Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Almost end of 4 great years.

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Almost end of 4 great years.

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue May 08, 2018 9:00 pm

So after 4 years my oldest daughter will be walking across the stage at graduation on Friday. She does have one class to take during first summer session.

And she already has a job lined that is close enough to Boone with a school in Caldwell County.

For folks in that area do you have any advice on places to live that a first year teach salary could afford and also be safe and reasonably nice. Without giving too much of her personal info away she could live in the Wilkesboro area or Lenoir. Hickory would be a bit far away but not out of the question.

I have been on-line looking but not a lot came up. I know things are out there but I have not spent much time in Caldwell County in close to a decade since my dad passed away and his last house was in Hudson.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

firemoose

Re: Almost end of 4 great years.

Unread post by firemoose » Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Got family pretty much everywhere around here. All over Caldwell, southwest Wilkes, and Watauga, of course. Especially southeast. I'll put some feelers out for you and see what's around.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Congratulations! The 4 years for my son begins soon.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed May 09, 2018 9:33 am

firemoose wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm
Got family pretty much everywhere around here. All over Caldwell, southwest Wilkes, and Watauga, of course. Especially southeast. I'll put some feelers out for you and see what's around.
I grew up in Catawba County and my dad moved to the Patterson area late in life and then to Hudson so I know some of Caldwell County and more of Catawba. Wilkes less so.

Most likely I'll spend some time in mid June in the area. My daughter has an apt until July 29 in Boone and though it would be nice to move straight from one apt to another if he must use a storage locker for a week or so we will.

I don't really know what her price range is. I am willing to live in a rat hole and save on money, but she is more selective. Washer/dryer not a requirement but having hook-ups would be just short of required. I doubt she wants a house as she would not want the mowing and other yard work.

Thanks for any leads.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am

Congrats. I am extremely excited I won't be writing any more checks to Clemson. :D

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 pm

My daughter and her husband live in Lenoir because the cost of housing in either Hickory or Boone is outrageous.They were able to find good jobs there.(stay away from Google,they only hire through temp Co.'s and only part time)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed May 09, 2018 3:20 pm

I was thinking Lenoir for the cost. I know Boone is out and Hickory cost or not will be a bit longer of a drive that I think she wants (which is more cost in gas, and bad for the environment.0

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”