Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game

Rocket_Fanatic
School: Toledo

Game

Unread post by Rocket_Fanatic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Apparently our coaches and players got really drunk last night...

More like you guys have our number...

Never ever play us again

SalemApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Game

Unread post by SalemApp » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Aw come on, you love us. All of OHIO loves us.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Flu now drunk ok! You guys ran into a buzz saw more like it!

Rocket_Fanatic

Unread post by Rocket_Fanatic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:46 pm

We got spanked tonight. I guess we were satisfied with an 11 win season.

Never want to see you guys again...

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Maybe if you had spent more time preparing for the game and less time being offended about the bowl game/competition you were assigned, you wouldn’t have been embarrassed

Rocket_Fanatic

Unread post by Rocket_Fanatic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:53 pm

The Rock wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm
Maybe if you had spent more time preparing for the game and less time being offended about the bowl game/competition you were assigned, you wouldn’t have been embarrassed
I agree. It’s clear the players and coaches didn’t care about this game. We thought we deserved better and so...in the end...got exactly what we deserved...an ass whuppin...

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Rocket_Fanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:12 pm
Apparently our coaches and players got really drunk last night...

More like you guys have our number...

Never ever play us again
Last night? It looks like they got drunk at the pre-game meal.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Rocket_Fanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:53 pm
The Rock wrote:
I agree. It’s clear the players and coaches didn’t care about this game. We thought we deserved better and so...in the end...got exactly what we deserved...an ass whuppin...
Look here dude...getting tired of reading that drivel on your board as being the explanation for this *ss whoopin...
We put you on the mat early and your team couldn’t get up! Your QB shrinks under pressure, slides 2 yds short of the 1st down line, has thrown horrible int’s...

We are just totally out playing your team and out coaching your coaches! Give credit where credit is due.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:10 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm
Rocket_Fanatic wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Look here dude...getting tired of reading that drivel on your board as being the explanation for this *ss whoopin...
We put you on the mat early and your team couldn’t get up! Your QB shrinks under pressure, slides 2 yds short of the 1st down line, has thrown horrible int’s...

We are just totally out playing your team and out coaching your coaches! Give credit where credit is due.
That'd require some sort of acknowledgement that G5 can provide a challenge to their team, in a bowl, without some excuse for poor coaching and playing.

A 6-6 FSU would have done the same thing App just did.

Rocket_Fanatic

Unread post by Rocket_Fanatic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:25 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Rocket_Fanatic wrote:
The Rock wrote:

I did give credit. You guys kicked our ass. We were outplayed and out coached. Congrats and that’ll be my last post here so good luck next season. Met some nice App St fans over the weekend. Before the game, some of us wanted a trip to Boone. Now, I never want to see you guys in football again

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Rocket_Fanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:25 pm
APPRIDE wrote:
Rocket_Fanatic wrote:
The Rock wrote:

I did give credit. You guys kicked our ass. We were outplayed and out coached. Congrats and that’ll be my last post here so good luck next season. Met some nice App St fans over the weekend. Before the game, some of us wanted a trip to Boone. Now, I never want to see you guys in football again
I think I will label this quote as “who’s your daddy??”

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:39 pm

MAC champ <= SB champ. You guys should have been thrilled to get another shot at us especially in a down year for App.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:46 pm

So who will the MAC play if they no longer want to play Sun Belt in bowls?
App should have played Troy in Dollar General. SB vs SB would have been a worthy match up since MAC has quit on us

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:07 am

Let's be honest - Toledo sucked tonight. Their fans should be mad at how they played.

That said, App was very good and I don't care a bit whether the opponent helped us out a little. It was a beat down any way you slice it.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:36 am

We only scored 3 tds in 7 red zone trips. It could have been much worse.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:40 am

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that we could have easily won 42-0 or worse.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:37 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:07 am
Let's be honest - Toledo sucked tonight. Their fans should be mad at how they played.

That said, App was very good and I don't care a bit whether the opponent helped us out a little. It was a beat down any way you slice it.
Sounds like you accept their we didn't care excuse? Maybe I'm being a homer but to me it looked like our D was just giving them fits. There were a couple drops but really not any more we had. I agree we looked like a team on mission and they looked lost. But I think their badness had more to do with our attack mentality than apathy. We just would not let them get in a grove. They shit themselves enough times to help out also. I'm not sure I've seen us that aggressive all year. Offense the running game was working. When the field shortened up they did a little better. Overall I agree beat down. I think we looked better than we have all year.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:46 am

I was at the stadium last night and we were the faster, more physical team. Everyone played well but the DL stuffed the run and kept constant pressure on Woodside!!! I think some of his errant throws were due to the pounding he was taking. Great coverage from the secondary!!! Our OL dominated the Toledo's DL except for 3rd & short!!! What an overall team effort and a great win!!! Also want to acknowledge our fans! We were loud and stood for just about the whole game!!! Surprised with the good attendance!!! This was a memorable experience!!! Merry Christmas App Nation!!! Let's get those Nittany Lions!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:34 am

appbio91 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:37 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:07 am

Sounds like you accept their we didn't care excuse? Maybe I'm being a homer but to me it looked like our D was just giving them fits. There were a couple drops but really not any more we had. I agree we looked like a team on mission and they looked lost. But I think their badness had more to do with our attack mentality than apathy. We just would not let them get in a grove. They shit themselves enough times to help out also. I'm not sure I've seen us that aggressive all year. Offense the running game was working. When the field shortened up they did a little better. Overall I agree beat down. I think we looked better than we have all year.
We played great and showed that, if not for injuries and whatever else held us back for most of the season, this would have been an 11 or 12 win team.

I don’t ever really accept “we weren’t motivated” as an excuse, although I do think it’s a factor in bowl games sometimes. Just put yourself in their shoes and imagine App got crushed like that in a game you expected to be close. Most of us tend to be disappointed in our team for not playing to their potential then.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:42 am

Being in the stands last night it was not a fluke. Maybe the most dominant defensive performance I've seen in 20+ years considering the opponent.

Our players were in their heads. The 4th and 1 at midfield to begin the 2nd half broke their will. There was not a G5 team we couldn't have beaten last night.

The guys were chanting "goose egg" with two minutes left. They saw the comments and played with a swagger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”