Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MSoc hosts LIU-Brooklyn 1:00 PM Ted Mack

asu66
School: Appalachian State

MSoc hosts LIU-Brooklyn 1:00 PM Ted Mack

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:01 am

Former Mountaineer head coach TJ Kostecky (he was here for just one season) brings his 0-2-0 LIU Blackbirds to the High Country for an early afternoon match today. The BBirds were scheduled to play NC State on Friday evening in Raleigh, but the *snowflake* Wolfies were too fragile to play in a little rain. That's *almost* heresy in the soccer world, even on thick Bermuda grass, unless lightning is a threat.

Nonetheless, Kostecky is certain to have scouted the Apps in person on Friday evening and will have his side ready to shake off the sting of earlier road losses to Western Michigan and Detroit Mercy. He's a cagey 'ol tactician and his scouting alone will be worth a one goal advantage for his crew even before the kickoff. The Apps will need their best performance of the season to get the "W".

Our guys have been shorthanded since camp opened. They've played without starting keeper Jake Agnew and starting midfielder Cooper Coughlin--both of whom had knee surgery three weeks ago and will not be available until sometime in October (we hope). They've also been without starting midfielder Raheem Somersall who was called up to his home St. Kitts and Nevis National Team for a couple of friendlies in preparation for 2018 World Cup qualifications. Somersall is back on campus and played in Friday's win over a good Central Arkansas squad.

Go Apps! Lay it on the visitors.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

hapapp

Re: MSoc hosts LIU-Brooklyn 1:00 PM Ted Mack

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm

1-1 headed to OT.

asu66

Re: MSoc hosts LIU-Brooklyn 1:00 PM Ted Mack

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:31 am

hapapp wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm
1-1 headed to OT.
I really thought we had the stuff to take this one, but Kostecky kept his guys in it. I still think we're on the road to a higher level of skill and play than in many seasons. We have more first-year players (15) than returnees (12); more international players and two new assistant coaches. Coach O'Keefe has shifted gears. :star
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”