Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

RIP: King Cecil

asu66
School: Appalachian State

RIP: King Cecil

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:40 pm

The beloved and protected Cecil, King of Zimbabwe, is dead despite his country's attempts to keep him safe from poachers. A disgusting story!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/zi ... index.html
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

ashugh

Re: RIP: King Cecil

Unread post by ashugh » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:42 pm

THE LION KING always dies at the hands of the nefarious!!! DaM that dentist from Minnesota. This could be a decent country if not for those embarrassing, rude and disrespectful mid-westerners. The whole place is going to hel in a hand basket. :twisted:

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Makes me really sad and angry. He tried to deny guilt by blaming it on the guides he paid. The US should allow him to be extradited back and face full charges.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

appfanjj wrote:Makes me really sad and angry. He tried to deny guilt by blaming it on the guides he paid. The US should allow him to be extradited back and face full charges.
Yep - no way he is such an experienced hunter but doesn't know when his guide is helping him bait a lion outside of a national park.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Any of you fellow old-heads remember reading THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME? - I suggest this would be perfect for this a-hole ---

"Hey, he's just a dentist!" ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:10 pm

ashugh wrote:THE LION KING always dies at the hands of the nefarious!!! DaM that dentist from Minnesota. This could be a decent country if not for those embarrassing, rude and disrespectful mid-westerners. The whole place is going to hel in a hand basket. :twisted:
I waited a full 24 hours to cool off before responding to your sarcastic post. First, I'll readily admit that this "nefarious" deed pales in comparison to the videos depicting US medical doctors crushing human fetuses and haggling over the price of the remaining and transplantable vital organs. That's low-down, scum-of-the-earth practice. It should cost them their licensure to practice medicine. Those folks will someday get to explain their misdeeds to their maker.

Nonetheless, the "good dentist" will forever be scarred for a deep, self-inflicted wound. As Yosef said in an earlier post, there's no way "such an experienced hunter doesn't know when his guide is helping him bait a lion outside of a national park." That's another low-down, scum-of-the-earth misdeed. A sportsman, he is not. In addition, there's no way the two African guides didn't know just which lion they were baiting. It was all about the false pride, the temptation, the greed and the $$$$$ for all involved.

From many first-hand reports, the dentist will have to close his Minnesota practice. His patients are revolted by his actions. That may be the least of his worries. He may ultimately face a court and a long sentence in a *really friendly* Zimbabwe prison. Cecil may yet get the biggest and loudest roar.

If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”