Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2020 Women's Soccer

Leodar96
School: Appalachian State

Re: 2020 Women's Soccer

Unread post by Leodar96 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Every year we hear stories of “this year I have better recruits coming in” and the results are worse than the previous year or said recruits quit the team. How many upper classman are on this team? Where have they all gone? Why? I understand there is a certain percentage of players that quit, I’m sure every program has a percentage. The number of players that have quit on this team is excessive. So who is to blame? The AD....who obviously doesn’t care? The head coach....who gets by every year with subpar performances and losing records. Sounds to me like some investigation needs to be done into the program.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Leodar96 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:11 pm
Every year we hear stories of “this year I have better recruits coming in” and the results are worse than the previous year or said recruits quit the team. How many upper classman are on this team? Where have they all gone? Why? I understand there is a certain percentage of players that quit, I’m sure every program has a percentage. The number of players that have quit on this team is excessive. So who is to blame? The AD....who obviously doesn’t care? The head coach....who gets by every year with subpar performances and losing records. Sounds to me like some investigation needs to be done into the program.
Curious what your relationship to the program is

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:30 am

asu66 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:50 pm
Our coach has something going for her in campus politics in order to have kept her job after last season and be allowed not only to remain in her position, but to ditch two assistant coaches with *close* Appalachian ties and hire two who are complete "newbies" to our program. It's almost as if the university has granted tenure to a professor who has not earned it and should not have it. (Of course there is no such thing as tenure for coaches at Appalachian, yet Coach Strickland seems to be the lone exception.)

What about Coach Strickland justifies this level of protection by the university? Title IX? Not exactly. That in all likelihood would save the women's soccer program at App State, but not the coach. Something else is "in play" here.

Several questions. How do you know the head coach "ditched" the two assistants on staff? No one has mentioned that the head coaches husband being a long time Athletic Trainer within the athletic department. But when I just looked he does not appear in the staff directory any longer, but a quick google search turns up him in the athletic training education program and lists the following: Jimmy Strickland, MS, LAT, ATC; AppOrtho

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:38 pm

:shock:
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:21 pm

What does that emoji face mean in response to my post?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:59 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:21 pm
What does that emoji face mean in response to my post?
Nothing against you in any way. I posted a reply and after thinking about it over the course of 70 hours or so--and becoming aware of our team's last three outings, I simply felt that too much had already been said.

Our young ladies are 0-2-1 in their last three matches and are at .312 on the season. Continuing to fuel a dumpster fire here would not be in the best interest of the team or the program. Decisions were made by those responsible for making them. Those decisions are final for the 2020 season. So we move on. Just think of that emoji as a bucket of water on the embers.

Go Apps! Stay well and beat Ga State and Ga Stink!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”