Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

unc-harrisburg football message board

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: unc-harrisburg football message board

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:02 pm

ASU84 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm
MDaniels84 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am
MDaniels84 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm
Hey, no big deal one way or the other. I just thought that it was interesting that they honestly think that they are on our level. Nuff said.

Was that in November of 05, or 06?
It poured rain the entire first half, then at halftime, a cold front came through and it dropped in the 30’s in no time?
I’ve been in some bad weather games, but that is the most miserable of all.
Nothing worse than cold soaked jeans sticking to your legs as you walk

Don't lose any sleep over it. ODU was saying the same things on their board.....,BEFORE we played them in 2015. If I recall, they got a big eye opening experience right there on their own field. Let them trash talk and then let our boys take care of business.

Here is the basic recap in a hometown newpaper prior to their trip to Boone in 2016. This is what needs to happen this fall in Charlotte to provide them with a little life learning experience.

Appalachian rolled into Foreman Field and crushed the Monarchs 49-0 on a rainy Saturday last September, delivering what was surely the low point of ODU’s first seven seasons of football.

The Monarchs lost 80-20 at North Carolina in 2013, but that team was injury-riddled and ODU had not yet made the transition to the Football Bowl Subdivision. It was in its second season in FBS a year ago.

The first team to shut out ODU at home, Appalachian led 35-0 at halftime, and coach Scott Satterfield tapped the brakes after that.

ODU coach Bobby Wilder began his news conference after that game by saying: “We’re embarrassed.”
I remember that rainy Norfolk day fondly. Loved every minute of us just rolling them with line play on both sides of the ball. I really would like a repeat performance this coming September in Charlotte.
Except for the rain. However, if we beat them as bad, I will take the rain that may come with it. I remember a game at WCU years ago when it rained sideways. My wife and I were standing the whole game. I was on the upwind side and caught almost all of the rain. She should have been thankful, but she was a UNCC grad. And now I couldn't care less. Bahahaha.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 pm

ASU84 wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:
Hey, no big deal one way or the other. I just thought that it was interesting that they honestly think that they are on our level. Nuff said.

Don't lose any sleep over it. ODU was saying the same things on their board.....,BEFORE we played them in 2015. If I recall, they got a big eye opening experience right there on their own field. Let them trash talk and then let our boys take care of business.

Here is the basic recap in a hometown newpaper prior to their trip to Boone in 2016. This is what needs to happen this fall in Charlotte to provide them with a little life learning experience.

Appalachian rolled into Foreman Field and crushed the Monarchs 49-0 on a rainy Saturday last September, delivering what was surely the low point of ODU’s first seven seasons of football.

The Monarchs lost 80-20 at North Carolina in 2013, but that team was injury-riddled and ODU had not yet made the transition to the Football Bowl Subdivision. It was in its second season in FBS a year ago.

The first team to shut out ODU at home, Appalachian led 35-0 at halftime, and coach Scott Satterfield tapped the brakes after that.

ODU coach Bobby Wilder began his news conference after that game by saying: “We’re embarrassed.”
I remember that rainy Norfolk day fondly. Loved every minute of us just rolling them with line play on both sides of the ball. I really would like a repeat performance this coming September in Charlotte.
Except for the rain. However, if we beat them as bad, I will take the rain that may come with it. I remember a game at WCU years ago when it rained sideways. My wife and I were standing the whole game. I was on the upwind side and caught almost all of the rain. She should have been thankful, but she was a UNCC grad. And now I couldn't care less. Bahahaha.

It poured rain the entire first half, then at halftime, a cold front came through and it dropped in the 30’s in no time?

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 pm
ASU84 wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:

I do believe it was that game. My wife was freezing. Bless her UNCC heart.

NWA49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by NWA49 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm

As a Charlotte guy obviously I would love to beat ya'll - but I expect to get beat down and get beat down bad. Here is the thing though, it really isn't that big a deal to me. We have bigger issues with our athletic department than one game against App. I am much more worried about getting the department shit show we have straightened out. Once we get our new AD in and we make the needed adjustments in both football and basketball and fix our relationship with the Charlotte business community and start to straighten out our brand issues - then I will start getting really worried about one game, even then I would rather beat Davidson in basketball than you guys on football. Basically enjoy your wins over the next two seasons. Ho hum
Go Niners!
@Normbulance

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:55 pm

NWA49 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm
As a Charlotte guy obviously I would love to beat ya'll - but I expect to get beat down and get beat down bad. Here is the thing though, it really isn't that big a deal to me. We have bigger issues with our athletic department than one game against App. I am much more worried about getting the department shit show we have straightened out. Once we get our new AD in and we make the needed adjustments in both football and basketball and fix our relationship with the Charlotte business community and start to straighten out our brand issues - then I will start getting really worried about one game, even then I would rather beat Davidson in basketball than you guys on football. Basically enjoy your wins over the next two seasons. Ho hum
Thanks for your insight. Yes, y'all have bigger fish to fry, but that should not minimize this series. It might not be a big deal to you, but this game and series are a very big deal. We recruit the same areas, we're comparable like minded institutions, and are natural regional competitors.

