Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Heels Bite the Dust in Charlotte no less

appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Heels Bite the Dust in Charlotte no less

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:51 am
appst89 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:01 am
Lol love how much you guys get worked up over this. Newsflash: UNC and App aren’t rivals in sports. This isn’t Georgia Southern or Ark State I’m talking about.

I claim both as my teams bc I’ve attended both. App for undergrad and currently UNC for grad. As long as the Heels aren’t playing App, they are my team aswell.
You should just quit while you're behind.
Not seeing how I'm behind here buddy boy. Proud to be a fan of the neers and the heels. Too many here have little brother syndrome toward UNC and it's pretty pathetic. Heels aren't a rival.
The ultimate little brother syndrome is not seeing UNCheat as a rival. We're both division one schools. That you still look at App the way you do tells me all I need to know buddy boy. Wear your powder blue proudly.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Gonzo: always the guy to get too worked up on a message board and go personal. You didn’t disappoint this time around.

You guys seriously can’t handle the idea of someone not absolutely hating Carolina on this board? If he didn’t go to Carolina I’d get it but the man will have a degree. I hate Carolina as much as anyone but a bunch of you guys do have some serious little brother syndrome. It’s about as bad as East Carolina’s.
If you walk in my house and crap on the floor, I'm going to react. This is no different.

This little brother thing is ridiculous. I don't put any school anywhere above App. We are nobody's little brother and it's time more of us act that way.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:43 pm

The ultimate little brother syndrome is not seeing UNCheat as a rival. We're both division one schools. That you still look at App the way you do tells me all I need to know buddy boy. Wear your powder blue proudly.

THIS...I perceive a “we should know our place” mentality...

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:24 pm

if one has allegiance to both App and UNC- CHeat, I wonder if he goes to the their message board and speaks proudly of our football conference championships and bowl victories? Just wondering.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 pm

I'm still trying to figure out who all these UNC haters pulled for growing up, dook or the wolfies? The amount of venom and hate from some of these posters is beyond ridiculous and makes us as App fans look just as immature and pathetic. It's 1 thing to pull against the in-state P5s, but some of the reasons listed in this thread just take it way beyond sports. Life is too short to be getting this worked up over something, let's be realistic, in the real world, is so so very small.

Until we start going head to head with UNC, or NCState or any other P5 consistently, or seriously competing with them every year with recruits. I'm not going to get worked up over these schools like I would GS or stAte ... this has become ridiculous.

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 pm
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:51 am
appst89 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:01 am
Lol love how much you guys get worked up over this. Newsflash: UNC and App aren’t rivals in sports. This isn’t Georgia Southern or Ark State I’m talking about.

I claim both as my teams bc I’ve attended both. App for undergrad and currently UNC for grad. As long as the Heels aren’t playing App, they are my team aswell.
You should just quit while you're behind.
Not seeing how I'm behind here buddy boy. Proud to be a fan of the neers and the heels. Too many here have little brother syndrome toward UNC and it's pretty pathetic. Heels aren't a rival.
Not what I was saying at all. Do you see all division one schools as rivals to App? Do you see Charlotte, Virginia, Memphis, Georgia Tech, San Jose State, Colorado State, etc. as rivals? I don't. Rivalries are with teams that you face on a regular basis, like conference mates. But that doesn't mean we aren't on the same level as non-rivals.

App's rivalry is with Georgia Southern, and perhaps new ones are brewing with conference mates like Arkansas State. The closest thing we have to an FBS rivalry in N.C. would maybe be Wake just because of the amount of games we've played with them over the years and the amount we compete with them in recruiting. Still wouldn't really consider it one though.

App doesn't compete with UNC nearly enough for it to be considered a rivalry (have we ever even played CH in football?), yet some on here talk like they are the biggest rival of all. Average UNC fans couldn't care less about what App does (if anything they cheer for App), yet many on here are talking like the heels are the biggest rival of all. That's the pathetic part.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 pm
I'm still trying to figure out who all these UNC haters pulled for growing up, dook or the wolfies? The amount of venom and hate from some of these posters is beyond ridiculous and makes us as App fans look just as immature and pathetic. It's 1 thing to pull against the in-state P5s, but some of the reasons listed in this thread just take it way beyond sports. Life is too short to be getting this worked up over something, let's be realistic, in the real world, is so so very small.

Until we start going head to head with UNC, or NCState or any other P5 consistently, or seriously competing with them every year with recruits. I'm not going to get worked up over these schools like I would GS or stAte ... this has become ridiculous.
Want to have the conversation about putting away childish things that we had on the Sun Belt board? You know, the one that led to you admitting that you don’t care that CHeat has screwed App over for professional degree offerings, because you already have your degree?

http://csnbbs.com/thread-845068-page-4.html
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:05 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:43 pm

THIS...I perceive a “we should know our place” mentality...
Just because we wake up in the morning, put on our Black & Gold sunglass and strut around with our chest out doesn't make us a rival of the ACC schools. Being a D1 school doesn't make us rivals and thinking so is homerish. I applaud your effort, and I think App will one day get there, but realistically we aren't there yet. It's been over 10 years since we even beat a P5 school so let's pump the brakes please and enjoy the ride to get there.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm
CoachRob wrote:

Want to have the conversation about putting away childish things that we had on the Sun Belt board? You know, the one that led to you admitting that you don’t care that CHeat has screwed App over for professional degree offerings, because you already have your degree?

