Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Announcement?

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Announcement?

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

All I can think of is an appearance by Big Bird

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:09 am

What are the thoughts on the helmet? Black A on a gold helmet, or maybe a gold A on the matte black?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 am

Unless they hand out free t shirts it won't be a true Gold Out. Also, given the opponent there will probably be a lot of aluminum showing by the start of the 2nd quarter. I wish they would have picked a different game and not one where the focus should be on honoring the 2007 team. Marketing has never been our athletic department's strong point.

We need to stick with one thing and build on it. I don't even know what tradition at App State looks like anymore.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:Unless they hand out free t shirts it won't be a true Gold Out. Also, given the opponent there will probably be a lot of aluminum showing by the start of the 2nd quarter. I wish they would have picked a different game and not one where the focus should be on honoring the 2007 team. Marketing has never been our athletic department's strong point.

We need to stick with one thing and build on it. I don't even know what tradition at App State looks like anymore.

There will be a lot of aluminum showing at the opening kickoff. And I agree with picking a different game. For that matter, I think they should have picked a different game to honor '07.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 am

EastHallApp wrote:There will be a lot of aluminum showing at the opening kickoff.
Not after we beat UGA. :D

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:23 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:Unless they hand out free t shirts it won't be a true Gold Out. Also, given the opponent there will probably be a lot of aluminum showing by the start of the 2nd quarter. I wish they would have picked a different game and not one where the focus should be on honoring the 2007 team. Marketing has never been our athletic department's strong point.

It very much looks like tradition is no longer relevant. I guess that's OK if it is what everyone wants. Not to my liking but I don't get a vote. As far as marketing that has always been a mystery to me. We have a great business school and less than stellar marketing. Is there no communication between departments at all? Lastly the only "out" that has a remote chance of working is a Black out cuz that is who we are.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:40 am

There seems to be tradition at many of the big schools. Alabama, Penn State, USC (both), FSU, etc don't seem to do any (if any) alternate uniforms. Many of them probably don't depend on piped in music.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am

I didn't think the white out would work, but I was impressed at how good it looked and how well our fan base followed it. Even then, I'm definitely still wearing black for this one.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm

I am no fan of the recent alternate uni trends, but if it excites the folks that matter so be it. It's a trend, not a tradition. Our tradition is winning.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 am

I was not excited about the "white out" last year, but I can't call it a failure. I was actually surprised at the participation that we had, and yes....although I wasn't happy about it, I did participate by wearing a white shirt. I'll participate in this one also, but I wish they'd stick with the black.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 am

EastHallApp wrote:

There will be a lot of aluminum showing at the opening kickoff. And I agree with picking a different game. For that matter, I think they should have picked a different game to honor '07.
I get what you're saying but don't you think that they picked that game to honor the '07 team because it's our weakest opponent coming to Boone with not even conference implications? So the game is not going to draw people up there (except for the hard-core) so add something big for the fans to enjoy and be a part of. It's an experience that they're selling/marketing. There are only 6 Saturdays to work with and they want to maximize not just the attendance level but also the quality of the experience, it'll actually be perfect if we pull off the upset at UGA. So to me, it makes sense...

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:18 am

I've decided as long as we don't start wearing purple red or blue I really don't care. That's my major announcement!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 am

Rick83 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

I get what you're saying but don't you think that they picked that game to honor the '07 team because it's our weakest opponent coming to Boone with not even conference implications? So the game is not going to draw people up there (except for the hard-core) so add something big for the fans to enjoy and be a part of. It's an experience that they're selling/marketing. There are only 6 Saturdays to work with and they want to maximize not just the attendance level but also the quality of the experience, it'll actually be perfect if we pull off the upset at UGA. So to me, it makes sense...
What's the experience though? We've seen the all yellow uniform look at home before. I doubt they will be handing out free shirts so you have to buy one. Sounds like a normal football Saturday in Boone to me.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 am

It's not about having more fun, it's about getting people to spend more money..... I find it stupid but much if today is stupid. I just enjoy the game and pray for the day when someone realizes App State already has great traditions to get behind. New is not always better.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:24 pm

If they would lower Yosef Pledges for parking passes and efficiently organize in consistent strategic locations Yosef Club Raffle tickets for large CASH prizes to be announced in each quarter of game with stipulation you have to personally be present to receive prize more butts would be in the seats! WITH 4th QUARTER GRANTING THE LARGEST PRIZE!

The cheaper the investment for season ticket holders the greater the likelihood of giving away pass and tickets to folks when can't attend when demand is down ......We ain't Alabama......but we need good marketing sense to move in the right direction and enhance the tradition of putting butts in the seats.....it's a mistake to draw conclusions based on a great year when your building a fan base and football tradition.
KICK ASS!!!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:

If they would lower Yosef Pledges for parking passes and efficiently organize in consistent strategic locations Yosef Club Raffle tickets for large CASH prizes to be announced in each quarter of game with stipulation you have to personally be present to receive prize more butts would be in the seats! WITH 4th QUARTER GRANTING THE LARGEST PRIZE!

The cheaper the investment for season ticket holders the greater the likelihood of giving away pass and tickets to folks when can't attend when demand is down ......We ain't Alabama......but we need good marketing sense to move in the right direction and enhance the tradition of putting but in the seats.....it's a mistake to draw conclusions based on a great year when your building a fan base and football tradition.
Been done before with fantastic results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj-BaSYdQsc

;)

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:47 pm

LOL....GreatAppSt.....thanks for posting...... however I don't agree with that methodology but I know you would agree to that.
KICK ASS!!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

What's the experience though? We've seen the all yellow uniform look at home before. I doubt they will be handing out free shirts so you have to buy one. Sounds like a normal football Saturday in Boone to me.
The added experience I was referring to was honoring the '07 team at that first game...not the "Gold Out"...although I don't really have a problem with even that except that they "over-teased" the importance of the announcement and also that they should have called it the "Gold Rush" instead. I wouldn't miss the day of honoring that '07 team even if we were playing Wautaga High School JV team. There's not much I can find to criticize our current athletic department for...they are doing a helluva job up there IMO.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 pm

The big issue here was the Tweet saying "big announcement." On Facebook, where no pre-announcement was made, the reaction to the Gold Out was all positive.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Rick83 wrote:
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

The added experience I was referring to was honoring the '07 team at that first game...not the "Gold Out"...although I don't really have a problem with even that except that they "over-teased" the importance of the announcement and also that they should have called it the "Gold Rush" instead. I wouldn't miss the day of honoring that '07 team even if we were playing Wautaga High School JV team. There's not much I can find to criticize our current athletic department for...they are doing a helluva job up there IMO.
I'll be there and I look forward to it also. But how many people who otherwise wouldn't come will do so because of that ceremony? I doubt many. I'd rather them do it during a big game when the atmosphere will be live already. Can you imagine what it would be like to bring that team out at halftime vs. Wake, or on national TV vs. GS?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”