The United States beat Germany in the Algarve Cup final, then drew with them, 3-3, in a friendly rematch a few months later.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: World Cup Semi-Finals: USA v. Germany 7 PM on Fox

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:21 am

Really, really outstanding performance by the US women - totally dominated the game and their individual skill level was evident, clearly better than the Germans!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:53 am

I was at Big Ben's Pub in Charlotte last night and the place went nuts for the 2 scores. Very good crowd.
Can't believe the German missed that PK that badly. Besides that our team look much faster without Wambach in the lineup and Morgan is still way off form. Looking forward to Sunday!

I believe that we will win.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:54 am

Our daughter grew up playing soccer in the 90s - classic and ODP, so we all learned soccer from the Mia Hamms, Carla Overbecks, Kristine Lillys and some of the better college coaches in the state at that time. I say that because I have watched a lot of women's soccer in the last 25 years and I do believe that last nights game was the best game I have ever seen our women play and it was against a quality opponent...
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”