Since you apparently have nothing better to do, sure ... As an App football fan, I'm so so concerned how UNC, or other ACC schools have kept us from winning 3 FCS Championships, numorius Socon titles, two SunBelt titles, and 3 bowl wins ...

Here's my stance. With work and family getting in the way, you know, life. I pretty much just have time to keep my fandom on the gridiron or on the court. I'm more concerned about who App plays on a regular basis and who they recruit against on a regular basis to keep them from football success. I just don't have either the luxury or the time to worry myself to discus and hatred over anything else that just really doesn't matter. I have more problems in this difficult world to worry about then things you suggest. Sorry, but it really isn't that important.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:29 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Gonzo: always the guy to get too worked up on a message board and go personal. You didn’t disappoint this time around.

You guys seriously can’t handle the idea of someone not absolutely hating Carolina on this board? If he didn’t go to Carolina I’d get it but the man will have a degree. I hate Carolina as much as anyone but a bunch of you guys do have some serious little brother syndrome. It’s about as bad as East Carolina’s.
If you walk in my house and crap on the floor, I'm going to react. This is no different.

This little brother thing is ridiculous. I don't put any school anywhere above App. We are nobody's little brother and it's time more of us act that way.
“Yeah our small ball lineup and reliance on 3 finally let us down when we went extremely cold from outside. I was pretty beat up about it yesterday but I’m at peace. Hard to ask for more than 2 straight final fours and a national championship from those guys!”

Lol that’s “crapping on your floor”? Your faux outrage is a bit much.

I agree the little brother thing is ridiculous but you certainly are acting like a little brother would.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:31 am

Seriously? One of our best and most informative members of this board is a Carolina GRADUATE, and she is respected on this board because she handles her allegiances with CLASS. She doesn't come on this board to gush over her other school, or call fellow Mountaineer fans pathetic, worked up, or afflicted with "little brother syndrome." And she sure doesn't tell them they should have studied harder so they could have gotten in UNC. Believe it or not, most APP fans don't give a crap about UNC Cheat either, but will react to ANY fan base to come to OUR board to boast about THEIR team. No apologies here for being an App State fan.

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 am

Is there a single adult posting in this thread? Jesus Christ this is embarrassing to read.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 am

TheMackAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 am
Is there a single adult posting in this thread? Jesus Christ this is embarrassing to read.
Then don't read it.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:58 am

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm
CoachRob wrote:

Since you apparently have nothing better to do, sure ... As an App football fan, I'm so so concerned how UNC, or other ACC schools have kept us from winning 3 FCS Championships, numorius Socon titles, two SunBelt titles, and 3 bowl wins ...

Here's my stance. With work and family getting in the way, you know, life. I pretty much just have time to keep my fandom on the gridiron or on the court. I'm more concerned about who App plays on a regular basis and who they recruit against on a regular basis to keep them from football success. I just don't have either the luxury or the time to worry myself to discus and hatred over anything else that just really doesn't matter. I have more problems in this difficult world to worry about then things you suggest. Sorry, but it really isn't that important.
You don’t care about the academic offerings of App and how they can be made to make her stronger???

I truly am ashamed your diploma looks like mine.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 am

Uncle Toms

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 pm
50% pass rate for first time takers seems higher than other accreditations.
It is. This guy is insufferable. You would think he was the one who went to UNC with the way he constantly attacks and talks down to everyone.

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 am

appst89 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 am
TheMackAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 am
Then don't read it.
Whether I read it or not isn’t going to make it less ridiculous.

It was a tactless post but altogether harmless. The fake outrage that followed, however, was childish and embarrassing. And I’m sorry but I expect our fan base to act like adults instead of a bunch of 14 year olds throwing pot shots at each other.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:47 am

An App fan accusing another App fan of little brother syndrome is not a true App first fan. Only a pompous ass would do that.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:47 am

Chaz wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 pm
50% pass rate for first time takers seems higher than other accreditations.
It is. This guy is insufferable. You would think he was the one who went to UNC with the way he constantly attacks and talks down to everyone.
50% was the state average. Central's was lower. And that guys DOES go to UNC.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 am

App fans really are SUPER sensitive about UNC. It does seem like some folks overreacted to a post by a UNC student (App alum) in a thread about UNC. It was a poor choice of words for him to use the "we" in reference to UNC, but still.....WOW.

That being said, UNC IS a rival. No, they're not a direct athletic rival very often but we compete for athletes, media time, funding and YES...on occasion we DO compete on the athletic field. Nothing wrong with someone pulling for UNC as a secondary team, especially when they also went there. I think AppDoggy's selection of words was at best dismissive and at worst condescending. I would suggest that the Legal profession has a cornerstone in precision as much as the characteristics me mentioned (Logic and ethics).

Regarding CoachRob's observation (AGAIN) about the fact that App hasn't beaten a P5 in 10 years....is anyone on this board actually NOT aware of that? I assume that most are also aware that the vast majority of those games were played against upper echelon programs. Frankly, if UNC had played those same teams over the same time period, their results would probably be very similar, despite the fact that their athletic budget is 3 times what App has to spend. Yeah....the Wake game might be arguable, but Wake could very likely have beaten UNC this past year as well). We are all disappointed that we haven't pulled another big upset, especially with the "should have won" games against Tennessee and Wake, but some folks have really ridiculous expectations apparently.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”