Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

FH at James Madison

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

FH at James Madison

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Exhibition thank goodness. JMU won 8-0.

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.db ... =205604219" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAA is a good FH conference. ASU has continued to struggle more often than not lately.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Re: FH at James Madison

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:59 am

That's an outrageous score for FH. I have always resisted the calls for abandoning FH at ASU because of its tradition. I believe it was the first woman's sport at ASU. However, we just don't seem to be able to field competitive teams. JMU may be headed for an outstanding season but this is a club that had losing record last season. I realize the CAA is a very competitive conference but that really is an embarrassing loss.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: FH at James Madison

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34 am

hapapp wrote:That's an outrageous score for FH. I have always resisted the calls for abandoning FH at ASU because of its tradition. I believe it was the first woman's sport at ASU. However, we just don't seem to be able to field competitive teams. JMU may be headed for an outstanding season but this is a club that had losing record last season. I realize the CAA is a very competitive conference but that really is an embarrassing loss.
Well it was an exhibition. Given the past history of FH this may be what the team can be expected to do this year. It could also be that the coach was doing some things and was not concerned about the score one bit, but using the exhibition to look at specific areas.

I do think we would be better at lacrosse given the low numbers of high school FH teams in the state, versus the up and coming LAX high school teams. In the end FH has great academics and it does associate us at some level, with California and Stanford, which is not a terrible situation. I realize the connection is not going to produce anything much beyond the NorPAc, but it is a connection.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”