Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Why I can't Help but be Jealous of EZU

proasu89
School: Appalachian State

Re: Why I can't Help but be Jealous of EZU

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:06 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:11 am
AppinVA wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:39 pm
Judging from your posts from this past weekend, you envy their party school atmosphere, too, I guess.

Just another “App isn’t good enough thread” from the ghost of JCline. :roll:

You have me mixed up with Gonzo. He's the one who worships the party school crap. I hate it. I went to ASU to get an education and a resulting good job. Not to waste my and my Dad's money on booze. If you have any reading ability whatsoever, you would have known that through the years, I am about the only one on here who deplores EZU and all they stand for. I'm one who is jealous of that the fact that they get what they want through crooked politics and admitting every high school senior who can sign an application.
Apology accepted in advance.

Why don't you stick that Cline crap where the sun "don't" shine. It's almost a decade old.
Beachbum and 29520somethingsomething is almost two decades old. Still, the song remains the same.
Don’t forget the gem that was SoCon48 on AGS.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 pm

I don't see much to be jealous of here, most of these stats follow from the number of students at ECU. If App even approached those numbers, it wouldn't be App. Not to mention going through a "rebranding" similar to what they have done is a nightmare scenario for me, as apparently it has been for quite a few ECU alumni.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:15 am

AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Judging from your posts from this past weekend, you envy their party school atmosphere, too, I guess.

You have me mixed up with Gonzo. He's the one who worships the party school crap. I hate it. I went to ASU to get an education and a resulting good job. Not to waste my and my Dad's money on booze. If you have any reading ability whatsoever, you would have known that through the years, I am about the only one on here who deplores EZU and all they stand for. I'm one who is jealous of that the fact that they get what they want through crooked politics and admitting every high school senior who can sign an application.

Why don't you stick that Cline crap where the sun "don't" shine. It's almost a decade old.
Beachbum and 29520somethingsomething is almost two decades old. Still, the song remains the same.
Nope. RICHMONDAPP. It just stems from your inability to read and instead make assumptions.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:16 am

proasu89 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:06 pm
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

So what's your point, proass89? I still read on there but don't post.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 am

97grad wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 pm
I don't see much to be jealous of here, most of these stats follow from the number of students at ECU. If App even approached those numbers, it wouldn't be App. Not to mention going through a "rebranding" similar to what they have done is a nightmare scenario for me, as apparently it has been for quite a few ECU alumni.
Just as a clarification, I don't envy EZU, I'm just jealous of how they have used dirty politics and cheating to maintain their funding and brand. They no more deserve their medical and dental schools than a high school does.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 am

proasu89 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Closer to three decades old, FWIW, proass89.
Google SUX

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:14 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 am
proasu89 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Closer to three decades old, FWIW, proass89.
:lol: I said SoCon48 was a gem.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:03 am

I think the title of the thread is incorrect.

[url]
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:54 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:15 am
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Nope. RICHMONDAPP. It just stems from your inability to read and instead make assumptions.
You got me red-handed — red-lettered, rather. Two handles in 20 years, changed with the switch from the old board to this one, and when I moved away from Richmond. Nope. Don’t see a similarity.

You have thrown me a curve ball, though. I figured you to be more jealous or envious of wcu, instead of the purple school to the east.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:54 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

You got me red-handed — red-lettered, rather. Two handles in 20 years, changed with the switch from the old board to this one, and when I moved away from Richmond. Nope. Don’t see a similarity.

You have thrown me a curve ball, though. I figured you to be more jealous or envious of wcu, instead of the purple school to the east.
Nope, wrong as usual. I have no envy for WCU although I have good friends there and had truly great experiences at NCAAT. I wouldn't trade positions with them for anything.
As I said, I am jealous of ECU but not envious. I'm only jealous because we earned our position while they cheated, bullied and bribed their way to what successes they have had. If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Nope, wrong as usual. I have no envy for WCU although I have good friends there and had truly great experiences at NCAAT. I wouldn't trade positions with them for anything.
As I said, I am jealous of ECU but not envious. I'm only jealous because we earned our position while they cheated, bullied and bribed their way to what successes they have had. If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.
I don’t know enough to know what or how ECU may have done to get to where they are, but I do know they serve their region well. And while I hope we can one day serve the Mountain region in the same capacity (medical school), I won’t waste time begrudging them when we have much to be proud of, ourselves.

