Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Women's Soccer - Sarah Strickland

BooneKarate
School: Appalachian State

Re: Women's Soccer - Sarah Strickland

Unread post by BooneKarate » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:33 am

canes_mj wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am
Sarah Strickland isn't the one out there not marking players and missing the ball and letting goals in. Not her fault. She's a great coach.
I really hope this is sarcasm because either way this is her fault. It's either recruiting incompetent players or poor coaching to where they don't see the importance in marking players or keeping the other team from scoring goals...

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:43 pm

BooneKarate wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:33 am
canes_mj wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am
Sarah Strickland isn't the one out there not marking players and missing the ball and letting goals in. Not her fault. She's a great coach.
I really hope this is sarcasm because either way this is her fault. It's either recruiting incompetent players or poor coaching to where they don't see the importance in marking players or keeping the other team from scoring goals...
Total sarcasm. I was being facetious....using the same logic that gets applied when discussing some of our other coaches in other sports.

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:49 am

Time for her to go. Recruiting against other NC/SC/GA/FL D1 programs is hard enough but with the dismal poor record why would a top notch club/HS player even consider app at this point

Applover

Unread post by Applover » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

I hope my source is wrong, but heard that her contract was extended. That would be so disappointing and would just indicate that the AD has no interest in soccer. The athletes deserve better.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 am

Applover wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm
I hope my source is wrong, but heard that her contract was extended. That would be so disappointing and would just indicate that the AD has no interest in soccer. The athletes deserve better.
So why don't you fellows take it up with the AD, Doug Gillin? He has email, ya know.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:52 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 am
Applover wrote:
So why don't you fellows take it up with the AD, Doug Gillin? He has email, ya know.
Now if we were going to email DG every time we had something to say, we would have no reason to post anything in the cabin. Are you saying that you disagree and that Sarah Strickland is helping our Women's Soccer program thrive and move forward?

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Why don't you teach some of those kids you have in your karate school how to play soccer so they can help the team win.
Bring Your A Game!

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:05 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Why don't you teach some of those kids you have in your karate school how to play soccer so they can help the team win.
I've never recruited kids into my program for their soccer talent. But hey, maybe that's something Strickland and I have in common?

I bet if I threw a group out there to play, they could've scored zero goals in a few of the matches too. But we too, would lose every road contest. To be fair.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:29 pm

BooneKarate wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:52 pm
NewApp wrote:
Applover wrote:
Now if we were going to email DG every time we had something to say, we would have no reason to post anything in the cabin. Are you saying that you disagree and that Sarah Strickland is helping our Women's Soccer program thrive and move forward?
Meant nor said any such thing. Just think a public forum is not the correct place to denigrate one of OUR ASU coaches. Serves no useful purpose. Just causes embarrassment and dissension.
Google SUX

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:29 pm
BooneKarate wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Applover wrote:
Meant nor said any such thing. Just think a public forum is not the correct place to denigrate one of OUR ASU coaches. Serves no useful purpose. Just causes embarrassment and dissension.
That statement sure wasn't the case when Men's Basketball had Jim Fox...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am
NewApp wrote:
BooneKarate wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Applover wrote:
True, but I never participated in suggesting he nor any ASU coach be fired. That's an administrative decision.
Google SUX

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:17 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am
BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am
NewApp wrote:
BooneKarate wrote:
NewApp wrote:

True, but I never participated in suggesting he nor any ASU coach be fired. That's an administrative decision.
It is 100% an administrative decision. If it hadn't been, Fox wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. And just to clear this up, I have no personal beef with Strickland. I just think our program deserves to be better. DG has hired multiple coaches who have pulled through and either turned a program around or escalated them from where they were at. I want this for as many sports as possible. Women's Soccer seems like it needs to be turned around next.

Big kudos to DG for hiring Drinkwitz, O-Keefe, Shelly, Dustin (hopefully not speaking too soon), and for extending Angel, JohnMark & Ginipro. Those are the moves we love to see. I'm not pleading for a jobless Strickland. I'm hopeful to see the program under new leadership and have a chance to be a winning program. Or at least respectable.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm

I don't know, but perhaps he did (or his predecessor) approach a higher profile coach and couldn't get them under contract for the salary we offered. After all, we are a football first and foremost school. Who knows except her and the admin.
Google SUX

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:32 pm

If we don't care then we shouldn't have the program then.

High profile isn't what we need. I don't think any of our coaches were considered high profile before getting to App. Drink included.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”