Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SBC Bowl Games

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: SBC Bowl Games

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:34 pm

New Mexico State wins their Bowl, Sun Belt at 4-1, only loss Arky State.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Great bowl season for the Sun Belt!!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Gonna say it for what it's worth.....other than the American Athletic.....The SunBelt is the BEST G5!
KICK ASS!!!

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 am

CornCobPipes wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:52 pm
Gonna say it for what it's worth.....other than the American Athletic.....The SunBelt is the BEST G5!
Hard to argue against that thought.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:16 am

If the Belt wins the Capital One Cup, they'll change the rules for it. I'm sure they don't want a G5 to win it.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 am

On a related note. The state of North Carolina is 5 - 0 in bowl games. NC A&T, App, Duke, Wake, and NC State all won their bowl games. Pretty impressive.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:29 pm

Big 10 is 5-0 based on what I saw this morning. Not sure if that is still accurate or not.

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:29 pm
Big 10 is 5-0 based on what I saw this morning. Not sure if that is still accurate or not.
It is. Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan State, and Ohio State all won. Penn State and Wisconsin play today and Michigan plays on the 1st. The Sun Belt needs two of them to lose for us to win the Cup.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 pm

I don't want to depend on South Carolina to win for us to win the cup. Never depend on South Carolina to win to do anything.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:46 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 pm
I don't want to depend on South Carolina to win for us to win the cup.
Or, Arky State. :lol:

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Looks like it is up to So. Carolina and Miami. Penn State looked good. We will see what they jave next fall.

sugarapp

Unread post by sugarapp » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 pm

AppinVA wrote:
I don't want to depend on South Carolina to win for us to win the cup. Never depend on South Carolina to win to do anything.
Had to laugh-out-loud when I read this comment as this is a very true statement. I'm a two time grad at USC and I came to this realization decades ago. I finally gave up and converted to App about 20 year ago and I've been much happier. There's a spring in my step and a song in my heart when I'm at a game or even when someone just says "App State". It is a special place and I don't say that lightly.

I appreciate my degrees from USC because life has been good to me, but when it comes to athletic success "Never depend on South Carolina to win to do anything" is good advice.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:08 pm

sugarapp wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Had to laugh-out-loud when I read this comment as this is a very true statement. I'm a two time grad at USC and I came to this realization decades ago. I finally gave up and converted to App about 20 year ago and I've been much happier. There's a spring in my step and a song in my heart when I'm at a game or even when someone just says "App State". It is a special place and I don't say that lightly.

I appreciate my degrees from USC because life has been good to me, but when it comes to athletic success "Never depend on South Carolina to win to do anything" is good advice.
I stand corrected. Good win for the Gamecocks.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm

This might sound a bit negative but I hate to see fans who abandon their alma maters. This is a shame. I know a certain App State grad who went all 4 years @ ASU and all he freaking talks about is Duke athletics. You go to his damn FB page and its Duke everything. He refers to Duke as "we" as if he is a part of it. I even asked him long ago if App and Duke were to play each other who would he pull for and he said "lets just hope they dont play each other". I wanted to punch him. I was a senior at App when he was a Freshman and I remember if we had a home game on the same day duke had a home game...he would travel to Durham to watch duke play. Makes me sick. I grew up an NCSU fan but when I took loans out to attend App..that was it. App State is my team in every sport and the only team I actually have an emotional investment in. I do have a grad degree from NCSU and want them to do well...but it does not eff up my day to see them lose.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Your friend is a sorry punk a** b***h in my book. To hell with him and all those like him. If you spend time at App and don't bleed black and gold, then I have no time for you.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:40 pm

It's a compensation thing for your insecure friend. " He is dead to me".....

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 pm

ncman071 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm
This might sound a bit negative but I hate to see fans who abandon their alma maters. This is a shame. I know a certain App State grad who went all 4 years @ ASU and all he freaking talks about is Duke athletics. You go to his damn FB page and its Duke everything. He refers to Duke as "we" as if he is a part of it. I even asked him long ago if App and Duke were to play each other who would he pull for and he said "lets just hope they dont play each other". I wanted to punch him. I was a senior at App when he was a Freshman and I remember if we had a home game on the same day duke had a home game...he would travel to Durham to watch duke play. Makes me sick. I grew up an NCSU fan but when I took loans out to attend App..that was it. App State is my team in every sport and the only team I actually have an emotional investment in. I do have a grad degree from NCSU and want them to do well...but it does not eff up my day to see them lose.
I actually had to sneak into Cameron to watch our game last season.

Sitting way up in one of the corners there was this kid sitting in front of us completely decked out in Duke blue. He'd jump up and down, fist pump and kick, anything when Duke scored. Later in the second half I noticed that he was reading articles about our game with Tennessee. I became intrigued and kept peeking over his shoulder only to realize that he had an App football schedule home screen and was actually an App student.

What a pathetic excuse for a Mountaineer.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm

ncman071 wrote:
The Bible speaks to your friend, and others who refuse to cut the apron strings of their youth sports teams:

1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm

ncman071 wrote:
I'm guilty of still pulling for my childhood college team. Kinda hard to fully leave when that's who ya pulled for from age 8-18 and then some.
But being an App grad, App is #1 for me. Attended every single home football game and multiple basketball games as a student. Have been part of the yosef club and season ticket holder for 6 years now. Been to all 3 bowl games. Pull hard for the Sunbelt ... except maybe Arky state.
So I think there's nothing wrong if there's another athletic program that one pulls for or supports. If you put that program ahead of your alma mater, then that's a different story.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

ncman071 wrote:
I believe there once was an “App Law” specific to this kind of shenanigans...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”