Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MSOC entertains GaSouth 7 PM @ App Soccer Stadium

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:39 pm

The Appalachian State University men's soccer team will renew its rivalry with long-time foe Georgia Southern when both teams face-off as members of the Sun Belt Conference tonight in the High Country. Kick off is set for 7 p.m. from Appalachian Soccer Stadium.

Georgia Southern enters the match with a 5-6 overall record, including a 1-1 mark in the Sun Belt. The Apps are 4-6-3 overall and 0-1-2 in the Sun Belt. They lead the all-time series with their old SoCon foe 15-14-1. A win tonight would move the Apps up and out of the SunBelt cellar. That should give our players plenty of incentive.

Track LiveStats in the match here... http://www.appstatesports.com/liveStats ... m_id=21500
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

hapapp

Re: MSOC entertains GaSouth 7 PM @ App Soccer Stadium

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Southern up 1-0 at the half. Our guys continue to have difficulty scoring in conference play.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 pm

GaSouth 1, Apps 0 at the half

Yep; and suddenly, we can't seem to beat the Gnats in anything!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 pm

MSOC loses 1-0. Outshot GSU 17-6. Eagles had one shot on goal and it went in. Apps had 10 SOG. Apps had 11 corners to Southern's one.

DoubleA

Unread post by DoubleA » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:38 am

MSOC loses 1-0. Outshot GSU 17-6. Eagles had one shot on goal and it went in. Apps had 10 SOG. Apps had 11 corners to Southern's one.

Southern's one shot was a PK awarded on a tough call. Foul was called on our keeper just inside the box; he appeared to get at least part of the ball before making contact with the Southern player. Still, studies have shown that a team needs to score at least one goal to win. We failed to score for the seventh time this year. Ouch! It has been a rough season for these guys.

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:12 pm

DoubleA wrote:MSOC loses 1-0. Outshot GSU 17-6. Eagles had one shot on goal and it went in. Apps had 10 SOG. Apps had 11 corners to Southern's one.

Southern's one shot was a PK awarded on a tough call. Foul was called on our keeper just inside the box; he appeared to get at least part of the ball before making contact with the Southern player. Still, studies have shown that a team needs to score at least one goal to win. We failed to score for the seventh time this year. Ouch! It has been a rough season for these guys.
This game had the laziest center ref I have ever seen. He called that PK from around the center circle no where close to the play...He also missed a clear handball on GSU in the second half inside the box because he was no where near the play. Both coaches were frustrated the entire night....but on another note the guys seem to have no fire in them...they are not playing "for" their coach (in his last year of contract I believe) I feel for this team lots of pretty good players and just can't seem to put it together.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:19 pm

3rd wrote:...but on another note the guys seem to have no fire in them...they are not playing "for" their coach (in his last year of contract I believe) I feel for this team lots of pretty good players and just can't seem to put it together.
Coach Nelson has what might be termed a disappointing and mediocre 25-24-18 record in "four years" as head coach. His best year was his "interim coach" year following Coach Pendleton's death...10-5-4...playing with Coach Pendleton's recruits. Since then, it's been a mixed bag at the very best. Take away the interim year and his record is 15-19-14. That's really mediocre.

It'll likely come down to the contract's fine print. If it's as usual, the "interim" year won't count as one of his four years; meaning he probably has a year remaining on his contract.

We shall see. It's hard to imagine the offense getting better next season with the loss of Stan Broaden. On paper, nothing points to better days ahead.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”