This is the difference between you and me: I see ECU and want App to strive to get some of the toys they have by continuing to do the great things we already do. You, on the other hand, see ECU and want to drag them down to what you perceive as our lower level.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

I don’t know enough to know what or how ECU may have done to get to where they are, but I do know they serve their region well. And while I hope we can one day serve the Mountain region in the same capacity (medical school), I won’t waste time begrudging them when we have much to be proud of, ourselves.

This is the difference between you and me: I see ECU and want App to strive to get some of the toys they have by continuing to do the great things we already do. You, on the other hand, see ECU and want to drag them down to what you perceive as our lower level.

The difference in you and I is that I want ASU to get what it deserves by doing things the right way, not like ECU has done. I don't have to drag them down, they are already down by their nefarious ways. I have been following them since the early to mid 1960's when they hoodwinked the legislature and the taxpayers into letting them have a medical school in spite of having one of the lowest academic standards in the state.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:40 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 am
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:

The difference in you and I is that I want ASU to get what it deserves by doing things the right way, not like ECU has done. I don't have to drag them down, they are already down by their nefarious ways. I have been following them since the early to mid 1960's when they hoodwinked the legislature and the taxpayers into letting them have a medical school in spite of having one of the lowest academic standards in the state.
Fifty-five years is a long time to be jealous/envious.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:46 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:40 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Actually resentful might be a better word, I don’t know. It’s because they keep getting by with the same crap, most recently getting a new dental school while we can’t even get a measley little PhD in Psychology program. Doesn’t that bother you at all? If not you must be a closet Pirate fan. Have you ever noticed we don’t have even one professional degree program? They generate high income jobs which in turn lead to prestige and generous donations.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:46 pm
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Actually resentful might be a better word, I don’t know. It’s because they keep getting by with the same crap, most recently getting a new dental school while we can’t even get a measley little PhD in Psychology program. Doesn’t that bother you at all? If not you must be a closet Pirate fan. Have you ever noticed we don’t have even one professional degree program? They generate high income jobs which in turn lead to prestige and generous donations.
I’m on record wanting more professional programs. Even somewhere above in this thread. I’m just not aware of where they screwed us over to get to where they are today. If you can show me that, I will share your resentment.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:44 am

A couple thoughts on this.

First. App was created to be a school to train teachers, but so were most of the unc schools. While it hasn’t been long since App became a university offering more than Ed degreees (1968?), it has also been a traditionally been a small school. We all know the event that lead to the now exponential enrollment rate, but It still seems that most public NC universities have just recently grown out of the role of serving their region/ community and now serve the entire state. I say this because I now see more people from Wilmington at App and not just western nc kids. The traditional needs of western NC haven’t been research degrees, it’s been teachers and people with bachelors. App also doesn’t have the research capabilities for many of the PhD programs becuse of this undergrad focous is my understanding as well.

Secondly when I remove the black and gold tinted shades and as tax payer of NC, Does NC need a 6th? Or have the ability to justify the tax funding for another Medical School? Probably not and the same can most likely be said with many of the professional degrees mentioned. So I don’t think it’s a conspiracy that’s trying to keep App down, it’s more of a they ain’t paying for it anymore. The funding was probably there back in the day where there was a fraction of the number of students in the system as there are now and when most of the schools started these programs. Let’s be realistic, when ecu got a med school App was one year removerd from being a education college and a quarter of the size it is now. So yeah I get why App wasn’t a contender.

To get a program you have justify state investment and this is a state flooded with fantastic graduate programs both private and public. I don’t think there are any other states that can say they have the public university system we do or the number of well know private schools. App is probably a tad late to the game to in all honasty at this point. There are always exceptions but I would expect to see more funding for and the creation of applied tech and healthcare undergrad programs, not professional grad programs.

It sucks but unless some people are ready to poney up with donations and buy App form the state to make it a private school, I don’t think the state can justify the spending on most of these programs.

