Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SoCon Cup Points 29 Dec 2013

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

SoCon Cup Points 29 Dec 2013

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Last update of the year. I don't think it looks good for the Women Apps to get a cup this year unless we pick up the pace in WBB. The women have a lot of ground to make up against Furman. The men will be helped by wrestling.

Updated 29 Dec 2013

I am still progressing on the older Cup points spreadsheet. I have finished 1990-1991 (I am going backwards.)

We have a better per year average in football than GaSo to this point. ETSU was giving us a run for our money on a per sport average for many years. I'll post this spreadsheet in a few days. Interesting numbers and trends.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

JCline0429

Re: SoCon Cup Points 29 Dec 2013

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm

This is a sad note to be leaving the SoCon on: 4th in points per sport. Hopefully Spring sports can rescue this abysmal showing, but not holding my breath..
a.k.a JC0429

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:13 am

JCline0429 wrote:This is a sad note to be leaving the SoCon on: 4th in points per sport. Hopefully Spring sports can rescue this abysmal showing, but not holding my breath..
Before the 2013-2014 year started I wanted football to get a win over WCU and Furman (they hold the series lead.) I wanted Cross County to win the conf tourney. I still want Indoor and Outdoor track to take it all. since App has been a leader in these sports for years in the SoCon.

But what I really wanted was to have us win both Cups one last time and win with not only more points but a higher per sport average.

I might get a few of these on my wish list.

I have some hope for the men's cup to make up lost ground on points. This year having an extra sport or two will help on the men's side. Softball and Women's T&F better be on top and Furman down for any chance of the Germann Cup.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:This is a sad note to be leaving the SoCon on: 4th in points per sport. Hopefully Spring sports can rescue this abysmal showing, but not holding my breath..
Before the 2013-2014 year started I wanted football to get a win over WCU and Furman (they hold the series lead.) I wanted Cross County to win the conf tourney. I still want Indoor and Outdoor track to take it all. since App has been a leader in these sports for years in the SoCon.

But what I really wanted was to have us win both Cups one last time and win with not only more points but a higher per sport average.

I might get a few of these on my wish list.

I have some hope for the men's cup to make up lost ground on points. This year having an extra sport or two will help on the men's side. Softball and Women's T&F better be on top and Furman down for any chance of the Germann Cup.
What are the new men's sports?
a.k.a JC0429

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Nothing new, just that we offer Wrestling and Furman does not anymore. Free Points for us. Our MBB might lose a few points to Furman but our ITK should get that back and then some. Then it is up to our spring sports to pull us through on the men's side. On the women's side everyone ahead of us in points plays all 9 SoCon sports. No free points there for us.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:17 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:Nothing new, just that we offer Wrestling and Furman does not anymore. Free Points for us. Our MBB might lose a few points to Furman but our ITK should get that back and then some. Then it is up to our spring sports to pull us through on the men's side. On the women's side everyone ahead of us in points plays all 9 SoCon sports. No free points there for us.

I understood you to say "new sports." You cleared it up.
a.k.a JC0429

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”