Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Richardson selling ownership stake in Panthers

T-Dog

Richardson selling ownership stake in Panthers

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Just announced. Heck of a day of the Queen City.

According to past reports, I believe Richardson has 48 percent of an ownership stake with a dozen-or-so owners having minority stakes, including Erskine Bowles.

I feel like Richardson will sell to someone with the deal stating the team will remain in Charlotte.

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Richardson selling ownership stake in Panthers

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Wow....just wow. Ive met Jerry on many occasions and Im shocked. I thought he was better than this.Well if they sell and move I can afford some club seats in Boone.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 am

It's been the plan for years.This event taints it.He is still one helluva man , flawed in some ways like the rest of us.I just hope they ditch Wofford for Boone...

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:16 am

Great news if you are a Panther fan, but my real dream is for Snyder to sell the Redskins.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:17 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 pm
Wow....just wow. Ive met Jerry on many occasions and Im shocked. I thought he was better than this.Well if they sell and move I can afford some club seats in Boone.
Where would they go? Is there a bigger TV market without NFL AND a history of supporting the team with attendance. I don't follow the Panthers that closely but they seem in a location that supports the team and even if there are better places to be I don't see those locations needing a(nother) NFL team.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 am

Jerry has done a lot for the Carolina's. I will always be grateful for him making it his mission to bring the NFL to us. He's human and flawed just like anyone else. I can accept this. What I can't accept is his hypocrisy.

Look at the percona he has created for himself and his organization, and how they conducted business over the past 25 years. You will be removed from BofA if you take your shirt off. Removed if you hold up a sign. Cam Newton is in violation of his contract if he gets tattoos or piercings.

Jerry wanted a franchise that reflects class, and that was his right. That will no longer be his legacy. His legacy will be that of a hypocritical man that did not practice what he preached.

The Panthers are not moving. Charlotte is one of the fastest growth markets in the county. NC is now the 9th most populated state, likely reaching 7th over the next decade. While i'm disappointed in Jerry, i'm also excited about seeing some fresh faces at BofA. This was inevitable, and could be a good change for the franchise long term.

Thank you Jerry for what you've done for the Carolina's, and I hope you can find peace moving forward.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:18 am

UNCC has a new crisis...stadium named after Jerry!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 am

Boone Goon wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:18 am
I didnt even think about that.............poor fools cant catch a break.............

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 am
Boone Goon wrote:
I didnt even think about that.............poor fools cant catch a break.............
Jerry gives a lot of money to a lot of organizations and charities. Could become problematic.

I hate to convict him without more due process, but as much as he's done for others, I don't hear voices going to bat for him today.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 am

Down goes the statue.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am

I agree that the team moving cities is highly unlikely, but even a molecule of chance makes me nervous. I grew up with this team (I was 5 in '94). I've spent far more money, time, and emotional investment on the Carolina Panthers than any other sports team including my beloved 'Neers. If the Panthers leave Charlotte it would be like losing a close family member.

The bigger risk to me is the wrong person buying the team, keeping us in Charlotte, but being a shitty owner. Example: some idiot *cough cough P Diddy Cough* who might, say, get the name of team wrong and pledge to add a controversial QB to the roster to "compete" with an NFL MVP when announcing his interest. No thanks, bro.

I hope the Bruton Smith or his kids buy the team. I fear MJ would hold us back like he does the Hornets.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 am
Down goes the statue.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am
I agree that the team moving cities is highly unlikely, but even a molecule of chance makes me nervous. I grew up with this team (I was 5 in '94). I've spent far more money, time, and emotional investment on the Carolina Panthers than any other sports team including my beloved 'Neers. If the Panthers leave Charlotte it would be like losing a close family member.

The bigger risk to me is the wrong person buying the team, keeping us in Charlotte, but being a shitty owner. Example: some idiot *cough cough P Diddy Cough* who might, say, get the name of team wrong and pledge to add a controversial QB to the roster to "compete" with an NFL MVP when announcing his interest. No thanks, bro.

I hope the Bruton Smith or his kids buy the team. I fear MJ would hold us back like he does the Hornets.
Valid concerns. Diddy has zero chance.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:43 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am

Valid concerns. Diddy has zero chance.

P Didy is about $120 M short.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:45 pm

As far as I remember Rick Hendrick is a minority owner. He, Jack Roush, Bruton Smith, Steph Curry, or even Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr....big Redskins fan..... might could team up to make a purchase. All of them know and understand big time sports in the Carolinas. MJ is too busy trying to make the Hornets work.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 am
Boone Goon wrote:
Wofford's new basketball arena is named after him as well.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm

PLEASE do not take this thread where it could go when I post this but since it's showing up on a lot of pages I'm just putting it here. Just not a possibility with this group but it sure muddies the waters just having these names involved and opens a lot of doors that could lead to a bunch of issues. Hopefully, as other have stated, a different group with full ties to NC and Charlotte (excluding Steph's connections as we all know he has them) will come forward.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaeperni ... 09134.html

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Question: It is my understanding that Richardson is the majority owner at I believe 48% of the team and that there are 12 other owners. Are all shares up for sale or just Richardson's?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 pm

They should split his shares and sell them separately and make one of the existing owners the majority owner. Not sure if they can do it, but they should.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 pm

firemoose wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm
PLEASE do not take this thread where it could go when I post this but since it's showing up on a lot of pages I'm just putting it here. Just not a possibility with this group but it sure muddies the waters just having these names involved and opens a lot of doors that could lead to a bunch of issues. Hopefully, as other have stated, a different group with full ties to NC and Charlotte (excluding Steph's connections as we all know he has them) will come forward.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaeperni ... 09134.html
I would guess the most likely scenario is one or more of the existing owners buying the shares. There is a great opportunity for a racial minority owner(s) to get in the mix, but it ain't going to be Diddy. I don't know what Kaepernick's angle is because he does not have that kind of balance sheet.

The most important thing is they stay in Charlotte, no matter the owner.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”