Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

North End Zone Project Gets Green Light

CornCobPipes
School: Appalachian State

Re: North End Zone Project Gets Green Light

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am

How soon or when could we expect to see detailed final renderings or models of the finished product from multiple views?

When we had our last expansion we were given the virtual video that was fairly accurate presentation of what we were getting.

The primary question I wanted answered is how are the North End Zone expansion plans (more specifically seating/ stands) being designed in relation to enclosing the sidelines to field. The concept most have considered is building new lower deck on East side and shifting football field closer to West side. With this in mind I am curious to the symmetry planned with the new end zone project and enclosure plans.
KICK ASS!!!

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 am
How soon or when could we expect to see detailed final renderings or models of the finished product from multiple views?

When we had our last expansion we were given the virtual video that was fairly accurate presentation of what we were getting.

The primary question I wanted answered is how are the North End Zone expansion plans (more specifically seating/ stands) being designed in relation to enclosing the sidelines to field. The concept most have considered is building new lower deck on East side and shifting football field closer to West side. With this in mind I am curious to the symmetry planned with the new end zone project and enclosure plans.
They were still taking core samples at the end of last week, so "final" won't be for a while. That and most of the renderings I have seen on projects as of late have had issues with scale so objects in video may be roomyer than they will in real life. Fly throughs don't look as impressive if you are bumping into walls.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 am
Is there a rendering or drawing of the new North End Zone plan that I can access?

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04 pm
Boonegoon wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 am
Is there a rendering or drawing of the new North End Zone plan that I can access?
Yep, that's it! Thanks, it's been a while since I've been to the Rock.... :lol:

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Any idea what will happen with the visitor locker room, if they take owens down this year, have a couple years without it?

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 pm

How about swapping end zones. Put the new construction in the South end zone and move the grass bank (closer in )to the North. Just thinking outside the box.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 pm

App91 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm
Any idea what will happen with the visitor locker room, if they take owens down this year, have a couple years without it?
They could use the woods behind the grass hill.

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm

More seats in the south end has my vote as well. Love tailgating in the stadium lot with glimpses of the scoreboard and being close to the action. Leave the north side as open as possible & put a couple of double deckers on either side of the new Jumbotron with club seating. Great views of Howard's Knob & surroundings not blocked by new buildings/dorms.

Lot of season left in 2017...GO APP!

tigersef

Unread post by tigersef » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:13 am

Retaining the south end zone with a regraded hill (once the track is removed) is important to providing a seating area for families who want to enjoy this area while maintaining a natural edge of the stadium abutting the forested hillside. This is a unique feature in KBS and should be preserved.

The previously released renderings of the north endzone looked great, but the one thing they were missing is seating below the new club area extending down to the field level. Providing a continuous seating bowl below the concourse level on the north, east and west sides of the stadium will maintain an electric atmosphere and help avoid a “dead zone” that some end zone buildings create in college stadiums.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 am

I'll be interested to see if the project is centered on the field from sideline to sideline.

Let's get real, if the track goes away there will be a lot of empty space between the east/west stands and the feild. If it offset towards the "app side then I would assume the "state side will be demolished in the future and rebuilt. closer. If it's centered then there is is gonna be a lot of green between you and the field because we all know lowering the field is impossible.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am

Wide sidelines would be my guess. Considering how much we just spent to install the scoreboard, moving either side inward would render the score board off center and off symmetry. That's not happening. It's either go the extremely difficult route of blasting bedrock and rerouting a creek at high cost or having wide sidelines.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am
Wide sidelines would be my guess. Considering how much we just spent to install the scoreboard, moving either side inward would render the score board off center and off symmetry. That's not happening. It's either go the extremely difficult route of blasting bedrock and rerouting a creek at high cost or having wide sidelines.
That would be a pretty easy fix. Simply add another support column in either direction and expand the board in that direction, and voila, back to being centered. I mean, it's going to need to be expanded in 5 years or less anyways...nature of the beast. I'm already tired of hearing about how much "more massive" Troy's new board is going to be.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am
That would be a pretty easy fix. Simply add another support column in either direction and expand the board in that direction, and voila, back to being centered. I mean, it's going to need to be expanded in 5 years or less anyways...nature of the beast. I'm already tired of hearing about how much "more massive" Troy's new board is going to be.
They can have the bigger board, I'd rather have the better endzone facility. Theirs looks like a cheap Monticello knock-off.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:49 am

Lower stands rebuilt (they need it) and moved in 4 lanes (half the track).
Bank moved to inside radius of Track.

Best pic I could find for a quick and dirty mock up.

That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 am

blackbox.jpeg
blackbox.jpeg (6.42 KiB) Viewed 4898 times

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 am

I'd like to keep our locker room in the tower and devote as little space as possible to the visitor locker room in the north endzone complex.

Seems silly to not continue utilizing the great locker room we already have.

Is it me or is the video board slightly more towards the west side in that overview picture?

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

They are not moving any stands according to the YC person I met with last week. That would cost way to much money. The track is coming out and there will just be extended sidelines with turf. He did say they may play around with some ways to make use of the new space. One thing he mentioned might be a poor man's version of field "suites" like at Jerry's World. Im sure this would be more akin to renting tailgate tent areas actually on the field. I think Texas A&M or someone may do this.

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 am

If yall will look at other large stadiums the space between the stands and sidelines is about what ours will be without the track. UGA and hedges etc. Just need to get endzone seating closer to field which will be possible w/o track.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am

We should plant and maintain dwarf firs!!!! Touchdown Santa will love that!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 am

MtnMan09 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am
They are not moving any stands according to the YC person I met with last week. That would cost way to much money. The track is coming out and there will just be extended sidelines with turf. He did say they may play around with some ways to make use of the new space. One thing he mentioned might be a poor man's version of field "suites" like at Jerry's World. Im sure this would be more akin to renting tailgate tent areas actually on the field. I think Texas A&M or someone may do this.
This is a good idea. I've thought they should do some kind of on field seating ever since the Miami game where they had standing room tickets behind the south endzone. Pretty easy to do, and an easy source of revenue via another type of "premium" seating. Hopefully if they do it, they'll make it look professional. Not sure if anyone noticed but it looked like Louisiana-Monroe had something like this behind one of their endzones, but it looked really cheap as it was a bunch of fold out tables set up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”