Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

WED UPDATE** APP STATE / GA SO WX TRENDS / WXAPP RANT

WXAPP
School: Appalachian State

WED UPDATE** APP STATE / GA SO WX TRENDS / WXAPP RANT

Unread post by WXAPP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm

***UPDATE***

A few tweaks for the game forecast:

Cloud won't be as quick depart than earlier expectations. But, I do anticipate a clearing sky as the game unfolds. Also, of note, winds will be picking up during the second half of the game Wind gusts near 20-25 MPH possible. Thus, windchill for later in the game could be in the upper 20s. GaSo boys, welcome to Boone!

I don't see rain / drizzle as an issue beyond mid afternoon. But, bring the warmth and some "anti-freeze"... this will be a cold game.

GO MOUNTAINEERS!
-WXAPP
---------------

If you like cold weather for football, this game will have all of the good stuff. Pack the cold weather gear and wander up the mountain. I'll be there and I hope, if family and job on a Thursday night will allow, that you'll make the trip as well.

---------------
Clearing sky and colder.

3 PM: P.Cloudy - Upper 40s

5 PM: P.Cloudy - Mid 40s

KICKOFF: P.Cloudy - Low 40s

HALFTIME: Mostly clear - Upper 30s

END OF GAME:
Mostly clear - Mid 30s.
----------------

A RANT:
Mountaineer fans are generally loyal and devoted, and it's my sincere hope, that we all hold true with that. Ask any FB player at UNC what it's like seeing a fan base abandon their season (and their Kenan seats) in hopes of greener pastures and a controlled climate, for wine & cheese, over at the Dean Dome. From my personal UNC FB family experience, the 80s, I can tell you it sucks, it's demoralizing and frustrating. When you need your fan base the most, POOF... like some sort of mindless channel flip; gone.

Our student athletes deserve solid support from our fans. These young titans of the turf, just don't waltz into hours of academics, study halls, practice / training, limited social opportunities, and no chance for having a job, just to be treated as some sort of "throw away" because of bumps, and a few losses along the pigskin road. Fans in seats, words of support and gestures of sincere "we've got your back" mean something to players, coaches, support staff and their families when the season takes a turn.

More so than any, Appalachian State is family. We just don't abandon family. If you don't understand this, please transfer or turn in your season tickets. As Mountaineers, we support family and, as much as possible, we put our butts in the seats for games. We show the deepest and sincerest of support when the chips are down for our team. MOUNTAINEERS should set THE standards by which other fan bases should seek to emulate. Our student section ROCKS!

I am Mountaineer PROUD! Until the day I die, no matter the adversity our teams may have, I will depart this mortal coil as proud of being a Mountaineer as the first day I put my foot on campus as a student!

So, I ask, what are you made of? Light blue and white, or Black (by God) & GOLD!

Rant over...

-WXAPP
Last edited by WXAPP on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twitter: @wxcrum

NoLongerLurking

Re: APP STATE / GA SO WX TRENDS / WXAPP RANT

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:38 pm

I hope the score erases the memories of any "miserable" weather. I'd rather beat southern at 30 degrees than lose by 2 to (insert any team) at 70 and sunny.

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Regardless of how bad GaSo is this year.. it's still GaSo... and the Stink. I hope we put it to them. They'd sure as hell do the same if given the chance. Can't wait to be in the stands!

BlueCreekAppFan

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Well said .... and thank you for the weather forecast for what should be a great game.... Cool to cold weather....night time....national tv, and hopefully an old fashioned beat down. Let's go Apps!

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Sounds like some sippin' weather. Lets all be loud and proud Thursday night!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks Jeff! Go Apps!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:34 pm

kickass143 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:43 pm
Sounds like some sippin' weather. Lets all be loud and proud Thursday night!
Drambuie

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Can’t we get a vote to add some snow?

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

LOL.. no snow.. but damn... that sure would be fitting!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:38 pm
I hope the score erases the memories of any "miserable" weather. I'd rather beat southern at 30 degrees than lose by 2 to (insert any team) at 70 and sunny.
Miserable? I don't think so. Sounds like PERFECT football weather ... especially when GaSo is coming to town on national TV. Whooo-weee!!!!

