Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Matt McMahon

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: Matt McMahon

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 pm
It is interesting that folks on this board still pine over the Capel (or not McMahon) decision. This is an 8 year old decision and basically everybody involved are gone and we have a new management trying to clean this up and make use relevant again. Yes the Capel hire was no doubt a BAD decision in retrospect but programs/schools make bad decisions all the time. The key is how you react. But also, who knows what Matt would have done at App had he been HC. I think we can ALL agree it would have to be better than Capel but would Matt have been the savior? Don't know. We also made a bad decision to hire Mike Working in 1980 but the difference is we got off the mat and turned it around quickly. Folks you have to let the McMahon thing go and let's move on.
I disagree. It was a historically bad decision that should not be forgotten. And Matt wasn't needed to be the savior. The team won the division the previous year and was returning 3 seniors including its 2 leading scorers. He just needed to continue on the existing success, something he has shown he can do at his current role. Moving on is only going to be possible when we exceed mediocrity.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:56 pm

I don't see WCU as a step up from UNCA.D2 is a different matter.Perhaps the coach at LM.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
It is interesting that folks on this board still pine over the Capel (or not McMahon) decision. This is an 8 year old decision and basically everybody involved are gone and we have a new management trying to clean this up and make use relevant again. Yes the Capel hire was no doubt a BAD decision in retrospect but programs/schools make bad decisions all the time. The key is how you react. But also, who knows what Matt would have done at App had he been HC. I think we can ALL agree it would have to be better than Capel but would Matt have been the savior? Don't know. We also made a bad decision to hire Mike Working in 1980 but the difference is we got off the mat and turned it around quickly. Folks you have to let the McMahon thing go and let's move on.
I disagree. It was a historically bad decision that should not be forgotten. And Matt wasn't needed to be the savior. The team won the division the previous year and was returning 3 seniors including its 2 leading scorers. He just needed to continue on the existing success, something he has shown he can do at his current role. Moving on is only going to be possible when we exceed mediocrity.
I did not say forget history and don’t learn from our mistakes. On the contrary, when I say move on that means learn and make better decisions going forward. And yes, I do expect us to exceed mediocrity, i.e. BETTER decisions.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
I did not say forget history and don’t learn from our mistakes. On the contrary, when I say move on that means learn and make better decisions going forward. And yes, I do expect us to exceed mediocrity, i.e. BETTER decisions.
Can we send this thread off to the mothballs, now? We can't unring the bell or put toothpaste back in the tube. Matt has a different calling. After today's game(s), so does App State.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:42 pm

asu66 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
Can we send this thread off to the mothballs, now? We can't unring the bell or put toothpaste back in the tube. Matt has a different calling. After today's game(s), so does App State.
“Dropping the 🎤

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm

asu66 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
Mothballs are used to help preserve, so you are saying you want this thread to last?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:16 pm

No, in this century it's a figure of speech meaning to file it where the sun doesn't shine--never to be seen or thought of again.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”