Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ASU Cycling Home Race Weekend

AppstateCycling
School: Appalachian State

ASU Cycling Home Race Weekend

Unread post by AppstateCycling » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:47 pm

The Appstate Cycling Team will be Holding their Home Race Weekend on April 7th and 8th! the Highlight of this weekend will be the Downtown Boone Criterium along Rivers, Howard, and Depot street! Collegiate teams From both the Atlantic Collegiate Cycling Conference and the South Eastern Cycling Conference will be in Attendance! Additionally, there will be non-collegiate races taking place.
The ASU Cycling Team has a long history of Competing at the National Level with our most recent result being 2nd Place int the team competition at the 2017 Mountain Bike National Championships.
For more info about the Race, visit hccyclingclassic.com

WataugaMan

Re: ASU Cycling Home Race Weekend

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm

My other Alma mater, Lees-McRae (got an associate's degree there before transferring to App), has an outstanding cycling team as well. Go Apps!! Go Bobcats!! On a side note, I wish LMC would get their football program back. It would be nice to have two teams (Div I and Div II) to support/cheer on!! By the way, does/did that make me a JUCO transfer?

AppstateCycling

Unread post by AppstateCycling » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:26 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm
My other Alma mater, Lees-McRae (got an associate's degree there before transferring to App), has an outstanding cycling team as well. Go Apps!! Go Bobcats!!
They should be attending as well!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:42 pm

They need to stay off the highways.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm
My other Alma mater, Lees-McRae (got an associate's degree there before transferring to App), has an outstanding cycling team as well. Go Apps!! Go Bobcats!! On a side note, I wish LMC would get their football program back. It would be nice to have two teams (Div I and Div II) to support/cheer on!! By the way, does/did that make me a JUCO transfer?
Though not an NCAA sanctioned sport I do believe L-M is so much into cycling that they give scholarships for the sport. I know the NCAA can't sponsor every sport in existence but there are some big time Olympic sports that should get the NCAA imprimatur. Nothing against bowling, and I know why it was added but cycling has got to be a bigger athletic draw than bowling.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Just wish they would get the football program back!! They were a power JUCO not that long ago.

APP72

Unread post by APP72 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:51 pm

AppstateCycling, I will be pulling for the APP STATE CYCLING TEAM on April 7th and 8th! I am a cyclist also and have raced years ago and also have 3 ASSAULT ON MOUNT MITCHELL rides under my belt. Believe me when I tell you that running a marathon doesn’t come close to doing the ASSAULT!! I was able to purchase your APP STATE bicycle uniform at the bookstore and I am proud to wear the BLACK AND GOLD when I ride! Y’all go win those races on the 7th and 8th! GO APPS!
A CHAMPION IS SOMEONE WHO GETS UP WHEN HE CAN’T!
JACK DEMPSEY

AppstateCycling

Unread post by AppstateCycling » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:38 am

APP72 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:51 pm
AppstateCycling, I will be pulling for the APP STATE CYCLING TEAM on April 7th and 8th! I am a cyclist also and have raced years ago and also have 3 ASSAULT ON MOUNT MITCHELL rides under my belt. Believe me when I tell you that running a marathon doesn’t come close to doing the ASSAULT!! I was able to purchase your APP STATE bicycle uniform at the bookstore and I am proud to wear the BLACK AND GOLD when I ride! Y’all go win those races on the 7th and 8th! GO APPS!
Thanks for the Support! Mount Mitchell has been on my bucket list! Hoping to do it this summer!

APP72

Unread post by APP72 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:29 pm

AppstateCycling,
You will do GREAT because of all the intervals and long rides that the App State team puts in weekly. Those 102 miles from Spartanburg to the top of Mount Mitchell is TOUGH, especially those last 5 miles up the summit after 97 miles under your belt. Just remember WATER AND ELECTROLYTES! Let me know how it goes! GO APPS!
A CHAMPION IS SOMEONE WHO GETS UP WHEN HE CAN’T!
JACK DEMPSEY

AppstateCycling

Unread post by AppstateCycling » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Despite the Poor Weather on Saturday, The weekend was a success overall!
The Best Finishing App Rider Was Kyle Ellis in Saturdays Road Race. In a brutally cold and wet race that saw only 5 of the 40+ starting riders finish, Kyle ended up in Second Place. He will Definitely be App States Best Hope at nationals the weekend of May 5th and 6th!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”