Down play it if you want, but we are taking it very seriously. We look forward to the opportunity to showcase our program in the QC in front of a large App contingency, UNCC fans, and recruits this fall. Every game is a big deal to us.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:17 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 pm
ASU84 wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:

I hate to admit it but that Western game was the only game I have ever left early. It was indeed absolutely miserable.

NWA49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by NWA49 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:21 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:55 pm
NWA49 wrote:
Thanks for your insight. Yes, y'all have bigger fish to fry, but that should not minimize this series. It might not be a big deal to you, but this game and series are a very big deal. We recruit the same areas, we're comparable like minded institutions, and are natural regional competitors.

Down play it if you want, but we are taking it very seriously. We look forward to the opportunity to showcase our program in the QC in front of a large App contingency, UNCC fans, and recruits this fall. Every game is a big deal to us.
That’s all fair and certainly don’t disagree. I’d love to really really care about this game, but given where we are not just with football but with our entire program it just isn’t as big a deal at least for me. I’ll be there and I’ll be rooting to win, but I expect to get crushed. Reality is what it is and until our new AD get things straight it’s not changing. Talking shit to a fanbase that knows their team is shit isn’t much fun I know. Hopefully new AD means new coaches which means at some point in the future we can make the games competitive whenever we do play. That certainly would make for some fun banter with you guys.

We will always be a basketball school as well. We can play you guys 25 times and every year we play id rather lose to y’all in football and beat Davidson basketball even if we go 0-25 against y’all. Just how it is!
Go Niners!
@Normbulance

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm

NWA49 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:21 pm
yosef13 wrote:
NWA49 wrote:

That’s all fair and certainly don’t disagree. I’d love to really really care about this game, but given where we are not just with football but with our entire program it just isn’t as big a deal at least for me. I’ll be there and I’ll be rooting to win, but I expect to get crushed. Reality is what it is and until our new AD get things straight it’s not changing. Talking shit to a fanbase that knows their team is shit isn’t much fun I know. Hopefully new AD means new coaches which means at some point in the future we can make the games competitive whenever we do play. That certainly would make for some fun banter with you guys.

We will always be a basketball school as well. We can play you guys 25 times and every year we play id rather lose to y’all in football and beat Davidson basketball even if we go 0-25 against y’all. Just how it is!
We can't do anything about your hoops battles with Davidson, but we will do our darndest to make your 0-25 scenario happen in football. ;)

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:51 am

The WCU Noah's Ark game was 2006. I was there too. Was fine until 10 minutes before kickoff, poured the entire first half and stopped in the second half and got cold.

Funny enough, I was at Western to watch my little sister in the marching band this past October vs Furman and it rained the entire game just as bad as 2006. Used her dorm's dryer for my clothes after the game (I had a change of clothes) since they were so water-logged. And Western lost that game too.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 am

UNCC isn’t a basketball school, it’s just a school.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:16 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 am
I have to agree with this based on the UNCC alums I know. I am however old enough to remember the name Cornbread Maxwell and their run to the Final Four...more than 40 years ago. It's the 40 plus years since that leave a void when I try to associate a marquee sport with UNCC.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:17 am

CVAPP wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:16 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 am
I have to agree with this based on the UNCC alums I know. I am however old enough to remember the name Cornbread Maxwell and their run to the Final Four...more than 40 years ago. It's the 40 plus years since that leave a void when I try to associate a marquee sport with UNCC.
Ha, I barely remember going to Boone for a game with UNCC, just to see Cornbread play. I was a teenager but not old enough to drive. Varsity gym was, of course, packed.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:51 pm

NWA49 wrote:
I certainly enjoyed beating Davidson this year.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm
UNCC will be good one day, they have had football handed to them on a platter with all the money Richardson and Co. put into the program and they will one day beat App in football, probably in a few short years. 2018, it could happen, but it certainly isn't likely.

In February every fan base over estimates their win total, including us.
Most App fans seem to agree that 8 to 10 wins is generally possible and acceptable. I'm not sure that equates to the fan base over estimating win total.s

App90

Unread post by App90 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm

NWA49 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:21 pm
yosef13 wrote:
NWA49 wrote:

NWA49, remember this UNCC was one vote that your prior AD cast to keep ASU out of Conference USA. So for me and some of my friends I am going to enjoy this football game in Charlotte, NC and I hope ASU beats UNCC like ASU beat up ODU both times. I'll bite my tongue on how I feel about her because I have some UNCC frds who say she made a huge mistake, good riddance to her and I do hope your new AD thinks more clearly.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

App90 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm
UNCC was one vote that your prior AD cast to keep ASU out of Conference USA.
Best vote she ever made IMO. :D

App90

Unread post by App90 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm
App90 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm
UNCC was one vote that your prior AD cast to keep ASU out of Conference USA.
Best vote she ever made IMO. :D
No doubt, but at the time it was really interesting to be turned down by the College of Concord.....

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 am

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... charlotte/

Appears he will be able to play immediately, so there is a good chance we will see him. Not that it should make a huge difference. Maybe they only lose by 35 instead of 42.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 am

Looks like he didn’t get a single FBS offer besides Miami for some reason. He never saw the field outside of garbage time and transferred because he knows he’ll never be the Canes’ guy.

If he starts against us this fall it’ll only indicate further how terrible the UNCC offense really is.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:51 am

He'll only be as good as the team around him. Ask Joe Flacco about that.....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”