Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Quarterbacks

ASU Architect
School: Appalachian State

Re: The Quarterbacks

Unread post by ASU Architect » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Question about the qb's and all other positions. Who selects the starter's? Is the coordinators or position coaches? I assume SS selects QB1 but not sure about all of the others. Thanks.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 am

ASU Architect wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 pm
Question about the qb's and all other positions. Who selects the starter's? Is the coordinators or position coaches? I assume SS selects QB1 but not sure about all of the others. Thanks.
I wonder if anybody would ask that question at Alabama?

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am

The Rock wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:03 pm
I also think it’s probably a good idea to let brown redshirt to get used to the speed of the college game and learn our system, but not sure how we can call anyone Lamb with a better arm.
What made lamb so successful was his poise and ability to read the field and remain cool under pressure. A lot of this is probably due to being a coach’s son and having a football pedigree.
Does Thomas have that? I really don’t know. I’m sure someone knows, but I do not. I’m sure he is a solid qb and will be the starter until he loses the job or graduates, but we need to not have any expectations or pre-conceived notions on who he is/will be, or who will be like.
Let Thomas be Thomas. The coaches will make the decision if that is good enough to be App’s starting QB.
Taylor Lamb was not Armanti Edwards, but both had solid and record setting careers for us, and that should be good enough for everyone.
If Brown can help the team win now, start him. If not, don't start him. It's fairly simple. In this system, the goal is to minimize mistakes, make the easy throws, and command the offense. Brown will likely be able to add a dimension of aggression we haven't had since Armanti left however that takes time to install. More continuity with be available with Thomas which is likely what is needed given the vacuum of leadership.

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 am
ASU Architect wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 pm
I wonder if anybody would ask that question at Alabama?
To answer your question non-snarkily, the head coach can receive input on a depth chart and roster decisions, but he is the ultimate depth chart setter at the end of the day for all roster decisions.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Zac Thomas seems to be separating himself from the pack. Hope everyone gets behind him and will let him grow & develop. He is loaded with talent and has a good command of this offense. Players are responding well to his leadership.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 pm
Zac Thomas seems to be separating himself from the pack. Hope everyone gets behind him and will let him grow & develop. He is loaded with talent and has a good command of this offense. Players are responding well to his leadership.
Zac should definitely have a leg up just because of his exposure to Taylor leading this team for the last couple of seasons. I am hopeful that he makes as seamless transition as possible. Let's just be glad that we have some depth building at qb. You can get thin quick with injuries.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:05 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 pm
If Zac is the guy I am down with that. I can't wait to see him step up and take the reins. I want the best guy to lead our upcoming victory at Beaver Stadium come September. That would be the perfect time to establish the Thomas era.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm not gonna by to make any judgements or levy any criticisms at Zac based on his first game against a national power with a crowd 3x our best and a new OL. Brown gets a year and 1/2 to learn the game.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Some players feed off the big game moments and step up their game when on the big stage. Tua did pretty good when thrown in the deep end of the pool in championship game. Maybe we have a baller ready to step into the spotlight.

Hey it is the off-season and we can talk and hope for it until first game is played.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Worry about the offensive line. We seem to be in good shape at QB.

pbscotts

Unread post by pbscotts » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Need to temper the Brown expectations. Watched him play a lot in HS. Could develop into a solid QB but he’s not ready.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”