Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ASU's Chancellor Everts' in China

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

ASU's Chancellor Everts' in China

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:51 pm

http://appstate.imodules.com/controls/e ... sid=293081

Great Opportunity for Chancellor Everts, but I can't help but wonder how she has the time at this very busy period of the academic year. On the flip side, it should continue the study abroad opportunities for our students we have enjoyed for over 20 years (according to the article.)

Greetings from China!

I am accompanying a delegation from Appalachian on a fast-paced excursion to China. We are visiting universities with which we have longstanding relationships — including Beijing International Studies University and Shaanxi Normal University. On the trip are University of North Carolina Board of Governors member Philip Byers, Appalachian State University Board of Trustees Vice Chair John Blackburn, Vice Chancellor and Chief of Staff Hank Foreman, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs J.J. Brown and Walker College of Business Dean Heather Norris.

For more than 20 years, Appalachian has had healthy and productive engagements with universities worldwide — from Brazil to Mexico to Australia — and we are eager to continue and expand these types of collaborations.
With study abroad opportunities on nearly every continent, Appalachian students have access to approximately 200 foreign sites in 52 countries for short-term, semester, summer and year-long programs of study.

Dr. Jesse Lutabingwa, associate vice chancellor of international education and development, received a Reciprocal Exchange Award — a component of the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders — and will travel to Nigeria in April to conduct two grant writing workshops.

Just two weeks ago, Chief Sustainability Officer Dr. Lee Ball and Dr. Barbara Howard, associate professor and program director in the Reich College of Education and faculty senate chair, traveled to Russia to begin an informal exchange with the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education, also known as Yaroslav-the-Wise Novgorod State University (NovSU).

Each year, Appalachian awards about $130,000 in student scholarships for study abroad — an increase in funding of 136 percent since 2012-13.

There also are many opportunities for global learning that do not require a passport. Students can share international experiences here on campus through such programs as Global Exchange, the International Friendship Program, iPALS, the upcoming Diversity Celebration and the Global Film Series, to name a few.
I look forward to sharing outcomes and educational opportunities that result from this exciting journey.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AtlAppMan

Re: ASU's Chancellor Everts' in China

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Is she working on recruiting the next Yao Ming for our basketball team?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:50 pm

We charging tariffs on tuition yet?

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Not if it is an even trade

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Well, whatever reason she's there, I'm sure it's important because she is missing Migos. :D

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:48 am

ROFLMBO
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 am

Boone police need to search her car......

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 am

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 am

Chicoms, don't trust em.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:40 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Well, whatever reason she's there, I'm sure it's important because she is missing Migos. :D
Perhaps she needs to look into who was or wasn't minding campus activity while she was away. This will do nothing to lessen the anxiety of parents of current and prospective students about campus culture.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... p%2Cresize (wataugademocrat.com/eedition/page-a/page_19)

Please spare me, all of you U30 students/young alums, the "clueless, out-of-touch ol' geezer" replies. You'll be on the other side of issues like this almost before you know it. If not long before, all the things you can no longer control will come crashing down on you as you're driving home from "move-in-day." That's a guarantee.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:56 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:40 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Perhaps she needs to look into who was or wasn't minding campus activity while she was away. This will do nothing to lessen the anxiety of parents of current and prospective students about campus culture.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... p%2Cresize (wataugademocrat.com/eedition/page-a/page_19)

Please spare me, all of you U30 students/young alums, the "clueless, out-of-touch ol' geezer" replies. You'll be on the other side of issues like this almost before you know it. If not long before, all the things you can no longer control will come crashing down on you as you're driving home from "move-in-day." That's a guarantee.
I am no U30 or young alum but I don't think this reflects poorly upon the school or the campus culture. There's no telling how many venues this entourage had already visited or planned to visit doing the same thing. Boone was not a friendly stop.

I guess it's all in how you choose to view it.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Devil's lettuce brought up in yet another topic.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 pm

asu66 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

Chuck, that is the best advice you've ever given on any of these message boards in the decades I've been reading your posts.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Won't be the last and cute little names for it does no good.
Google SUX

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:47 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Won't be the last and cute little names for it does no good.
Here's a cute name for cannabis: Charlotte's Web. It's been proven to reduce seizures in suffering children when nothing else worked. She (Charlotte) is a cute gal with good parents. Bing it or yahoo it. On a side note, cannabis has never done me any good but I won't demonize it anymore than KJV folks demonize the NIV heathens. Let's pick our battles.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm

asu66 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

Ha haha hahaha haha. My night has been made because of how cliche and stereotypical this post is. Well I want anyone who is a boomer to spare me your "young people are ruing the world" replies because its getting old.
2855h0.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”