Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

WSOC: Campbell @ App State 1 PM Ted Mack

asu66
School: Appalachian State

WSOC: Campbell @ App State 1 PM Ted Mack

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:59 am

The Appalachian women get another "go" at the Big South Conference soccer elite as Campbell's Camels (#2 in the Big South preseason poll) step onto the pitch at the Ted Mack for a 1 PM kickoff. This stacks up as another stern test for the Apps as the Camels present with a 26 player roster--only 3 of whom hail from North Carolina.

The Apps, on the other hand, count heavily on in-state recruits; only 5 of 30 Mountaineers hail from out-of-state.

Sadly, I think I see the handwriting on the wall, already. I'll gladly eat crow if the Apps play lights-out and even their early season record to .500.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asu66

Re: WSOC: Campbell @ App State 1 PM Ted Mack

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Well, guess what? The Apps really did play lights out and gave the Fighting Camels a good thrashing. Final from the Ted Mackorell Soccer Complex and the ASU Soccer Stadium...AppState WSOC 3, Campbell 0. Way to bounce back, Apps. On a happy occasion like this, I'm pleased to have had my gloomy prediction shoved back in my face!

I've placed my order for BBQ of Black Crow and will chow down about 8 PM tonite. :oops:
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

hapapp

Re: WSOC: Campbell @ App State 1 PM Ted Mack

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Wow! After watching the HPU game, I really didn't think we could put three in the net.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”