Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Any word on a new home for field hockey?

AppfaninCAALand
School: Appalachian State

Any word on a new home for field hockey?

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:40 am

Any rumors or announcement on where the field hockey team will be playing in the future with the NorPac's demise? Independence could be rough long-term. I see only four reasonable options 1)A-10 (7 full members including Davidson, VCU, and Richmond, already has 3 affiliate FH members); 2)CAA (7 full members including JMU and W&M); 3) Big East (3 full and 3 affiliate members including Georgetown and ODU); or 4) MAC (4 full and 3 affiliate members including Longwood).

Or drop the sport and start lacrosse teams which would have more local options?

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Re: Any word on a new home for field hockey?

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 am

the field I'm unsure of but the team is welcome to stay at my home up on Howard's Knob...love me some gals in plaid field hockey skirts....groooowllllll!!!!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:32 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:the field I'm unsure of but the team is welcome to stay at my home up on Howard's Knob...love me some gals in plaid field hockey skirts....groooowllllll!!!!!!
lol Me too. And they're also very intelligent. They help our overall APR.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:Any rumors or announcement on where the field hockey team will be playing in the future with the NorPac's demise? Independence could be rough long-term. I see only four reasonable options 1)A-10 (7 full members including Davidson, VCU, and Richmond, already has 3 affiliate FH members); 2)CAA (7 full members including JMU and W&M); 3) Big East (3 full and 3 affiliate members including Georgetown and ODU); or 4) MAC (4 full and 3 affiliate members including Longwood).

Or drop the sport and start lacrosse teams which would have more local options?
Or make it a men's and women's soccer complex. Don't we still share with Parks and Rec?
Google SUX

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:41 pm

They will be a D1 Independent this upcoming season but after that, they hope to find a conference home. I hate to say it, but if they don't within two years, I can see the program be re-purposed for lacrosse and I hate lacrosse. Nothing against the ladies as they are great ambassadors to App State, but I don't want to continue sending them out on these long road trips up north with no conference title or auto-bid to play for and finish 2-12 every year.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:08 pm

T-Dog wrote:They will be a D1 Independent this upcoming season but after that, they hope to find a conference home. I hate to say it, but if they don't within two years, I can see the program be re-purposed for lacrosse and I hate lacrosse. Nothing against the ladies as they are great ambassadors to App State, but I don't want to continue sending them out on these long road trips up north with no conference title or auto-bid to play for and finish 2-12 every year.
At least when they go out it's not with an entourage of a hundred and fifty like we do with football and they help us stay in compliance with Title IX which we need for our football program to thrive.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”