Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Roll Call- UNC-Harrisb...errr I mean UNC-Charlotte

Gnomeneer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Roll Call- UNC-Harrisb...errr I mean UNC-Charlotte

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Tue May 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Just got my 4. They indicated that we may get some GA tickets after the reserved seating is gone.

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 pm

FYI. Whoever heard UNCC was without a band director heard wrong. Its APP with no band director, he left abruptly to take a job in Texas. And I strongly suspect unless there is extreme pressure, repeat extreme pressure, we will only see the Band of Distinction only at at a bowl game. So if you want the BOD at UNCC better start lobbying. And FYI2. Penn State is not charging for tickets for our band but unfortunately I do not expect the band to make that trip, such a shame to miss an experience like that.

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm

From the App Band FB page:
It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Dr. Kevin Richardson will be leaving Appalachian State University. Over the past 6 years, Dr. Richardson has fostered a thriving marching band program and exceptional symphony band. We would like to thank Dr. Richardson and his family for all that they have given to the Hayes School of Music and wish them the best as they return to Texas for Dr. Richardson's new position at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

boonedocks

Unread post by boonedocks » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

I'd be surprised if there will be enough seats for the band to go to UNCC. I would imagine that the Niners would make us use part of our allotment, and I don't think the ticket office will want to reduce supply to season ticket holders and other people that want to attend that game. Having said that, I know less than nothing about how these things work. Would be great if they were there to play Yikas but I just don't see it.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Wed May 16, 2018 10:41 am

boonedocks wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am
I'd be surprised if there will be enough seats for the band to go to UNCC. I would imagine that the Niners would make us use part of our allotment, and I don't think the ticket office will want to reduce supply to season ticket holders and other people that want to attend that game. Having said that, I know less than nothing about how these things work. Would be great if they were there to play Yikas but I just don't see it.
Would love to have the BOD at the game, but I agree that it probably won't happen with the limited number of tickets. At the Tennessee game, I thought it was pretty classy that the Tennessee band came over to the visitor section before the game and played Yikas since the App band wasn't there.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 am

boonedocks wrote:
We'll have enough fans there to a cappella the damn thing, no band needed.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am

appbanker wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:41 am
boonedocks wrote:
Would love to have the BOD at the game, but I agree that it probably won't happen with the limited number of tickets. At the Tennessee game, I thought it was pretty classy that the Tennessee band came over to the visitor section before the game and played Yikas since the App band wasn't there.
That was awesome of the Tennessee band and they did a good job too! We should have won that dang game. I Still think of that game often and Still catch hell from my UT friends.
Give Em Hell!!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed May 16, 2018 11:26 am

87ASUgrad wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am
appbanker wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:41 am
boonedocks wrote:
That was awesome of the Tennessee band and they did a good job too! We should have won that dang game. I Still think of that game often and Still catch hell from my UT friends.
UT's band does that for every visiting team. The band members must memorize the fight song of every guest team prior to game time to be able to welcome the visitors. It's quite a classy tradition they have.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Lowcountry App

Unread post by Lowcountry App » Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

I don’t know our allotment of tickets for this game but I’m a little surprised we haven’t sold all of them by now. I guess when they go on sale to the general public they’ll go quickly.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Lowcountry App wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm
I don’t know our allotment of tickets for this game but I’m a little surprised we haven’t sold all of them by now. I guess when they go on sale to the general public they’ll go quickly.
I would agree that it is surprising. However they really have not marketed the away ticket sales well. Unless you check the website or social media you would miss it.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Likely will be some pissed off donors and lessons learned this year.

In years past Yosef Club members/Season ticket holders put in for how many away tickets they wanted (limit based upon giving levels) similar to bowl games and then they were allocated based upon priority points. This has come into play for Clemson, UGA, bowl games, etc.

While this is likely more work for the staff, it does provide a benefit to long-time fans that have given back. My parents who have been Yosef Club members for 40+ years called late and got GA tickets. They will never complain about it, but others won't be as understanding.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

In years past Yosef Club members/Season ticket holders put in for how many away tickets they wanted (limit based upon giving levels) similar to bowl games and then they were allocated based upon priority points. This has come into play for Clemson, UGA, bowl games, etc.

While this is likely more work for the staff, it does provide a benefit to long-time fans that have given back. My parents who have been Yosef Club members for 40+ years called late and got GA tickets. They will never complain about it, but others won't be as understanding.
When did they call? If Yosef sold your parents GA tickets that means we sold out of our allotment of reserved seats.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Yesterday afternoon.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm

wncapp78 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 pm
FYI. Whoever heard UNCC was without a band director heard wrong. Its APP with no band director, he left abruptly to take a job in Texas. And I strongly suspect unless there is extreme pressure, repeat extreme pressure, we will only see the Band of Distinction only at at a bowl game. So if you want the BOD at UNCC better start lobbying. And FYI2. Penn State is not charging for tickets for our band but unfortunately I do not expect the band to make that trip, such a shame to miss an experience like that.
It’s not pressure its $$$$. The trip to Florida in 2010 cost $120k. There Few games we play that don’t require a hotel room for the band. Idk where the money comes from for travel but I know the one bowl game maxes it out with 2+ nights in a hotel. You want the and to travel you are gonna have to donate to the school of music outside your Yosef club donation.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm
wncapp78 wrote:
It’s not pressure its $$$$. The trip to Florida in 2010 cost $120k. There Few games we play that don’t require a hotel room for the band. Idk where the money comes from for travel but I know the one bowl game maxes it out with 2+ nights in a hotel. You want the and to travel you are gonna have to donate to the school of music outside your Yosef club donation.
First: Both Charlotte and App's Marching Band Directors have left. Neither were abrupt moves. App's director is from Texas and is basically moving home; most knew it was coming.

Next: Correct, donate to the Hayes School of Music if you want to see the band go places. The bowl game is big expense in itself, not to mention the possibility of the band traveling to a Sun Belt Championship game this year. There's a possibility of a small band going to Charlotte, but it all depends on the money from App's athletics, Charlottes ticket policy, and HSOM money.

This coming year the BOD will have an interim band director while they conduct a national search for a qualified candidate. So next year will be the same, just to keep consistency and keep people from quitting the band. After that, hopefully there will be more funding and better advancement plans for the BOD.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm

wncapp78 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm
From the App Band FB page:
It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Dr. Kevin Richardson will be leaving Appalachian State University. Over the past 6 years, Dr. Richardson has fostered a thriving marching band program and exceptional symphony band. We would like to thank Dr. Richardson and his family for all that they have given to the Hayes School of Music and wish them the best as they return to Texas for Dr. Richardson's new position at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
My heart ain’t that heavy. I want a more progressive and forward thinking leader. Time to move the BOD and n a new direction

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm
wncapp78 wrote:
If the BOD wants more $$ then they need to give us more than we’ve been getting. Not the band members fault but we are mired in mediocrity.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed May 16, 2018 6:06 pm

I would rather have a band mired in mediocrity than a mediocre or poorly performing football team.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

When did they call? If Yosef sold your parents GA tickets that means we sold out of our allotment of reserved seats.
My friend ordered late morning yesterday and could only get GA

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Greg. I have established an endowment specifically for the Marching Band because just as you noted, that’s what needs to be done to move the program forward and ensure long term sustainability.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”