Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Modernized Yosef Logo Question

ASU73
School: Appalachian State

Re: Modernized Yosef Logo Question

Unread post by ASU73 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 am

No, thank you. The return, or near-return, to the REAL Yosef makes me very happy. I'm sorry that anyone would be so defensive as to think that our mountaineer is in any way a "hillbilly," when in truth he was designed to represent all of us, the pioneering, independent, courageous, and ultimately successful spirit of "yourself."

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 am

Gents..The Block A is our brand and most recognizable logo. If you saw the NFLPA game half the helmets on the National team had the block A on them. the old throwback logo is fine as a secondary and I want to keep it that way.........

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Can we agree that Appalachian State should be spelled out on the jerseys and fields instead of App State
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Gents..The Block A is our brand and most recognizable logo. If you saw the NFLPA game half the helmets on the National team had the block A on them. the old throwback logo is fine as a secondary and I want to keep it that way.........
I must have missed where somebody wanted to replace the block A. The title of the thread is "Modernized Yosef Logo Question.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:51 pm

I can read thank you. My comment was directed to the fuss/discussion about a secondary logo..quite frankly one that I could give a flip about either way. I'll wait next time to comment in the appropriate thread.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:36 pm

proasu89 wrote:
8993 wrote:I personally love your avatar logo, hotrod. I also love our current Yosef. I also love the ESPN "IN" Yosef. I think they're all viable options. I would love to see the white Block A as our primary logo, with the current Yosef being our secondary, and then have one or two other logos in the lineup that can be used throughout the year.

You have to admit, having ESPN's logo on a helmet would look pretty dang sweet:
This!
Love it. Just give him an eye and I'm totally on board with making it an alternate. I only say that because to a layman it might be tough to discern as being a face.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 pm

appgrouch wrote:Can we agree that Appalachian State should be spelled out on the jerseys and fields instead of App State
I don't think so. We've committed to the "App State" brand at this point (official athletic website et al). The front of the jersey should remain in my opinion. It's a branding thing.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:10 pm

In the 2017 season I'd love to see us do a throwback to the 2007 uniforms for one game to commemorate the Michigan win and our 3rd championship.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I can read thank you. My comment was directed to the fuss/discussion about a secondary logo..quite frankly one that I could give a flip about either way. I'll wait next time to comment in the appropriate thread.
Sorry I came across like I did but you did make it seem like those of us posting in this tread didn't realize the importance of the Block A. Sorry :)

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

appgrouch wrote:Can we agree that Appalachian State should be spelled out on the jerseys and fields instead of App State
I actually think a good option for replacing the current end zone design would be to have a black background (of course) with block "APPSTATE" - APP in yellow, STATE in white. As much as people complain about not having black end zones, to me it's the current font and stacked words that look worse. But "Appalachian State" is too long to put in block letters in the end zone.

Could go "Appalachian" in one end zone and "Mountaineers" in the other, but I don't think we should just go back to the exact same look we had previously, as I think that's a little dated now.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:44 pm

As Gonzo mentioned, that ship has sailed. The primary mark was decreed to be App State by the athletic department approx. two years ago when the web site was changed from GoASU to AppStateSports. It was part of the run-up to admission to the Sun Belt. Arkansas State already had dibs on ASU; so it was deemed and decreed that we shall forever be App State. I think Appalachian State can still be used if it fits on the uni to the approval of the AD or his rep.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:49 pm

asu66 wrote:
As Gonzo mentioned, that ship has sailed. The primary mark was decreed to be App State by the athletic department approx. two years ago when the web site was changed from GoASU to AppStateSports. It was part of the run-up to admission to the Sun Belt. Arkansas State already had dibs on ASU; so it was deemed and decreed that we shall forever be App State. I think Appalachian State can still be used if it fits on the uni to the approval of the AD or his rep.
I must be missing something here - are we talking about football jerseys? Those still say Appalachian State on the front, do they not? (Though I had to look it up, as the team name on football jerseys isn't very memorable to me in most cases.)

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:55 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
asu66 wrote:
I must be missing something here - are we talking about football jerseys? Those still say Appalachian State on the front, do they not? (Though I had to look it up, as the team name on football jerseys isn't very memorable to me in most cases.)

Yes, some do! Not certain about all.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 pm

FB and men's Basketball jerseys say Appalachian State. Women's BB jerseys go with App State.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Gonzo wrote:
I don't think so. We've committed to the "App State" brand at this point (official athletic website et al). The front of the jersey should remain in my opinion. It's a branding thing.
It actually does say "Appalachian State" on the front of the jerseys in tiny little font and in the end zones as well.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Laney tried to brand "Appalachian Mountaineers" and it didn't catch on.

It's funny that the best version of modernizing Corn Cob Pipe Yosef came from an ESPN CFB Playoff promo picture.

And FYI, I don't want CCP Yosef to replace the Block A as the primary logo.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:17 pm

They probably went with App State so it would cut down on the amount of "Appalaychun" mispronounciations which gets on all of our nerves. Lol.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:They probably went with App State so it would cut down on the amount of "Appalaychun" mispronounciations which gets on all of our nerves. Lol.
Additionally, AppState removes the "ASU" abbreviation and replaces it with Simply "APP"

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:39 pm

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:53 pm

I give that one a definite NO!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”