Edit. My point is I don’t know anything about the “shady” thing people are saying about how other program were started. I’m saying App historically Hasn’t been in a position to have these programs and I doubt there is room for them now. Sorry for the wall of txt I just feel this is a complicated issue.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

BTK2000 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:44 am
A couple thoughts on this.

First. App was created to be a school to train teachers, but so were most of the unc schools. While it hasn’t been long since App became a university offering more than Ed degreees (1968?), it has also been a traditionally been a small school. We all know the event that lead to the now exponential enrollment rate, but It still seems that most public NC universities have just recently grown out of the role of serving their region/ community and now serve the entire state. I say this because I now see more people from Wilmington at App and not just western nc kids. The traditional needs of western NC haven’t been research degrees, it’s been teachers and people with bachelors. App also doesn’t have the research capabilities for many of the PhD programs becuse of this undergrad focous is my understanding as well.

Secondly when I remove the black and gold tinted shades and as tax payer of NC, Does NC need a 6th? Or have the ability to justify the tax funding for another Medical School? Probably not and the same can most likely be said with many of the professional degrees mentioned. So I don’t think it’s a conspiracy that’s trying to keep App down, it’s more of a they ain’t paying for it anymore. The funding was probably there back in the day where there was a fraction of the number of students in the system as there are now and when most of the schools started these programs. Let’s be realistic, when ecu got a med school App was one year removerd from being a education college and a quarter of the size it is now. So yeah I get why App wasn’t a contender.

To get a program you have justify state investment and this is a state flooded with fantastic graduate programs both private and public. I don’t think there are any other states that can say they have the public university system we do or the number of well know private schools. App is probably a tad late to the game to in all honasty at this point. There are always exceptions but I would expect to see more funding for and the creation of applied tech and healthcare undergrad programs, not professional grad programs.

It sucks but unless some people are ready to poney up with donations and buy App form the state to make it a private school, I don’t think the state can justify the spending on most of these programs.

Edit. My point is I don’t know anything about the “shady” thing people are saying about how other program were started. I’m saying App historically Hasn’t been in a position to have these programs and I doubt there is room for them now. Sorry for the wall of txt I just feel this is a complicated issue.
I buy into everything you said, but I still don't think we have gotten our fair share. Some of it may be our own fault due to our administration not being forceful enough or not wanting to make waves.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:33 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

I’m on record wanting more professional programs. Even somewhere above in this thread. I’m just not aware of where they screwed us over to get to where they are today. If you can show me that, I will share your resentment.
Just by the fact we haven't gotten our fair share and instead funds being diverted elsewhere disproportionately and the fact we don't have even one professional degree and we are as much of a lone force in our region just as much as EZU is in the east. I don't expect NC to have another full medical school, but at least one measly professional degree. It would certainly be well utilized in NW NC. Chancellor Everts wants to expand our graduate programs but we don't have anything to offer that can't be found more conveniently elsewhere. UNC-C even is surpassing us in teacher and administrator education. Which was at one time our premier concentration. NW NC needs something to keep graduates home and build the economy of our region.
Google SUX

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:33 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Just by the fact we haven't gotten our fair share and instead funds being diverted elsewhere disproportionately and the fact we don't have even one professional degree and we are as much of a lone force in our region just as much as EZU is in the east. I don't expect NC to have another full medical school, but at least one measly professional degree. It would certainly be well utilized in NW NC. Chancellor Everts wants to expand our graduate programs but we don't have anything to offer that can't be found more conveniently elsewhere. UNC-C even is surpassing us in teacher and administrator education. Which was at one time our premier concentration. NW NC needs something to keep graduates home and build the economy of our region.
I’ve always heard one of the things that hurt our grad ed degrees was NC dropping the pay raise for teachers with masters degrees. Out of curiosity what professional degrees would you want to see added? Because it seems people on the board don’t specifically want PhDs. But things like PT or Architecture.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 am

It seems the only time I see ECU ranked high in anything, it is something they self publish. While what they state might be accurate, it is not a category I am envious of and actually makes me feel sorry for them and their ongoing need to be recognized.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”