I am surprised no one has yet recalled the first time GaSo came to Boone. I was not at this game, but I know folks who were. I think it was mid-1980s. Weather was in the low 20s, snowing heavily & the legendary GaSo Coach Erk Russell came out of the locker room for the first half in shorts.

This was the day of the Power-I and 3 yds & a cloud of dust. ASU students thought it would be fitting (and it was) to send Erk a message. So, they wrote it in the snow on the grassy end. The message: "Will they score?"

Well, Erk changed clothes at halftime, and I think this is the game where he brought Eagle Creek water up her to pollute our groundwater (not sure this was that game).

Final Score: App 19 - GaSo 0. And thus it began!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 am

I have never seen a team beaten before the game even started more so than GA State a couple of years ago when it was really cold and the snow was blowing --- their offense would come on the field run 3 plays without huddling and then sprint to the sideline to get in front of the heaters ---
:o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:41 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 am
I have never seen a team beaten before the game even started more so than GA State a couple of years ago when it was really cold and the snow was blowing --- their offense would come on the field run 3 plays without huddling and then sprint to the sideline to get in front of the heaters ---
Yep. I remember that. You are exactly right. They did NOT want to be in Boone that day.

And, that may have been the game that I must embarassingly admit that I left early (that is rare for me; it's happened maybe twice in 25 years). As I recall, the sleet was blowing straight back in my face the entire time. Seats on West Side. If the wind had turned only slightly it would not have been a problem. And, I was prepared for the weather. But, sleet in the face was a new one.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:38 pm
Miserable? I don't think so. Sounds like PERFECT football weather ... especially when GaSo is coming to town on national TV. Whooo-weee!!!!

I am surprised no one has yet recalled the first time GaSo came to Boone. I was not at this game, but I know folks who were. I think it was mid-1980s. Weather was in the low 20s, snowing heavily & the legendary GaSo Coach Erk Russell came out of the locker room for the first half in shorts.

This was the day of the Power-I and 3 yds & a cloud of dust. ASU students thought it would be fitting (and it was) to send Erk a message. So, they wrote it in the snow on the grassy end. The message: "Will they score?"

Well, Erk changed clothes at halftime, and I think this is the game where he brought Eagle Creek water up her to pollute our groundwater (not sure this was that game).

Final Score: App 19 - GaSo 0. And thus it began!
I was at that game in 1987 (I think). It was so cold that you could almost hear our lb's breaking their running backs with hits in the backfield. :o

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:41 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Yep. I remember that. You are exactly right. They did NOT want to be in Boone that day.

And, that may have been the game that I must embarassingly admit that I left early (that is rare for me; it's happened maybe twice in 25 years). As I recall, the sleet was blowing straight back in my face the entire time. Seats on West Side. If the wind had turned only slightly it would not have been a problem. And, I was prepared for the weather. But, sleet in the face was a new one.
I had wife and in-laws with me, they only made it to halftime due to the sleet/wind combo.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 am

I was at the game also and believe the temp was single digits. Don’t remember the sleet but do remember the good time we had.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
And they called time-outs to ice the kicker so we faked the field goal try and run in for a TD at the half, or am I remembering yet another game.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:59 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:58 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
And they called time-outs to ice the kicker so we faked the field goal try and run in for a TD at the half, or am I remembering yet another game.
That's the game. I sat on West side in 1st half and East side with friends in 2nd half. Wind was in my face regardless of where I was.

WXAPP

Re: WED UPDATE** APP STATE / GA SO WX TRENDS / WXAPP RANT

Unread post by WXAPP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 pm

***Update forecast thoughts at the top of the thread....

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:22 pm

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:59 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:58 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
That's the game. I sat on West side in 1st half and East side with friends in 2nd half. Wind was in my face regardless of where I was.
Maybe the source of wind is the center of the field at KBS. Hmmm.

OK, back to work.

biggie
Site Admin

Re: WED UPDATE** APP STATE / GA SO WX TRENDS / WXAPP RANT

Unread post by biggie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm

WXAPP wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 pm
***Update forecast thoughts at the top of the thread....
Boo, still no snow. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”